Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mixer Affiliates

I really enjoy the Mixer Season 2. However I am a LITTLE bummed that nothing new was presented to smaller streamers to hype them up.

I honestly feel the sparks as a form of monetization for smaller streamers as well could potentially be the start of some sort of Mixer Affiliate program.

Yes, I can now use my sparks to support "my favorite content creators" but at least half of my favorites are not even partnered.

We love you Mixer, but don't forget about us little folk trying to work our magic on the platform.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Continuing to watch a stream while leaving the app.

So I recently started watching Mixer due to Ninja switching over from Twitch. I watch on my iPad and I noticed you can’t leave the app while still watching the stream like you’re able to on Twitch.. this would be the only reason I would choose to watch someone on twitch rather than watching Ninja or someone else on Mixer. Hoping you can change it to where if I click my home button while the stream is open then it will still play in a small box at the corner of my screen like on Twitch so I can work…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mixer app on xbox

So I live using the mixer app on the xbox, the mixer dashboard I don't like. It has a long chat delay, i can't host, i can't go back and set chat if i missed something.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gifted subs in multiple

i guys, so I've been gifting subs alot and a load of people have said the same thing around social media and in there stream, about being able to gift more than one sub at a time, it's quite frustrating wlif u wanted to gift say 5 and you have to do it individually. Is this something that can be brought to the teams attention on expanding this, this would be a great idea and I personally think more subs will be gifted, not only will this help streamers out. This will also help mixer it's self

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Background Audio for iOS App

Every time you switch away from the app to text or check Twitter or do anything else on your iPhone, the stream audio stops and does not play in the background. It’s super annoying.

I understand the implications with earning Sparks and all that, but I can’t imagine it’d be that difficult to say you don’t earn sparks with background audio active.

Thanks!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Mixer App/Do not force dashboard use

I am very displeased with the upcoming changes involving the removal of the Xbox Mixer app. I was unable to find the streamer I was looking for the other day without typing out their entire username, which I find to be a complete waste. Today I noticed there is a following button, but this still only appeared to show who was live.

Moving beyond that initial bit, today I also found I was unable to subscribe to someone within the app... This nearly contributed to me not subbing to a streamer. Obviously the button could still be active if it…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Missing a month when subbed to a channel

Everyone takes pride in the fact that they have subbed to a channel for 12 months, 24 months, 36 months even. The streamers are proud and the community is proud! What happens when a viewer runs into hard times? Sometimes life is more important and you have to do what you have to do to keep a roof over your head or your electricity on. You end up having to skip a month to ensure life matters are taken care of. What happens to your sub record? it gets wiped out and you reset back to 1 month! This is…

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mods opting in and out of green status

Mixer could have a feature where mods could choose not to appear green unless opting in. This would give mods an opportunity to just enjoy the stream some days.

Sometimes when you start a stream with a lot of green names in chat it can discourage a casual viewer from being active in chat.

We could have a command such as /modoptout which temporarily takes away the green name until they type /modoptin. All of these commands could be whispered to avoid confusion in chat.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring Honesty & Transparency to the Partnership Process

No this is not a rant about being denied Partnership for the 4th time, it is a request that Honesty and Transparency be brought to the Partnership Program, this request is based on FACTS, and publicly available analytics.

1) My first partnership application I meet all CCU requirements, but was denied for "not having graphics in my profile" Which is not even a published requirement, and BTW I did have graphics.

2) My second and third applications were denied for not meeting the minimum CCU requirements, and in both denials a specific CCU was quoted as what was needed, and…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Xbox App vs Xbox dashboard functionality

on Xbox App i get a notification when starting up that says "This Mixer app is going away soon" so i use this app because it has more option to monitor my profile or stats. this app allows you to see what level you are, how many sparks or embers you have, better chat interface with ability to go full screen without chat.. also allowing you to see previous chat that happened before joining a channel.. the XBOX version built into the system HAS NONE OF THIS FUNCTIONALITY!!!! WHY would you get rid of the app when the Xbox is…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please Rethink the UX Design fo

