Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Consistent Renew button experience

Currently, there are two different experiences for Subscribing to a partner (at least on PC).

Subscribe - Appears when user is subbing for the first time, or if their subscription runs out.

Renew - Appears when user's subscription is almost expired (up to 0 days remaining).

Currently, the Subscribe experience works well by giving users different methods of payment (PayPal, Credit Card, Gift Code).

But, the Renew experience is jarring. It opens a modal that only allows the user to resub through the Microsoft store. Not only that, when the user tries to look for other methods to resub by…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please Rethink the UX Design fo

Please Rethink the UX Design for the Xbox App. Overlaying chat ontop of a creators content is never the correct answer. You obscure what the creator wants to show their audience. I'm not sure why someone decided the worst part of Facebook Live Video was the answer to the new UX for the Xbox App but they were incorrect.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. DO NOT REMOVE XBOX APP

The current way of viewing Mixer is the way it should remain. Please do not, I repeat DO NOT remove the Mixer app! I respect trying to integrate it into the dashboard however it is way too clunky.

Everything i have ever praised about Mixer, all of the reasons that make it better than the rest, gets stripped away without the app. It is slow loading, opposite of smooth. It feels like pulling teeth trying to use the new hub for mixer. I understand it is new and in time im sure it will improve. However i feel like this…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Disable all notifications for channel if you stop following it.

This might be a short-lived bug, but I recently discovered that I was getting web notifications for a channel which I no longer follow. I decided that I no longer wanted to follow a channel, however, every time they go Live I get a web notification about it.

This is problematic because with the current, paginated Notifications Settings page, you can only view the channels you're currently following, with no option to search for the channel's name (as you have to click-through a potentially loooooong list of pages for names to find it, which it will not exist within).

If…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to autohost mixer teams.

The new autohost is amazing. The only thing is I wish I could add a stream team as well as individuals.

As members add and possibly removed the list is already updated without doing it manually.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring Honesty & Transparency to the Partnership Process

No this is not a rant about being denied Partnership for the 4th time, it is a request that Honesty and Transparency be brought to the Partnership Program, this request is based on FACTS, and publicly available analytics.

1) My first partnership application I meet all CCU requirements, but was denied for "not having graphics in my profile" Which is not even a published requirement, and BTW I did have graphics.

2) My second and third applications were denied for not meeting the minimum CCU requirements, and in both denials a specific CCU was quoted as what was needed, and…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mixer xbox dashboard Add full list games

I have been looking trought the top and all game lists on the dashboard tab and I dont like the fact that it only goes so far down the list that not everything is shown last game I saw had 17 viewers! When I stream a game sometimes I stream games that no one else does and I have around 2 viewers as minimum at the beginning but how can I gain more if people cannot find me in the game list? So can you guys make sure that the list there has all the games in it like your…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Chat auto scrolling stops after a few seconds

Chat stops auto scrolling after a few seconds (tested on Firefox 70.0, Windows 10), scroll bar stays at the top instead of bottom.
    Disabling smooth scrolling doesn't help.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Xbox users use Xbox Avatar rather than Default Blue Robot

I, and many other people, feel as though new users to the platform that have created their accounts through their Xbox Live accounts, should be defaulted with their Xbox avatar instead of having the default Blue Robot avatar.

For one, this will make many chats simply look better.

Secondly, it will greatly diminish the use of the term 'blueberry' which has become a demeaning term.

383 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rallies

The idea I have is to add a new rally to the skills board, what I suggest is adding a Wack A Mole style rally. This would be a different,highly fun and a new skill people could take part in. This mode would work by players hitting the mole at the same time with colourful hammers and it will say how many people have hit the mole, the mode will end when no one hits the mole. The more hits you register the less time the mole will be visible making it harder to register hits as you progress.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sparks & Non-Partners / Raid & Host idea!

In light of the new Mixer season 2 ive noticed non-partners feeling out of the loop with benefits of sparks being used in their channel. Ive got a great idea to alleviate that issue and also a cool raid/host idea!

