Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DO NOT REMOVE XBOX APP

The current way of viewing Mixer is the way it should remain. Please do not, I repeat DO NOT remove the Mixer app! I respect trying to integrate it into the dashboard however it is way too clunky.

Everything i have ever praised about Mixer, all of the reasons that make it better than the rest, gets stripped away without the app. It is slow loading, opposite of smooth. It feels like pulling teeth trying to use the new hub for mixer. I understand it is new and in time im sure it will improve. However i feel like this…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Mixer experience on Xbox - Dashboard vs Mixer App

When opening the Mixer App over the past couple of weeks I’ve been getting a message saying the experience will be changing and the App discontinued. The gave the new experience a go and there are multiple issues with missing functionality, some minor UI mistakes, differing UX journey’s compared to similar functions located on the Xbox dashboard and an overall poor User Experience that doesn’t feel ready to replace the Mixer App.
    Doing some comparisons between the Xbox App and the Mixer tab on the Xbox dashboard, the following highlights missing functionality or minor differences on the Xbox dashboard

Missing…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. (New) Partnership Requirement "You Must Be At least the age majority for region or territory"

Hello Mixer and community, I was a little upset with the new Mixer requirement that got released. I have been streaming for almost 2 years and with 11,800 follows and really wanted to be part of the Mixer Partnership Program. So, the new requirement is saying I have to be eight-teen and that will take 5 more years until I can be a partner. Also, I am upset since I feel like I am missing out on all the new things and just not special or good to be a broadcaster. It also took Mixer 17 days for a response…

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BTTV/FFZ support, better whispering system and slow chat timers.

I've been checking out Mixer a bit after watching Ninja's stream. One of the first things I noticed is how the whispering system and the emote situation could be improved. For whispering, it's basically impossible in popular channels (like Ninja's for example) you'll miss your whisper. Twitchs implementation of whispers is awesome, something like that would be very nice to see.

As for emotes, in my opinion Mixer's emotes are really boring and the lack of Better Twitch TV / Franker Face Z emotes is a massive blow. BTTV/FFZ emotes are a massive part of Twitch Chat (I know this…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Ember Pricing Scheme Thoughts (with math)

With the new changes to the crystal, plus the costs of embers there are plenty of people upset with the changes. I set out to try to figure out how can we do this so that between the crystal, the actual costs per ember for the purchaser we find a middle ground that helps the viewers, streamers, and platform.

I used comparisons with bits costs (our one comparable analog) and then colorized based on more expensive than twitch and less expensive than twitch. I feel as if I have found a good medium. I also share some thoughts on direct…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ad Volume to match stream volume.

When loading into a stream, the Ad plays at full volume. This is a massive issue for users like myself that keep stream volumes at 15-20% for comfort. Getting my ears blown out by a full volume Ad is more likely to just have me close the site and go watch elsewhere, than to pay for anything.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Emotes

They’re already further behind on emotes than they should be. Before they get someone like Ninja over, they should have had many more emotes available, make them easy to type (not have a colon in front) and already reach out to FFZ and BTTV to integrate all their third party emotes into Mixer so that when people come over for the first time, it is instantly familiar. It would go a long way, and the fact that they didn’t add more of their own emotes and make it similar to Twitch when it’s so simple makes me question how likely…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keeping old mixer app for Xbox

New user interface is clean and gives viewers more of the streaming screen for viewing pleasure, however the new version makes it more difficult to host (as 3 dots are now missing), purchase games from streamer (as banner is no longer available anywhere on screen), access to see a pink reminder of when subs are expected to expire. All these things made the older version (which is subject to disappear soon) great and user friendly. The new version looks clean but for many viewers who do watch from console it could be frustrating to navigate if they do not have…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop displaying 24/7 farming streams on the top stream section of the home page

Loading my mobile app up last night on the homepage I noticed a lot of 24/7 streams, sone music/radio, others forza influence farms and others spark farms.

There was a total of 17 24/7 streams out of 30 slots available (Mixer App).

Shouldn't actual content be displayed here rather than streams used only for farming or botting.