Please Rethink the UX Design for the Xbox App. Overlaying chat ontop of a creators content is never the correct answer. You obscure what the creator wants to show their audience. I'm not sure why someone decided the worst part of Facebook Live Video was the answer to the new UX for the Xbox App but they were incorrect.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Chat auto scrolling stops after a few seconds

Chat stops auto scrolling after a few seconds (tested on Firefox 70.0, Windows 10), scroll bar stays at the top instead of bottom.
    Disabling smooth scrolling doesn't help.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. #FREEWENCH

FREEWENCH - how about work WITH wench and make something amazing out of combining this platform and what she does for our troops rather than suspending her? You have partners allowed to broadcast COPYRIGHT music and movies on your platform, putting you more at risk of legal action being taken then wench, sharing awareness videos that she has written permission to use...

Do the right thing Mixer. This is ridiculous.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Xbox users use Xbox Avatar rather than Default Blue Robot

I, and many other people, feel as though new users to the platform that have created their accounts through their Xbox Live accounts, should be defaulted with their Xbox avatar instead of having the default Blue Robot avatar.

For one, this will make many chats simply look better.

Secondly, it will greatly diminish the use of the term 'blueberry' which has become a demeaning term.

378 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mixer xbox dashboard Add full list games

I have been looking trought the top and all game lists on the dashboard tab and I dont like the fact that it only goes so far down the list that not everything is shown last game I saw had 17 viewers! When I stream a game sometimes I stream games that no one else does and I have around 2 viewers as minimum at the beginning but how can I gain more if people cannot find me in the game list? So can you guys make sure that the list there has all the games in it like your…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sparks & Non-Partners / Raid & Host idea!

In light of the new Mixer season 2 ive noticed non-partners feeling out of the loop with benefits of sparks being used in their channel. Ive got a great idea to alleviate that issue and also a cool raid/host idea!

Most non-partners warn their viewers telling them not to use their sparks in their channel as it is of no benefit to anyone and they simply disappear once they are used. That being said, to bring the value of getting sparks used in non-partners channels instead if evaporating into the abyss they should be deposited into the streamers own spark…

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. DO NOT REMOVE XBOX APP

The current way of viewing Mixer is the way it should remain. Please do not, I repeat DO NOT remove the Mixer app! I respect trying to integrate it into the dashboard however it is way too clunky.

Everything i have ever praised about Mixer, all of the reasons that make it better than the rest, gets stripped away without the app. It is slow loading, opposite of smooth. It feels like pulling teeth trying to use the new hub for mixer. I understand it is new and in time im sure it will improve. However i feel like this…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rallies

The idea I have is to add a new rally to the skills board, what I suggest is adding a Wack A Mole style rally. This would be a different,highly fun and a new skill people could take part in. This mode would work by players hitting the mole at the same time with colourful hammers and it will say how many people have hit the mole, the mode will end when no one hits the mole. The more hits you register the less time the mole will be visible making it harder to register hits as you progress.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. #FREETILTRUTH

TILTRUTH has been suspended, and frankly it's got to be some huge mistake. He is one of the nicest, family friendly streamer you'll meet, respecting and welcoming anyone and everyone that enters his channel. Please remove the suspension and figure out how to prevent people like #TILTRUTH, who genuinely love and respect people; who keep their channel clean and family friendly; from getting suspended when there is no reason to warrant it. He was live and stepped away for a few minutes, and while his viewers were chatting and awaiting his return, his account got suspended. Ludicrous. Please correct this

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Appeal for Partnership

Hi Mixer,

My Streaming name is DannyZooko86 and I applied for partner 5 days ago. I was informed I did not have enough viewers in my channel at the time of review and that I should be leading the top of the catagory.

Now I am a Paladins Streamer, I dont know if you have noticed but out of the top 8 streams no 1 is the paladins channel and then the next 5 - 6 are 24/7 farming stream in which combined have over 1100 viewers sitting in the channels talking about f2f and I even saw someone put…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base