Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team Page Improvements

The team pages on Beam are wonderful. They help to establish groups and spread the support among all the streamers in that group. However, the team channel does lack in some areas.

It is so quick and easy to switch between streamers on the same team when on the channel. That is a great feature. Missing from the team channel is chat. How are viewers and followers supposed to interact when they can not follow along and participate in chat?

On the topics of participation and interaction; viewers have very limited use of the interactive features of Beam such as…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using Sparks to buy emotes made by Beam to give another way to be active and use them Sparks

Using Sparks to buy emotes made by Beam to give another way to be active and use them Sparks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Giving users more ways of upload and live streaming would bring more users and thus more viewers and therefore more ads revenue for both the

Giving users more ways of upload and live streaming would bring more users and thus more viewers and therefore more ads revenue for both the website and the users.
    So I think the Beam developers shall consider bringing more ways for beam creators like the UPLOAD feature to let the creators make more content and bring more ideas to the Beam website.
    Please bring the upload feature to the site.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the ability to open links in Beam (possibly using the Cortana overlay)

Often times the bots in Beam chats will post links. Sometimes these are for entertainment purposes. Other for great community events and charity events. It would be nice to have the communities of Xbox to feel inclusive if they choose.
    I would suggest the use of the Cortana method where she produces an overlay result on the screen. Possible future integration of "background audio" would also be useful if the link then opens IE directly.
    Options could be present to disallow this feature in the app itself.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. partnership sub icon

Was part of a discussion on this recently and everyone thought it would be a really good addition if partners could add multiple sub icons so that it changes based on how many months the viewer has been subbed for.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Beam to tweet your stream

Since you can link your Twitter account with your Beam account, there should be an option that you can check so that when your stream goes live, Beam will then automatically send out a tweet on your Twitter account notifying your followers that your stream has gone live with a link added to take them straight to your stream. Also put a text box so that the streamer can customize the message that is tweeted when his/her stream goes live.

Thanks,
    Phil

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Nickname

Streamers should have the option to set nicknames for their viewers that only they can see/or are visible to the whole chat. For example, some people join my stream with names such as xXXSwagPro9954TTJNxxX but ask to be called steve. I thought it'd be cool if the streamer can nickname their audience so that they know what they'd like to be called in their community.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Xbox/PC selection and/or category

It would be nice to be able to switch between what is Xbox streams and what is being streamed on PC. Its really hard to find content for exclusively the console or PC at this rate that is why I propose either a category or maybe a little icon so we know before we click on the stream.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Offline Last Broadcast Time Notice

Such as this example. Timezone can be set in options.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. mixer should add a multi-cast caster link on the front page so ppl can find them quicker

mixer should add a multi-cast caster link on the front page so ppl can find them quicker

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pause button way too close to time bar

The pause button is way too close to the time bar. So many times ive accidentally hit the start of the time bar instead of the pause button. It's infuriating as it restarts the video. Im using a Surface Pro 3 tablet. Maybe make it pause by tapping anywhere in the video.
    Please pass this onto the right department. Thanks.
    Luke

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add

Creating an Editor and a Universal Mod!

An Editor option for a caster to give to a close friend or someone that they can trust to assist them with there channel/streams and have access to update there game titles and a bit more.

A Univeral Beam Mod would help many casters both new and veteran streamers a like with new casters they can show them what Beam is capable to do and educate them the possibility extent of beam. As well as assist them and teaching them how to use and setup there profile and commands. They can go around…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add

How about creating a role that Streamers/Casters can give to there friend/Team member casters or real life friends, instead of having them mod them and having at times way to many mods in a stream. Only reason many caster mod friends is for respect/courtesy of another caster or friend and also to avoid having them be timeout by a mod that is unaware of them. So if a role can be given by the caster to who ever they like would be great could be a small symbol no need to have them in a different category or color role.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New Channel Layout Difficult to See

Hello there, with the massive change to Mixer, I've noticed that the UI on channels has also changed... or rather, I would like to notice, but things are very difficult to find and see now. Most especially the follower count, a very important number to us streamers, took me ages to find and it's extremely difficult to see with how small it is and how much the colour of the numbers blends in with the background.

I know I'm not the only one with poor sight who's struggling to read some of the numbers due to the size of colour…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Move the Notifications of streamers away from the chat

I love having the notification on PC however i was wondering if this could be moved to maybe the top or anywhere else on the screen? for example the reason why i was asking this is because when you are moderating or simply trying to read or type in chat the notification comes up in front of it all and it can be a little frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. co op

Allow only people you follow, friends or users you have defined in a list to request Co-Op, random people are already requesting to co-op with me and it's not cool :)

It's not going to be long before more and more people realize that they can use this to annoy casters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. chat search

Please add the ability to search the existing chat.

For example, if I enter a room, and the chat had been started before I entered, give me the ability to search the chat for information.

Say I wanted to ask a question, but it may have already been asked, and I don't want to ask again (don't want to bug people for something already discussed and/or answered), If I can search the chat, it would be easy to find the answer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. interactive - Custom buttons/backgrounds/icons/text

Allow interactive buttons to be customize-able:
    IE: (layer approach) Background image, Text, cost
    1a. where the background could be a custom (uploaded?) hexagonal icon/image/jpg
    1b. the text can be a custom font/characterset/ or image (not required)
    1c. the cost (and progress bar) would be the top layer as per the current method, spark cost on top and the cooldown bar at the bottom, just without the whole-button-boarder
    1d. specify, or use alpha channel for transparency layer/color
    1e. custom currency useage: replace the 'spark' with a cookie in representation of channel currency (if channel currency only mode is on?)
    rough example: …

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It's about streaming.

Good evening. I am using Beam to watch delivery. So it's about the LOW function. If you set the delivery setting without lags it will be intermittent and it is rather hard to see. Which is the cause? Is it a server? Or is it my PC? Please tell me exactly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stickied Comment on chat screen.

This can give a means of addressing an important event, or rules, etc. Currently, many don't appreciate being auto whispered upon entering a room, although maybe we should. It is a means, currently, of addressing chat rules to new people.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base