Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring Honesty & Transparency to the Partnership Process

No this is not a rant about being denied Partnership for the 4th time, it is a request that Honesty and Transparency be brought to the Partnership Program, this request is based on FACTS, and publicly available analytics.

1) My first partnership application I meet all CCU requirements, but was denied for "not having graphics in my profile" Which is not even a published requirement, and BTW I did have graphics.

2) My second and third applications were denied for not meeting the minimum CCU requirements, and in both denials a specific CCU was quoted as what was needed, and…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xbox users use Xbox Avatar rather than Default Blue Robot

I, and many other people, feel as though new users to the platform that have created their accounts through their Xbox Live accounts, should be defaulted with their Xbox avatar instead of having the default Blue Robot avatar.

For one, this will make many chats simply look better.

Secondly, it will greatly diminish the use of the term 'blueberry' which has become a demeaning term.

398 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. gifted subs

Mixer should bring the option Twitch has for gifted subs where there's an offer to gift multiple subs. a scenario - i want to gift 20 subs, so it gifts 20 people subs with a higher level of 30 then if there's no one above the level of 30 then it drops down to level 20. I gift a lot of subs and I have to do them one by one and its a long process.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search

Mixer NEEDS a better search function. Here's the idea:

Familiarity is key here, so I'm recommending making a search function that is similar to Twitter, Instagram, and even Twitch, by using the "#" function.

Allow ALL streamers to input their own, or predetermined drop down lists, of options that best describe their stream.

Ex. Billy wants to watch RPG games but with a streamer who is chill
    So he types "RPG, chill"

It shows results of those streamers who added "RPG" and "Chill" on their account.

This idea works for not just the viewer, but also for Developers, and Industry…

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. i believe when you ban someone from your channel there should be a thing where you can stop them following and unfollowing

i believe when you ban someone from your channel there should be a thing where you can stop them following and unfollowing because people can be ban but they can still follow and unfollow to continue harassing the streamer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove the 3 month period between Partnership applications

As it stands, Mixer currently have a 3 month waiting period in between Partnership applications if you fail in your application. This is an extremely long time. In Mixer's very own letters sent when you fail in your application they say:

"When analyzing channels for Partnership, we take several factors into consideration including average CCU and Viewing Hours over a 4-week period. As the Partnership program grows, we gradually adjust the minimum size required for acceptance depending on the content type and the popularity of that content at the time of application. This results in a fluctuating set of target…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unused accounts usernames

Please do something about unused accounts with desirable usernames. Mixer is literally throwing money away by allowing these names to go unused.
    Something like removing any accounts that haven't logged on in a year might work.

Or perhaps a simple revision of the very old Name Release Policy would work :
    https://watchbeam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000920223-Name-Release-Policy
    The current policy is very restrictive as many unused, desirable names on Mixer have been claimed on Twitch, Twitter and Youtube since well before BEAM was even a concept...making it impossible to meet the policies requirements.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Name Release Policy Issue.

Hello guys, recently spoke with support about trying to change my channel name but has been taken by an account that is inactive for 4 years, with 1 follow, being lvl 1. Now i understand the Name release policy, but i feel that requiring 10k+ on twitter, twitch, or youtube is just a bit.. Considering i put my heart into the platform, i've been here for almost a year with 7k follows, and even if i become partnered, i still don't have a right to claim an inactive accounts name for my brand. I have to tolerate a '-' at…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop displaying 24/7 farming streams on the top stream section of the home page

Loading my mobile app up last night on the homepage I noticed a lot of 24/7 streams, sone music/radio, others forza influence farms and others spark farms.

There was a total of 17 24/7 streams out of 30 slots available (Mixer App).

Shouldn't actual content be displayed here rather than streams used only for farming or botting.

