Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. anonymous chatting

Hello, I'd like to request the idea of giving us streamers the option to allow non-registered users to access chat as guests (they can choose their own username but with no profile pic etc.)

I think the more is merrier! I know of other streaming services that implement this guest/anonymous feature and it works out just fine- not forcing everyone to get an account. That way, some people won't get turned away from the idea of having to register just to talk to the streamer at not attend to the channel or site at all. I believe it'll be really…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ad Revenue Option

So some people in the GWOL team and I were talking about the new increase to Beam Partnership requirements and you know what we were thinking would be cool? For those who will probably never hit the active viewer watching requirement, what if there was an ad revenue option? Something like what YouTube has. Maybe allow people who have been there for a certain amount of time can apply and earn a little bit off of ads that run on their stream. I know it won't happen but it was an interesting thought and conversation. It would definitely make Beam…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to Stream FTL Only with No HLS Backup

Streamer to have an option to force FTL only, so if that fails while viewed, an error screen (e.g. "Oops, there seems to be an issue with your connection, please refresh your browser" / the fuzz you currently have) is seen instead of HLS.
    Then automatically try to get the connection back (see previous idea)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The “A_String is off line” screen…Is there any way they could have it display an image of our choosing? As the Xbox crew can’t see the descr

The “A_String is off line” screen…Is there any way they could have it display an image of our choosing? As the Xbox crew can’t see the descriptions, I would LOVE to be able to have it read “A_String is currently of line, but will be back again soon!” and have my schedule under it so they known when I’m going to be online again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Page to Toggle Notifications for Each Streamer Should Scroll

The page to toggle which streamers you'd like a "going live" notification for should be longer and should allow users to scroll. When you follow hundreds (even thousands) of streamers, going through individual pages of 10 broadcasters per page can be inefficient. At the very least, 50 casters per page would be better.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Timeout X hours option

Expand the timeout command to have support for hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unfollow if banned

If a person is banned they should be automatically unfollowed from the channel so the follower count stays accurate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. clip

I propose that you should be able to filter the streams by language, game, chandra.
    i know you can filter by game.
    But an multi filter and to also help promote other games then just the most popular games to ensure diversity of streams.

So my ide is to have so you can select which games, language you want to see and not want to se.
    For example i'm not always in the mode to watch one of the popular games and it would be and encroachment for for those nich streamers to continue with their streams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. traduzir para o Português do Brasil

colocar a opção de outro idioma, pois não consigo entender nada, do que adianta eu transmitir do meu Xbox e não conseguir fazer nada mais depois disso!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Browse Area - Feedback for changes

Hello, I would like to see some changes to how we all find streamers to watch. I think it is important to allow easier browsing based on needs and wants, for example

Page that shows a list of games rather than side bar - Can sort by A-Z, Popularity, views, ratings etc
    Select by platform - Ability to choose what platform they are streaming from. Xbox, PS4, PC, Switch etc etc
    By County - Find new streamers based on country.

Any other suggestions please feel free to comment below and let me know your views

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. RSS Feed for the Beam blog.

Would like to reference the Beam blog using an RSS feed.

This feed can be referenced on many things including blogs and Discord. That way members can keep up with the latest blogs and Beam news.

So far this is done through people retweeting Beam's posts, but it can still be missed easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make gif and video recording nicer.

I'm a person who likes to make gifs and video clips of streamers. Some times it goes well enough other times not so much. The other times is when the compression from the Beam Legacy Flash player coupled with an iffy bitrate and too much detail in the scene makes everything blocky and muddy. I had the thought of loading up the VoD link in Chrome, since you guys love Chrome so much, not log in so it loads the better player, then do my fullscreen recording with OBS. But I managed to find some problems that wold ruin the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Web Interface is unreasonable heavy on limited hardware

The web Interface is unreasonable demanding, due to heavy use of javascript and such, or so I suspect. I cannot claim to be an expert.
    Personally I'm unable to use the interface and am left with the option of watching through a local player, as I fear spontaneous combustion otherwise, which is of course not a very interactive experience.
    In other words, there are demanding 3d games that are less heavy on my laptop.
    Now my hardware is admittedly rather limited, but still, this is extreme, and I would suggest that you make it a priority to reduce the impact…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Useing phone data

I would like to be able to hook up my phone to my Xbox one and use it's data to stream. My internet speed is very slow and I usually have about a thirty second delay from me and chat. Useing my data would solve this problem since it's faster and my data is unlimited also.

Also this is just a thing I'd like to see. Streaming from our phones. So we could also stream on that platform as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Direcionamento de transmissão.

Vocês poderiam direcionar as transmissões para seus países de origem ou pelo menos colocar um filtro por idioma ou pais, assim seria muito mais fácil de de achar transmissões de certo idioma ou pais, por que hoje vejo uma certa dificuldade neste aspecto aqui no site, com um direcionamento ou pesquisa deste tipo seria bem mais acessível e fácil para quem fornece o vídeo e pra quem quer assistir algo de seu próprio idioma sem ter que ficar procurando muito tempo pelo site.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Beam Stories

I think it would be a great idea if Beam has its own social area for channels! Where the streamer can post statuses onto their wall and other Beam Users can react and comment back!

Then on the homepage maybe add like a bar what updates to people you follow with like a green circle to notify you that the channel you are following has posted an update.

#BeamStories

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Beam Desktop App

So Twitch released a desktop app that works like discord but has the ability to import your friends list from different community's along with there own obvious firends list , it allows communities and streamers to make there own channels and watch there channel and other channels with there viewers right from inside the desktop app. It promotes community .. I know it sounds like just bring this to Beam but seriously its great but doesn't work so well on Twitch as Twitch is not so community driven as Beam, but to have a desktop app where Communities and friends…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. VOD Automatically Play

A good improvement would be to allow the streamer to set up a playlist of their own VODs to automatically play on their channel when they're not live.

It could work almost like an auto-host and be an option to choose instead of auto-host. It would allow streamers another way to keep users engaged on their channels who would otherwise just close the browser if they missed streams.

I think allowing an option like this could improve and enhance the livestreaming experience and allow it to expand to something more than just Live entertainment. If streamers wanted to - with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. icon for xbox chatters and mobile chatters

Add a small icon or colored dot in the bottom corner of the avatar to show that person is chatting from one the mobile apps. The idea being is they're chatting from the mobile app and the delay is longer then the other chatters and broadcaster can expect a longer delay until the person responds. Could maybe do something for the people using the xbox app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. notification

To begin with, I like the new notifications, but I would like to see it update across multiple tabs. I usually have multiple tabs open for different streams. Then when I get a notification and I read it in one tab, I then need to read it again on all other tabs I have open to mark it as read.

/Hamatzu

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base