Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Free mixer sub with Xbox gold or game pass

Twitch has amazon prime subs.

Why can't mixer have Xbox live or specially a game pass membership where you one free sub a month to use or gift?

681 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When we announced the Microsoft acquisition, we mentioned how excited we were about the possibility of integration like this. Of course, implementing this idea will require significant thought and planning. If we were to do something like this, we’d make sure to take the time to get it right.

With that said, we don’t have any specific news to share but wanted to mention that we are open to the idea and will continue to explore.

2. Xbox Game Bar

I'm gonna miss streaming with a tap of my finger with Xbox game bar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Universal Search Bar

Mixer needs of a "Universal Search bar" or "Unified Search".
    As an active user here on Mixer I always struggle to find something I am actually looking for, let's say I want to find someone who is doing "Speedruns" or "Playing with viewers". There's no option to search for a specific subject, tag or title. All these things 100% needed in a streaming platform, and I don't know why Mixer hasn't added this yet. This will help smaller people get recognized because you can find their streams easier, and more people would use mixer overall. So please Mixer staff, add…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Retroactive Payout for Sparks for New Partners

The new Season 2 update allows for Mixer partners to be payed out for sparks spent on Skills and MixPlay on their channels, essentially turning sparks into a real money currency.

As a non partnered streamer on Mixer who focuses heavily on my MixPlay board, I now feel guilty about having my buttons cost sparks since it will essentially be like throwing money away.

There should be a feature where starting from the launch of Season 2, any sparks spent on non partnered streams are "banked" and if/when the streamer gets partnered, they would receive a payout based on how…

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can we get Playback speed option on past vods?

would be nice to adjust vods speed i like to watch at 1.5

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mixer Affiliate / Partner

The current Partner requirements are fantastic. It's something to work for. 2,000 followers is easily obtainable if you're willing to put in the work.

I think personally having Mixer Affiliate program would also benefit Mixer as more people may come to the platform.

Here is what I'd like to see the Affiliate program requirements at;
    2 months old account
    500 or 1000 followers
    7 unique days per month
    15 hours per month

Being monetized shouldn't be handed out easily. You have to put in work. I know a lot of people are going to say otherwise but why should Mixer…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. search bar for Save the world Fortnite

i believe a search or tag bar for Save the world Fortnite is needed as no one can search for any streamers. Please make this happen so we can get our content out therer

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. android tv app

You need to make an Android TV app ASAP :-)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New User Interface - Please Bring Back The Old One

I was watching a stream & all of a sudden I noticed the UI changed ( it no longer says what level I am nor shows me how many sparks I have up top, without clicking my profile pic which is a pain ), not sure why it was changed as it's not like there's not enough space on the top line, I do NOT like this at all, part of the fun was to look up & see how many sparks I had & or if I was to use sparks I'd know how many I had ( without…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Timeline For Clips

I am suggesting a timeline which shows clips from channels a user follows or mixer wants to recommend right on his or her channel page. currently there is no way to watch clips of channels we follow unless we manually visit channel and because of that viewers are unaware of new clips created.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow PS4 & Switch streaming via xbox hmdi in

If you don't have a stream PC the only gaming device you can stream to Mixer is your Xbox One. Which leads many to believe that Mixer is an Xbox only platform. This is simply not true and to combat these problems I have a very novel solution. While this topic has been discussed in some measure here on feedback this particular solution hasn't been brought up as far as I can tell.

While the Mixer streaming app on Xbox is AMAZING it currently isn't offered for the PS4 or Switch. Instead of developing an app for these devices which…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Partnership Requests

When applications are declined the streamer is sent a generic email. Even when they apply 2-3 times they still receive the same generic declined email. The only way the streamer can improve is if they get personalised feedback. Surely after all their hard work to meet requirements they deserve a personalised email. Especially once they have applied 2 or 3 times. I also think they should take supporting emails from followers into account. Some communities are unique but very loyal - exactly what an advertiser is looking for.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Backgrounds for Mixplays

Hello. I enjoy making mixplays and helping others make them and the one thing they need is BACKGROUNDS. For example raining burgers or animated tentacles etc. could be an awesome addition.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hello everyone, I think that lightstream mixer studio should be free for everyone and not just mixer pro members or people with partnerships

Hello everyone, I think that lightstream mixer studio should be free for everyone and not just mixer pro members or people with partnerships, it isn't fair because most people don't have a partnership or have mixer pro. I think it would make stronger communities and more people would stream. Also smaller steamers like me would be able to make higher quality streams.

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. CHAT ONLY SPARKS

Hello, I just want to make a simple suggestion.

The idea of sparks seems to me very good but it saturates the chat a lot and makes everything go with a lot of lag. I do not suggest that you remove it but it would be good if you put a separate chat like the double chat of when the channel you are watching hosts someone. I do not know if I explain it but the idea is to be that, to do as a chat for sparks or some way that does not cause the direct to work badly.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Streams Continue to Play in the Background on Mobile Devices

I know there have been posts about this in the past, one of which was marked as "Planned" in 2018, but I would like to see the addition of a backgrounding option for iOS and Android devices. It is almost inevitable that while watching streams on mobile devices, one receives texts, emails, etc. When replying to the majority of those alerts, one usually has to back out of the app thus pausing the stream and audio. I would like to see an option to toggle the ability to continue to run stream audio in the background of a device, even…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Melhorias para o CLIP e CLIP VOD

Uma função que deixa muito a desejar é o CLIP. Quando criamos e abrimos o link, o clipe é mostrado por uma modal sobre a livestream. Isso prejudica muito a experiência do usuário, principalmente porque a live fica "duplicada" (aba principal da live aberta e outra aba com o clipe e a live de fundo), consumindo banda de internet em dobro. Assim, quem enfrenta certas dificuldades em assistir as lives por conta de travamentos, video totalmente preto, dessincronização, dificuldades com as qualidades do vídeo, etc, fica mais prejudicado ainda com esse sistema de abrir o clipe sobre a interface da…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to mark VOD sections as "watched"

This kinda goes in line with the "remember last position" when closing a VOD - but extended.

It would be need if we could mark sections of VODs as seen, so when we're scrubbing through VODs we don't need to "guess" what we've watched and try to remember. Sometimes you want to skip certain content in a VOD to get to a certain game or maybe a tournament or event, but later you want to go back and watch what you skipped, but don't want to search for the right timestamp.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New category for Virtual Streamers

Hello! My name is Ellie, a virtual streamer.
    If you are wondering what is virtual streamer, please read http://japantrend.tv/index.php/2018/07/22/whats-is-vtuber-virtual-youtuber-2/
    In Japan, people call us Vtuber, it is because most Japanese virtual Streamer stream on Youtube, so Vtuber stands for Virtual Youtuber.
    I hope we can add “Virtual Streamer” as category on mixer, there are some Chinese streaming platform already done it, such as the famous bilibili.
    Giving a separated category for us virtual streamers, will really help our channel grow and help new people learn about us.(which Twitch have not done this yet👀)
    Virtual streamers market is also growing fast…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. New Rally Idea - Tug of War

Since people are growing tired of the beach ball, I thought maybe be a tug of war option would be fun. Users would be randomly assigned a team (so not everyone chooses the same team), and through either clicking a lot or dropping sparks, the winner of the war is decided.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base