2 votesNashtyGamer shared this idea ·
37 votesNashtyGamer commented
To add constructive criticism to the post, Here is what I would do to rectify the 18+ situation:
1) Stop placing more weight on Teen/Family Friendly streams than 18+. Treat them equally.
2) If Dash slots cannot be 18+ chats, take them away. 75% + are empty follows based on what I have seen and it is essentially “streamer legit” viewbotting
3) I don’t want Mixer Pro and free subs for instability on the site. I want the site to work and for it to be available without hiccups. That pays for itself in the long run.
4) If Hypezone must exist, then Chillzone needs to return. All of them should treat streams equally, regardless of rating.
5) Age verification. Since Microsoft’s hands are tied by their business ventures into TV and subscriptions “as a service”... They will not typically ban people indefinitely anymore. This poses an issue on the Mixer side since Microsoft is not upholding it’s own ToS on the Xbox Platform in regards to hate speech on the Mixer end. A ban on Mixer for that should equate to a lifetime ban on Xbox. No questions asked. Fix it.
6) The stance of “We will ban if you report but we don’t recommend it” from Mixer in regards to underage mentions in an 18+ stream should be reversed. A child should never be placed into an adult stream that may contain nudity or gratiuitous violence in a video game. That is why games are rated M. It is not my fault that parents buy their 13 y/o child GTA:V but I should have the backing of a ban when a user says they are 14 in an 18+ stream. End of discussion. That is reason for 18+.
7) If you choose to not support that idea, support this one. Make a 21+ rating. Anyone under the age of 21 can’t be in there and it is a ban offense if you are. Then you can alienate that stream rating like Mixer is currently doing to 18+. Dash slots will then get the privilege of being 18+ legitamately and the Teen/FF/18+ will be on level ground.NashtyGamer commented
I can further add to these statements and suggest that we stop adding features until we can support the ones that are already there. As an 18+ streamer, I have a problem with how the community is structured in regards to the platform based on the other statements listed here.
I also have a problem woth giving out free subs and pro like Mixer is currently doing to stave off criticism and make peace with the streamers/viewers who are having to suffer through failed streams or no chat. This leads to negative gains and motivation. It also occurs far to often. I can’t wait for the site to crash during E3. It will happen. It happens during every event because the stability of the site cannot contain it. Then we will get smoke and mirrors and more free subs/mixer pro.
Overall I am not pleased that to get partnership on the platform, you either have to buy your viewers with giveaways and stream on teen/FF or you have to play Fortnite and PUBG 24/7 while prostituting “playing with viewers”...is not feasible for a variety RPG streamer like myself.
Those games and the “sellout nature” of how things are panning out are all unfair to the 18+ variety community that used to flourish on Beam.
While it exists and it is what it is, I have no moral qualms proving that this exists and it is a direct line to partnership. This should be addressed on the Mixer side as well. It shouldn’t be complicated to fix, it just takes someone with a booming voice who isn’t doing these things... which is either non-existent or isn’t sinking in when you are looking at the data.