Most non-partners warn their viewers telling them not to use their sparks in their channel as it is of no benefit to anyone and they simply disappear once they are used. That being said, to bring the value of getting sparks used in non-partners channels instead if evaporating into the abyss they should be deposited into the streamers own spark…

220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ClipTok

Imagine a section of the mobile app designed as a clip directory system for Mixer that is similar to social media but geared towards gaming/irl content from the partners. Basically, a comparable TikTok algorithm but from clips Partners post and only found on Mixer. This would create a (as one of the engineers put it) "snackable" style of content, promoting channels and spreading popular content amongst the community. People could scroll through 15-60 second long clips, like and share just like they would watch people dance and lip sync on TikTok. That would focus our content on the right audience…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic Raid Protection (Auto Enable / Disable Slow chat)

We all love raids on Mixer, they are fun for both the one who is raiding, but also the one being raided.

Sadly, sometimes people tend to go overboard and does not know when to stop the spam. There's always that ONE guy, who just keeps spamming for additional 30 seconds after everyone else has stopped.

So I've come up with this idea:

Add a Raid Protection Feature, I'll try and list it in an easy to read way how I imagine it working.

1. Streamer does NOT have slow chat on

2. Streaming gets raided by another channel

3. People spam for…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Search

Mixer NEEDS a better search function. Here's the idea:

Familiarity is key here, so I'm recommending making a search function that is similar to Twitter, Instagram, and even Twitch, by using the "#" function.

Allow ALL streamers to input their own, or predetermined drop down lists, of options that best describe their stream.

Ex. Billy wants to watch RPG games but with a streamer who is chill
    So he types "RPG, chill"

It shows results of those streamers who added "RPG" and "Chill" on their account.

This idea works for not just the viewer, but also for Developers, and Industry…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Subscribing to streamers through the Mixer app

People are lazy. I’m no exception. If i have to log onto my computer to subscribe then most likely i’ll only do it if i remember while on my computer.

I watch on TV using Google Chromecast via my phone. You need to have an option to subscribe to streamers using the app (you already allow donations by clicking a button) or via a mobile browser.

I don’t watch streams from my computer so it is inconvenient for me.

I imagine other people are lazy so unless you make it easy to subscribe it will amount to lost revenue for…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keeping old mixer app for Xbox

New user interface is clean and gives viewers more of the streaming screen for viewing pleasure, however the new version makes it more difficult to host (as 3 dots are now missing), purchase games from streamer (as banner is no longer available anywhere on screen), access to see a pink reminder of when subs are expected to expire. All these things made the older version (which is subject to disappear soon) great and user friendly. The new version looks clean but for many viewers who do watch from console it could be frustrating to navigate if they do not have…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clean Up the Mixer Feedback Portal's Backlog

I've been looking around the Mixer Feedback Portal and it seems like there has been some features requested over the years here in the Portal which have since been released in production. It might be a good idea to comb through the Feedback Portal's backlog and remove submissions which have been addressed already, with the goal of reducing the overall noise happening within the portal.

Theres a large amount of feedback across many various topics, and I don't want to go through all of them, but generally speaking the Feedback portal has a feeling of "needing to be decluttered" that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring back the Up and Coming Page

Hello Mixer Team, my name is Veekay_ I would like to say I like the new Mixer update and how everything is organized on the mixer page. I was just wondering why the up and coming page was removed. I am a small streamer that started of about two months ago and i built myself off of that page now having a little over 200 followers. By you guys removing the Up and Coming page you guys have limited the growth of small streamers that are on the rise. I streamed for about 8 hours since March 17, 2020 and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Appeal for Partnership

Hi Mixer,

My Streaming name is DannyZooko86 and I applied for partner 5 days ago. I was informed I did not have enough viewers in my channel at the time of review and that I should be leading the top of the catagory.

Now I am a Paladins Streamer, I dont know if you have noticed but out of the top 8 streams no 1 is the paladins channel and then the next 5 - 6 are 24/7 farming stream in which combined have over 1100 viewers sitting in the channels talking about f2f and I even saw someone put…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Xbox mixer app removal a bad idea!

As an avid mixer viewer I find I have to air my opinion, removal of this app could be one of the worse moves ever. not going to go through the pros and cons because I think the other comments below cover these fully but sacrificing the app just to promote the dashboard version is an horrendous idea, the amount of functions that will go missing that the everyday person uses will force people away from the xbox on to pc which can never be a good idea. just my personal opinion but as all the other posts suggest I…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base