When I notice my favourite streamers aren't online I typically check out top streams. Seeing a lot of 24/7 streams here which are always AFK puts me off the search for a new creator to watch and I end up not watching Mixer…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it to where Xbox players can give embers less than 50

Make it to where Xbox players can get the command to give embers less than 50 or make more things that are less than 50

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Embers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Preview emote & Sticker Page for [Mixer Artist] *Not Partnered*

As a commissions artist in the community, I would love to have the ability to preview work done and make sure it's up to scale & size. I believe Helping non-partnered artists have the ability to know what they're working with and how their work will end up looking in a chat will be a benefit for all and the quality of the website its self.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sparks & Non-Partners / Raid & Host idea!

In light of the new Mixer season 2 ive noticed non-partners feeling out of the loop with benefits of sparks being used in their channel. Ive got a great idea to alleviate that issue and also a cool raid/host idea!

Most non-partners warn their viewers telling them not to use their sparks in their channel as it is of no benefit to anyone and they simply disappear once they are used. That being said, to bring the value of getting sparks used in non-partners channels instead if evaporating into the abyss they should be deposited into the streamers own spark…

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Rallies

The idea I have is to add a new rally to the skills board, what I suggest is adding a Wack A Mole style rally. This would be a different,highly fun and a new skill people could take part in. This mode would work by players hitting the mole at the same time with colourful hammers and it will say how many people have hit the mole, the mode will end when no one hits the mole. The more hits you register the less time the mole will be visible making it harder to register hits as you progress.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Being able to record game chat

We need to be able to record game chat in are streams, it's a vital feature, you don't need a capture card on twitch to do it so my do we need one on mixer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New User (Deter New User Trolls)

We all know that it is far too easy to create a new name and go into a channel to talk. What I am suggesting is a New User Review portal. This will make it so that new users will have to go through stages to be able to chat. Each stage will unlock abilities to participate in the community.

Examples would be, to stream..you go through the streaming course (which we have). To chat, you must complete a chat etiquette video that can't be fast forwarded. I know there are people who use the chat level function for new…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Appeal for Partnership

Hi Mixer,

My Streaming name is DannyZooko86 and I applied for partner 5 days ago. I was informed I did not have enough viewers in my channel at the time of review and that I should be leading the top of the catagory.

Now I am a Paladins Streamer, I dont know if you have noticed but out of the top 8 streams no 1 is the paladins channel and then the next 5 - 6 are 24/7 farming stream in which combined have over 1100 viewers sitting in the channels talking about f2f and I even saw someone put…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mod View would be a great tool for channel mods

Us mods could greatly benefit from having a widget or "Mod View" a place that can show us recent actions other mods or the owner has made, tracking if a person has already/how many times they have been timed out, how many messages a person has posted, etc. Twitch put something like this out a couple months ago and it's very useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add mixer rewards directly on Mixer site

Add a "redeem with MS reward points" directly on the mixer site so people don't have to switch sites to do it. Every option should be a simple as possible to do and one way to make it simple is too have the redeem option directly into the subscribe button of the mixer site.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatic Raid Protection (Auto Enable / Disable Slow chat)

We all love raids on Mixer, they are fun for both the one who is raiding, but also the one being raided.

Sadly, sometimes people tend to go overboard and does not know when to stop the spam. There's always that ONE guy, who just keeps spamming for additional 30 seconds after everyone else has stopped.

So I've come up with this idea:

Add a Raid Protection Feature, I'll try and list it in an easy to read way how I imagine it working.

1. Streamer does NOT have slow chat on

2. Streaming gets raided by another channel

3. People spam for…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keeping old mixer app for Xbox

New user interface is clean and gives viewers more of the streaming screen for viewing pleasure, however the new version makes it more difficult to host (as 3 dots are now missing), purchase games from streamer (as banner is no longer available anywhere on screen), access to see a pink reminder of when subs are expected to expire. All these things made the older version (which is subject to disappear soon) great and user friendly. The new version looks clean but for many viewers who do watch from console it could be frustrating to navigate if they do not have…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base