Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Built in Player Selection in Cog Wheel

With the existent option of Video Quality straight in the Video Player, the addition of Audio-Only feature is fantastic however, I believe we're still missing something rather important.

The possibility of choosing which Video Player to use instead of having to go to our account settings, change said Video Player settings and refresh.

It would be amazing to have this implemented in the Cog Wheel alongside with the Video Quality & Audio - Only mode.

Two screenshots will be in this suggestion to support my idea.

Best regards,
    Valsis (The Soup Princess)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have the rating of Mature or M on the stream

During a stream if you forget, there should some overlay or something on stream that tells the viewers if its mature or not. Yes when you come into the channel it says it at the bottom but would be nice to constantly have it somewhere on the stream

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. On Browse Stream Page add a section for Hosts below the "live" People You Follow"

At present the only way to know of a host occuring by people you follow is to be in the channel when the host is activated. A good idea, one that would benefit greatly those recieving the hosts, is to place a section below the "People You Follow" on the Browse Steam page. This would show people logging in onto Beam that someone you like to watch is supporting another Streamer with their fan base and exposing them to newer audiences.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a VR category, game independent

Add a VR category, game independent. It'd be really nice to be able to sift through all VR-streams, without having to pick any particular game

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Speed Running

How about trying to make a speed-running section and attract some of the speed running folks and their community.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Channel Idea

I has a tendency to pop out chat when I really want to watch a stream but can't because of lag. I have an idea, since Beam added "audio only" to the video, I think it is a good idea that there should be an "audio" when the chat is popped out, even if I have the other browser closed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Balloons next to your name on your bday!

Would it be possible to have like a balloon next to your name on your birthday so everyone can know and celebrate with you?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple Ideas for Beam 2.0 Interfaces

I have multiple ideas to make improvement for Beam 2.0 Interfaces. Hopefully the list is long enough :)

1. I think we should still keep the gaming and non-gaming sections separate like Beam 1.0 because I think it would be easier to let viewers, like me to search "Arts/Drawing/Programming" in a section, then just look for that title in a pile of games just because it was listed based on viewership.

2. I think it would be cool to have a search bar to search for a certain type of gaming/non-gaming titles like the search bar for channels, because sometime scrolling might…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a section for streams with no commentary

Add a section for streams with no commentary.
    It be sweet if there was a category to find streamers who just stream gameplay without the commentary. Just to see their play style & the games story.
    I currently use YouTube for this but I'd rather use Beam.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "People You Follow" Algorithm Needs Work on Mobile

Might just be me, but Mobile "People You Follow" section doesn't show all of the people I've recently followed, yet it shows people that I've followed 2 months ago. Please fix this, I would love to instantly watch my best buds without needing to search for him/her every time I restart the app.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Small qual

Small "quality of life"/"Ease of Access" adjustment. For the new site layout, in streamer's channels, would it be possible for the beam logo that takes you to the beam homepage, and the browse button, next to the streamer's name, to be right clickable? (at least in chrome, didnt test firefox) so you can open them in a new tab instead of leaving who you're watching temporarily, to be able to open more streams you want to watch? As i know many people watch multiple streams at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Suggestion or recommendation algorithm

I don't know how you would go about making an algorithm for this, but one of the biggest problems I have when it comes to watching streams is that I just don't know what I'm looking for. I find a couple of streams I really like, but when they are not online, there's just a flood of random streams. It would be awesome if there was a feature that recommended new streams to me in much the same way that YouTube recommends new videos to me. That way I could at least get a general idea of streams I might…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. talk show

Hello. I recently joined Beam, after I was told about it. Being a Talk Show Streamer is a struggle. There isn't many websites that support it. It's been a constant join this website, website dies, I lose viewers each time I move, so on and so on.

I appreciate that Beam allows it. It's given me a new place to do what I want to. I hope that it will be a permanent home. In that regard I wanted to suggest the idea of a Talk Show Category.

I was told by Beam Staff to use the Web Show category.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Slow mode...Badly needed. Kinda like YT, but more configurable

Simple! Really simple to understand, just do IT!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stream Team Bot

Currently there is a Beam Bot that is assigned to each streamer. It has integration with Discord and announces when the Streamer is Live and when the go Off the Air.

My suggestion is to have the same functionality for a stream team that services the whole team. It is not uncommon for a team to have a shared discord server. This "Team Bot" would only need to be added to the server once and it could report on when anyone in the team goes Live and goes Off the Air.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow custom avatar circles.

Streamers sometimes like having certain users don distinctive colors to easily find them in chat. While the color coded system for usernames is fairly ingrained in the Beam system, it could be argued that allowing a user to customize the border circle around their avatar wouldn't interrupt this existing system. But, it would allow the user to create a unique visual ID of themselves that would be easier for streamers to see without great disruption of existing systems. Allowing custom border shapes, patterns, and colors would be very useful here.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Channel Notification List done in chronological follow order or alphabetical

Currently the Channel List for Notifications is done in Alphabetical order, but if you're following a lot of people, and just recently followed a few more people, it would take several pages of scrolling to turn on or off specific notifications.

I would suggest being able to order these by reverse chronological, meaning the latest people you followed show up first. It also gives a bit of a historical view for who you follow.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mute in Chat

Add a mute for chat to get rid of those annoying chatterboxes

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)