When I notice my favourite streamers aren't online I typically check out top streams. Seeing a lot of 24/7 streams here which are always AFK puts me off the search for a new creator to watch and I end up not watching Mixer…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Xbox mixer app removal a bad idea!

As an avid mixer viewer I find I have to air my opinion, removal of this app could be one of the worse moves ever. not going to go through the pros and cons because I think the other comments below cover these fully but sacrificing the app just to promote the dashboard version is an horrendous idea, the amount of functions that will go missing that the everyday person uses will force people away from the xbox on to pc which can never be a good idea. just my personal opinion but as all the other posts suggest I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. All streamers can earn money from sparks

Right now only partner streamers can earn actual money from people using sparks on their channel. This is not fair for people just starting out. Beginner streamers should have the ability to have smaller tiers to reach of sparks that people use on their channel so they can get small amounts of money.

I would feel so fulfilled if I earned even $1 for streaming for a month, but I can't until I get 2000 followers. Let me start off small with small amounts of monetary reward so I have motivation to work my way up and get paid more…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Promotion idea for loyal subscribers

Hello. I am Mithrantir and I am a subscriber for 34 months in a row. Today Clopoyaur showed as a new promotion by mixer for new subscribers. This is a good idea, however, as a subscriber in a channel for almost 3 years I would expect to see a promotion or a small gift for loyal subscribers of Mixer. Rewarding or giving incentives to loyal subscribers is as important as bringing new subscribers. It doesn't have to be anything big but is more of the recognition of the loyalty.

This is my suggestion.

Kind regards,
    Mithrantir

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Background stream audio when you exit the app

Dear mixer

For iOS and Android mixer does not have backgrounding ability. backgrounding is when you leave the app the audio still plays in the background just like on TWITCH and also when using the music app. Currently when youre watching a stream and you press home, the audio stops. This should not happen and instead the audio should keep playing in the background. Please implement this change.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Türk yayıncılar için iletişim için Türk destek elemanı istiyoruz.

Türk yayıncılar son zamanlarda artmaya başladı, oluşan problemler için direk bizimle iletişim halinde olabilecek Türk destek elemanı istiyoruz.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. IOS APP NEEDS BACKGROUND AUDIO FEATURE

IOS APP NEEDS BACKGROUND AUDIO FEATURE

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chromecast optimization

I've recently watched more on your website because of your acquisitions, which is nice. I watch alot over chromecast tho. And any stream i try to watch i get constent stutters. It's unwatchable with basicly every stream.

Twitch had the same issue, The resolving issue was that your allowed to set the quality from Automatic to 1080p. Because the chromecast can't really "comprehend" deciding between different video qualities, which would just result in endless lag. In your app, the ability to decide video quality is removed when you cast from a mobile device.

I would really hope you can resolve…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. audio only backgrounding

I’ve added this to this forum multiple times over the past 2 years but I think it’s important to try again since mixer is picking up large casters these days.

Mobile App NEEDS audio only backgrounding. A huge selection of viewers on these platforms “work and lurk.”

For those who don’t know, currently we have an option for audio only but the second you lock your phone screen to save battery, it cuts off the App. This just seems like such an easy thing to adjust however I’m not a program designer so maybe not, but it needs to happen.…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hypezone for Modern Warfare

I would like to see a hypezone for the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare dropping tonight! I think many will be playing this game, therefore making it a great game to have hypezone.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mixer Poker Cover Art

I am a streamer coming from Twitch and starting my venture on Mixer very shortly. I think the first thing Mixer Poker needs to grow into the niche Twitch Poker successfully did is have some cover art for the Poker Genre under the Games tab. I have created a couple of ideas for this cover art and I hope Mixer staff can make take the necessary steps to make these changes happen. Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dashboard app on xbox

I find this app very confusing. There is no host button. I do not like how the channel is full screen and chat disappears. If chat is active it rolls over content or streamers face. Please do not get rid of mixer app for Xbox. App also freezes lags and the only option to refresh is through restarting Xbox.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base