Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Autocorrect on mobile chat!

Autocorrect doesn't work on mobile chat for iOS. I'm not sure about Android, though. It makes for some funny messages sent in chat sometimes. Enabling autocorrect would be awesome :D

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Charges for giveaways

So I just found the command for the built in giveaway system. What would be cool is if they stream could have the viewers use Sparks to bid on the giveaway and also maybe limit the giveaway entries to only people of a certain charge.

Reason I would like the charges is to many time people would go in and create a bot or dummy account ( multiple accounts) to get more chances of winning the prize. Having the charge limit would help keep it far for all people in the chat and for folks that have been watch for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add an event to Constellation that notifies a listener that a new VOD has been processed

Add an event to Constellation that notifies a listener that a new VOD has been processed, it would prevent developers that want to do things with VODs from having to poll the /recordings REST endpoint to find out if anything new has shown up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. set game via chat command

this is usually covered by bots, but it would be helpful if this was built in to beam chat commands. Mods should be able to run this command.

It was mentioned in the level up cast last week, but it's not offered by the platform itself

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Login using an associated Twitter account on iOS

Right now if you want to login using Twitter, it opens up the Twitter login page in the browser instead of just using an associated Twitter accounts on the phone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Voice/Text Commands for UWP via Cortana

Not even out yet and already interested in this.
    There's no category for the UWP app, so I'm throwing it into mobile unfortunately, please forgive me.

Applications that use the new interface have a API that allows you to utilise the Digital Assistant to interact with an application.

There is a perfect opportunity here on how we can interact with channel settings. Such as setting a game title or interact with that chat in a certain way.

I would love for this to be considered on how we can improve this platform in such a unique way

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Level Leaderboard

I think it would be pretty cool to have a global leaderboard of XP and Levels to see who is the most active member on Beam. I'm sure it would also give some people a motivation to watch more streams on Beam as many people love being the best in a leaderboard.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "chat servers" to status.beam.pro

We have info about the ingests, It would be good if it showed chat servers as well

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. FTL

Add a toggle to filter shown streamers to only those using FTL. Reasoning: it's the highlighted feature of the site, and most interesting/compelling, yet a user won't know who's using FTL unless they check each streamer themselves

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would love to see a ban notification in chat, once a user has been banned. We would also prefer if messages would automatically be purged

I would love to see a ban notification in chat, once a user has been banned. Messages by that user should also be completed deleted from the chat, so that the streamer does not have to read or see the insults or whatever the banned person has written any more.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Panel on descriptions

To add a way to create panels in the livestream description like in twitch

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Browse by Rating" on the Homepage

During a stream, there was a discussion on how he dislikes raiding other streamers that have a "Mature" or even a "Teen" rating (he prefers to keep all content to a level where his young kids could watch). That got me, as well as others during the stream, thinking that something that needs to be a thing is a "Browse by Rating" on the Homepage. This will make it far easier to check on other streamers that have content of an equal rating without having to spend time clicking on each stream individually to see what it's labeled as (as…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to See the Spark emotes box smaller

I would like to see the Streamers Spark Emotes have it's own tile. That way the video size isn't affected by the streamers made spark emotes. So it would keep the standard size video display. As well the Emotes Could be up to 30 in that tile and you could hover your mouse over for the full description of them before you spent you spark if you wanted. Not sure if 30 is the right number but wouldn't want it to interfere with any streamers bio or any other important information they want people to know

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ESRB/Channel Audience from Player.me

So right now, the list of Games that we can list for our stream are taken from Player.me, but what if we could also automatically assign whatever the Channel Audience for that stream is, determined by what game we're streaming?

This would probably require some change to Player.me as well to include the ESRB rating, so that Beam could grab it via an API.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add more emoticons

Hello, my name is kurisu. I really love cats, and i like to share how i feel with Cats Emoticons. And i dont have it here :( Please add more. Emoticons are very important in the chat, because some people use it to share how he feel. (Sorry about my bad english)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the ability to see chat and manage it in the manage channel tab

the ability to see chat and manage it in the manage channel tab

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Embed iframe with hosted streamers :D

Now embed iframe publish only our channel.

Add feature with publish hosted channel on out websites etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 small tweaks to interface

First, add a checkbox in options or on interface itself, that allow controls to be hidden by default. Its rather annoying to tap that "toggle controls" every time entering new channel.
    Second, allow messages like "this channel has been marked as mature by the caster" to be disabled. Maybe checkbox as well. Again, its annoying and usually useless(while i understand it to be related to age restrictions, its pointless for people who are past puberty). I watch streams on my second monitor(15") and that message appears right on top of "toggle controls". Combined with first issues, its a lot of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. C# Client/Interactive Libraries

For those who want to incorporate Beam into their C# application using an official release instead of one that may be from a third party

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Richard Fox responded

We’re constantly looking to support other languages on our platform.

You’re more than welcome to try and create one yourself in the meantime.

20. Music "Game Being Played" Option

I understand there is a Create option for what your stream is about, as that can be used to express a music stream. But I feel that if a person does not see actual art, on the stream preview, you automatically get looked over. I would like to suggest an option to place "Music" as a "Game Being Played". This makes it more specific to the stream. Even TES: Skyrim has both the original and Remastered as options for that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base