Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. subscriber control

Ability for subscribers to control the streamer's layout. I realize the resources this would take, so maybe a feature for the future?

Sometimes streamers place their camera shot to cover strategic parts of the game (mini-map showing their location, etc). It would be very cool for subs to be able to move the camera shot and thus see the details. I just imagine it being a very cool perk for subscribers. I imagine there are probably a ton of other situations I'm not thinking of where this could apply too.

Thanks for considering!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Animation Category

I would be fantastic to add a Sub Category to creative for animation! :)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. multi-channel audio control

When watching multiple people streaming together, they often use a voice chat between them. That's great if you're only watching one of the streams, so you can hear the others, but starts to fall apart when you're watching more than one of them. It would be awesome if there could be multiple audio streams that can be individually muted (or have volumes set differently). It could even be extended to the streamer's voice, game sounds, and background music, giving you an option to mute just the music to avoid any copyright problems, while leaving the rest of the stream audio…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Just A idea

Just have a idea for ppl with a lot of sparks like over 100k or something as imo there not a lot to do with sparks other then soundboards. Why not either let them buy a month of beam pro or a one month sub to who ever they choose just a idea anyways.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Player auto vertically center 21:9 streams

21:9 streams, when displayed on a 16:9 monitor, orient the actual stream to the bottom of the player div. The issue here is that 21:9 streams end up leaving nearly 2 inches of room between the top of the player div and the start of the stream.

Twitch, as an example, vertically centers the stream so it has a more letterbox feel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More Embeddable options

As a 3rd party web developer, it would be nice to have the options to change the background and global text colours of the expendables, also including transparent for the background, as it's hard to make fancy websites work with the Beam blue background without it looking like garbage, as an example, I manually edited the frames... https://ss.mrvdog.com/298Og3uF5p.raw

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a Go to Your Channel Icon on the main menu pls.

There is no Go 2 your channel on the main menu and its annoying to go the name menu and then click on your name.
    It be handyer and easyer to add a simple Home button on the main menu of beam.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Xbox Logo and Mobile App Logo in Chat

Hi!

It would be cool if Xbox Viewers and Mobile App viewers had special symbols next to their name in chat. For example, Xbox Viewers have an Xbox logo beside their name and Mobile users have a cell phone beside their name so that streamers can better help them out or cater to their individual needs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. free way to sub to a streamer

twitch has this feature where if you have amazon prime, u can sub to a streamer for free as long as you had prime. i think beam should implement the same kind of feature by being partnered with someone like amazon so that some people that are broke like me can use that free sub on someone while they had an account with said beam's partnership company. im all for subbing to streamers but i want to be able to sub to someone without having to pay a monthly fee with beam when i can just have a yearly or…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let the streamer know VOD capturing is off on the VOD screen

As a new user (and first time streamer ever), I went to the VOD screen out of curiosity. It says VODs will appear there after I'm done streaming. I went ahead and streamed for ~20 minutes and went back to the VODs page and it wasn't there. I waited a day and it still never showed up. After contacting support, they told me VOD capturing was off.

This should either be on by default to match the VOD screen text, or you should change the VOD screen text to tell the user it's disabled at the moment but can be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Request: OG Role

I was just thinking about the possibility of having some sort of 'OG' role for those who have supported Beam from the beginning, so the community can recognise them as being people who helped make Beam a thing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Facebook

Hi i had a question: when we start streaming and we post the link on our facebook page and it shows only the link and people are afraid to tap on link (for personal reasons). Can you guys do something about that? I would appreciate that. Thanks a lot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. language of presentation of channel

Can we stream to a specific language audience ?

If so can we have the option to have multiple language channel presentations (the channel on the language we are presenting )

1 channel per language we want to stream to. Yes it takes more resources but it's personalized for the specific audience the streamer wants to stream to into their own language.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a like system

Make a like system so streamers now what people like

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. alot

After being on here for some time, I have come to enjoy this application/website a lot. I have a few ideas to improve how things are.

1. I like the ideas of levels and sparks. However, I feel these can be put to better use. I feel that you could use the ranks or sparks to possibly get noticed, such as being able to use points to be shown on top of lists without new streamers being stuck on the bottom and never being seen, or have some kind of rank structure to help promote new channels or people with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When a user gets banned and deleted from Beam. Could you make that so their webrowser refresh automatically so they cant continue to spam?

When a user gets banned and deleted from Beam. Could you make that so their webrowser refresh automatically so they cant continue to spam?

Just take a look on these Screenshots and you'll know what i mean

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stream to beam directly from Beam android app

as YouTube gaming android app lets you stream a game directly from there android app, beam could have this feature to, i would love to stream on beam with my android device but dont want to setup capture cards. This would be a great feature!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Character Count in Chat

Because we are limited to 360 characters in the chat it would be helpful if i had a counter. I know most messages are only about 10 - 30 characters, but i have found myself send a paragraph when trying to help explain something to a fellow beamer
    Thanks and Keep up the FANTASTIC Work!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. List Streamer Name in Pop-Out Chat Window

I'll sometimes use the pop-out chat window feature to have it within another screen while listening to the audio and working and not watching the video.

It would be great to have somewhere in the pop-out chat window have the streamers name somewhere (either maybe in the window title, or just persistently at the top?). If I have a lot of windows open, I sometimes get confused by which chat I'm talking in. =P

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Checks & Balances for the streamer

Allow the streamer to be able to check in, maybe once a month or even weekly, on their channel/stream. Allow the streamer to see how many reports they may get and for what, so that the streamer can use that as a barometer to make changes to how they operate their stream. Like a checks and balances.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base