Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring Honesty & Transparency to the Partnership Process

No this is not a rant about being denied Partnership for the 4th time, it is a request that Honesty and Transparency be brought to the Partnership Program, this request is based on FACTS, and publicly available analytics.

1) My first partnership application I meet all CCU requirements, but was denied for "not having graphics in my profile" Which is not even a published requirement, and BTW I did have graphics.

2) My second and third applications were denied for not meeting the minimum CCU requirements, and in both denials a specific CCU was quoted as what was needed, and…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search

Mixer NEEDS a better search function. Here's the idea:

Familiarity is key here, so I'm recommending making a search function that is similar to Twitter, Instagram, and even Twitch, by using the "#" function.

Allow ALL streamers to input their own, or predetermined drop down lists, of options that best describe their stream.

Ex. Billy wants to watch RPG games but with a streamer who is chill
    So he types "RPG, chill"

It shows results of those streamers who added "RPG" and "Chill" on their account.

This idea works for not just the viewer, but also for Developers, and Industry…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mods opting in and out of green status

Mixer could have a feature where mods could choose not to appear green unless opting in. This would give mods an opportunity to just enjoy the stream some days.

Sometimes when you start a stream with a lot of green names in chat it can discourage a casual viewer from being active in chat.

We could have a command such as /modoptout which temporarily takes away the green name until they type /modoptin. All of these commands could be whispered to avoid confusion in chat.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Non-Partners Program

How about a motivational program for Non Mixer Partners?

- Special Badge For Followers, same as like the subscribers get when the sub to any channel. However, Mixer partners would be able to provide 2 badges (Sub Badge + Followers Badge)
    - After 2K followers milestone, allow non-partners to add 2 of their most favorite emojis they have planned for the followers, this would encourage streamers + this would create another potential for followers to use their emojis on other channels, maybe someone likes it and they drop you a follow for that.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Continue Xbox App

Please keep the Xbox app active. It works so much better than the Mixer tab. I also don't know why I can no longer gift subscriptions on the xbox app. I loved being able to gift subscriptions to help support my favorite streamers.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Music streams

Is it possible to remove music streams from the starting area? New streamers have no chance of being discovered, as the music streams block the homepage

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. (New) Partnership Requirement "You Must Be At least the age majority for region or territory"

Hello Mixer and community, I was a little upset with the new Mixer requirement that got released. I have been streaming for almost 2 years and with 11,800 follows and really wanted to be part of the Mixer Partnership Program. So, the new requirement is saying I have to be eight-teen and that will take 5 more years until I can be a partner. Also, I am upset since I feel like I am missing out on all the new things and just not special or good to be a broadcaster. It also took Mixer 17 days for a response…

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Appeal for Partnership

Hi Mixer,

My Streaming name is DannyZooko86 and I applied for partner 5 days ago. I was informed I did not have enough viewers in my channel at the time of review and that I should be leading the top of the catagory.

Now I am a Paladins Streamer, I dont know if you have noticed but out of the top 8 streams no 1 is the paladins channel and then the next 5 - 6 are 24/7 farming stream in which combined have over 1100 viewers sitting in the channels talking about f2f and I even saw someone put…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Name Release Policy Issue.

Hello guys, recently spoke with support about trying to change my channel name but has been taken by an account that is inactive for 4 years, with 1 follow, being lvl 1. Now i understand the Name release policy, but i feel that requiring 10k+ on twitter, twitch, or youtube is just a bit.. Considering i put my heart into the platform, i've been here for almost a year with 7k follows, and even if i become partnered, i still don't have a right to claim an inactive accounts name for my brand. I have to tolerate a '-' at…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New Mixer dashboard experience lacking on Xbox

This is regarding the new Mixer experience built directly into the Xbox dashboard.

There are a lot of functionality buttons missing. The chat pops up one or two bubbles a time and disappears making it hard to keep track of a convo. FTL is just not a thing on it. Co-streams only show one person streaming.

This might be easier to swallow if the app on the console wasn't being sunsetted, but unfortunately that is not the case.

It's touted it as 20x faster. It only really loads up faster without FTL and missing many key features that differentiate Mixer…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please re add broadcasting to game bar

It is much more convenient to be able to control all gaming settings from one place

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. No more windows 10 bar? No more Mixer

The only reason I use Mixer is bc of the extremely low latency I got when broadcasting it via the Windows 10 game bar, which made it perfect for social streaming. Just got the email today saying they’re phasing it out, and I’ll need to use XSplit or OBS, and be plagued by latency and finicky middleware whenever I want to broadcast a game to my friends. Oh, but I CAN still use the game bar for “screen capture and sharing, controlling your music and audio settings, finding new teammates with Looking for Group (LFG), and chatting with Xbox friends…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please Rethink the UX Design fo

Please Rethink the UX Design for the Xbox App. Overlaying chat ontop of a creators content is never the correct answer. You obscure what the creator wants to show their audience. I'm not sure why someone decided the worst part of Facebook Live Video was the answer to the new UX for the Xbox App but they were incorrect.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BTTV/FFZ support, better whispering system and slow chat timers.

I've been checking out Mixer a bit after watching Ninja's stream. One of the first things I noticed is how the whispering system and the emote situation could be improved. For whispering, it's basically impossible in popular channels (like Ninja's for example) you'll miss your whisper. Twitchs implementation of whispers is awesome, something like that would be very nice to see.

As for emotes, in my opinion Mixer's emotes are really boring and the lack of Better Twitch TV / Franker Face Z emotes is a massive blow. BTTV/FFZ emotes are a massive part of Twitch Chat (I know this…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ad Volume to match stream volume.

When loading into a stream, the Ad plays at full volume. This is a massive issue for users like myself that keep stream volumes at 15-20% for comfort. Getting my ears blown out by a full volume Ad is more likely to just have me close the site and go watch elsewhere, than to pay for anything.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Emotes

They’re already further behind on emotes than they should be. Before they get someone like Ninja over, they should have had many more emotes available, make them easy to type (not have a colon in front) and already reach out to FFZ and BTTV to integrate all their third party emotes into Mixer so that when people come over for the first time, it is instantly familiar. It would go a long way, and the fact that they didn’t add more of their own emotes and make it similar to Twitch when it’s so simple makes me question how likely…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Promotion idea for loyal subscribers

Hello. I am Mithrantir and I am a subscriber for 34 months in a row. Today Clopoyaur showed as a new promotion by mixer for new subscribers. This is a good idea, however, as a subscriber in a channel for almost 3 years I would expect to see a promotion or a small gift for loyal subscribers of Mixer. Rewarding or giving incentives to loyal subscribers is as important as bringing new subscribers. It doesn't have to be anything big but is more of the recognition of the loyalty.

This is my suggestion.

Kind regards,
    Mithrantir

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Türk yayıncılar için iletişim için Türk destek elemanı istiyoruz.

Türk yayıncılar son zamanlarda artmaya başladı, oluşan problemler için direk bizimle iletişim halinde olabilecek Türk destek elemanı istiyoruz.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. IOS APP NEEDS BACKGROUND AUDIO FEATURE

IOS APP NEEDS BACKGROUND AUDIO FEATURE

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. audio only backgrounding

I’ve added this to this forum multiple times over the past 2 years but I think it’s important to try again since mixer is picking up large casters these days.

Mobile App NEEDS audio only backgrounding. A huge selection of viewers on these platforms “work and lurk.”

For those who don’t know, currently we have an option for audio only but the second you lock your phone screen to save battery, it cuts off the App. This just seems like such an easy thing to adjust however I’m not a program designer so maybe not, but it needs to happen.…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base