Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Non-Partners Program

How about a motivational program for Non Mixer Partners?

• Special Badge For Followers, same as like the subscribers get when the sub to any channel. However, Mixer partners would be able to provide 2 badges (Sub Badge + Followers Badge)

• After 2K followers milestone, allow non-partners to add 2 of their most favorite emojis they have planned for the followers, this would encourage streamers + this would create another potential for followers to use their emojis on other channels, maybe someone likes it and they drop you a follow for that.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search

Mixer NEEDS a better search function. Here's the idea:

Familiarity is key here, so I'm recommending making a search function that is similar to Twitter, Instagram, and even Twitch, by using the "#" function.

Allow ALL streamers to input their own, or predetermined drop down lists, of options that best describe their stream.

Ex. Billy wants to watch RPG games but with a streamer who is chill
    So he types "RPG, chill"

It shows results of those streamers who added "RPG" and "Chill" on their account.

This idea works for not just the viewer, but also for Developers, and Industry…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop displaying 24/7 farming streams on the top stream section of the home page

Loading my mobile app up last night on the homepage I noticed a lot of 24/7 streams, sone music/radio, others forza influence farms and others spark farms.

There was a total of 17 24/7 streams out of 30 slots available (Mixer App).

Shouldn't actual content be displayed here rather than streams used only for farming or botting.

When I notice my favourite streamers aren't online I typically check out top streams. Seeing a lot of 24/7 streams here which are always AFK puts me off the search for a new creator to watch and I end up not watching Mixer…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keeping old mixer app for Xbox

New user interface is clean and gives viewers more of the streaming screen for viewing pleasure, however the new version makes it more difficult to host (as 3 dots are now missing), purchase games from streamer (as banner is no longer available anywhere on screen), access to see a pink reminder of when subs are expected to expire. All these things made the older version (which is subject to disappear soon) great and user friendly. The new version looks clean but for many viewers who do watch from console it could be frustrating to navigate if they do not have…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Combine Art and Creative Sections

The art and creative sections should be combined into just one so that we can all be in the same place for higher visibility. Chopping these sections up into two smaller ones makes it ineffective.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Xbox mixer app removal a bad idea!

As an avid mixer viewer I find I have to air my opinion, removal of this app could be one of the worse moves ever. not going to go through the pros and cons because I think the other comments below cover these fully but sacrificing the app just to promote the dashboard version is an horrendous idea, the amount of functions that will go missing that the everyday person uses will force people away from the xbox on to pc which can never be a good idea. just my personal opinion but as all the other posts suggest I…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Music streams

Is it possible to remove music streams from the starting area? New streamers have no chance of being discovered, as the music streams block the homepage

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Name Release Policy Issue.

Hello guys, recently spoke with support about trying to change my channel name but has been taken by an account that is inactive for 4 years, with 1 follow, being lvl 1. Now i understand the Name release policy, but i feel that requiring 10k+ on twitter, twitch, or youtube is just a bit.. Considering i put my heart into the platform, i've been here for almost a year with 7k follows, and even if i become partnered, i still don't have a right to claim an inactive accounts name for my brand. I have to tolerate a '-' at…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New Mixer experience on Xbox - Dashboard vs Mixer App

When opening the Mixer App over the past couple of weeks I’ve been getting a message saying the experience will be changing and the App discontinued. The gave the new experience a go and there are multiple issues with missing functionality, some minor UI mistakes, differing UX journey’s compared to similar functions located on the Xbox dashboard and an overall poor User Experience that doesn’t feel ready to replace the Mixer App.
    Doing some comparisons between the Xbox App and the Mixer tab on the Xbox dashboard, the following highlights missing functionality or minor differences on the Xbox dashboard

Missing…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No more windows 10 bar? No more Mixer

The only reason I use Mixer is bc of the extremely low latency I got when broadcasting it via the Windows 10 game bar, which made it perfect for social streaming. Just got the email today saying they’re phasing it out, and I’ll need to use XSplit or OBS, and be plagued by latency and finicky middleware whenever I want to broadcast a game to my friends. Oh, but I CAN still use the game bar for “screen capture and sharing, controlling your music and audio settings, finding new teammates with Looking for Group (LFG), and chatting with Xbox friends…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Interactive Overlays for Escape from Tarkov

Interactive Overlays for Escape from Tarkov
    Give the viewers a button to press that will pull out our current load out and allow them to hover over items to see what we are using. Also, you could implement a "loot drop" system for kills that we get, rewarding viewers for watching.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Follow Notification Improvements

Currently, the ownership being placed on the viewer to find and turn off notifications for a newly followed channel leads to soft follows. What I mean by this is a user enjoys the new stream enough to give a follow, a day or so later they have a bunch of notifications about "gone live" streams and then do a follow purge to cut down on the flood of notifications.

Suggest defaulting channel notifications to off with a pop-up toggle when the user hits follow to enable or not with a brief description about the feature. Could also add a brief…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please re add broadcasting to game bar

It is much more convenient to be able to control all gaming settings from one place

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ad Volume to match stream volume.

When loading into a stream, the Ad plays at full volume. This is a massive issue for users like myself that keep stream volumes at 15-20% for comfort. Getting my ears blown out by a full volume Ad is more likely to just have me close the site and go watch elsewhere, than to pay for anything.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dashboard app on xbox

I find this app very confusing. There is no host button. I do not like how the channel is full screen and chat disappears. If chat is active it rolls over content or streamers face. Please do not get rid of mixer app for Xbox. App also freezes lags and the only option to refresh is through restarting Xbox.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. (New) Partnership Requirement "You Must Be At least the age majority for region or territory"

Hello Mixer and community, I was a little upset with the new Mixer requirement that got released. I have been streaming for almost 2 years and with 11,800 follows and really wanted to be part of the Mixer Partnership Program. So, the new requirement is saying I have to be eight-teen and that will take 5 more years until I can be a partner. Also, I am upset since I feel like I am missing out on all the new things and just not special or good to be a broadcaster. It also took Mixer 17 days for a response…

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hypezone for Modern Warfare

I would like to see a hypezone for the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare dropping tonight! I think many will be playing this game, therefore making it a great game to have hypezone.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mixer Affiliate / Partner

The current Partner requirements are fantastic. It's something to work for. 2,000 followers is easily obtainable if you're willing to put in the work.

I think personally having Mixer Affiliate program would also benefit Mixer as more people may come to the platform.

Here is what I'd like to see the Affiliate program requirements at;
    2 months old account
    500 or 1000 followers
    7 unique days per month
    15 hours per month

Being monetized shouldn't be handed out easily. You have to put in work. I know a lot of people are going to say otherwise but why should Mixer…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BTTV/FFZ support, better whispering system and slow chat timers.

I've been checking out Mixer a bit after watching Ninja's stream. One of the first things I noticed is how the whispering system and the emote situation could be improved. For whispering, it's basically impossible in popular channels (like Ninja's for example) you'll miss your whisper. Twitchs implementation of whispers is awesome, something like that would be very nice to see.

As for emotes, in my opinion Mixer's emotes are really boring and the lack of Better Twitch TV / Franker Face Z emotes is a massive blow. BTTV/FFZ emotes are a massive part of Twitch Chat (I know this…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. All streamers can earn money from sparks

Right now only partner streamers can earn actual money from people using sparks on their channel. This is not fair for people just starting out. Beginner streamers should have the ability to have smaller tiers to reach of sparks that people use on their channel so they can get small amounts of money.

I would feel so fulfilled if I earned even $1 for streaming for a month, but I can't until I get 2000 followers. Let me start off small with small amounts of monetary reward so I have motivation to work my way up and get paid more…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base