Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. talk show

Hello. I recently joined Beam, after I was told about it. Being a Talk Show Streamer is a struggle. There isn't many websites that support it. It's been a constant join this website, website dies, I lose viewers each time I move, so on and so on.

I appreciate that Beam allows it. It's given me a new place to do what I want to. I hope that it will be a permanent home. In that regard I wanted to suggest the idea of a Talk Show Category.

I was told by Beam Staff to use the Web Show category.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slow mode...Badly needed. Kinda like YT, but more configurable

Simple! Really simple to understand, just do IT!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. RSS feed of when a streamer goes online

A way to generate an RSS feed for a streamer that automatically makes a new post every time the streamer starts streaming.

similar to this: https://github.com/lzeke0/TwitchRSS

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stream Team Bot

Currently there is a Beam Bot that is assigned to each streamer. It has integration with Discord and announces when the Streamer is Live and when the go Off the Air.

My suggestion is to have the same functionality for a stream team that services the whole team. It is not uncommon for a team to have a shared discord server. This "Team Bot" would only need to be added to the server once and it could report on when anyone in the team goes Live and goes Off the Air.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow custom avatar circles.

Streamers sometimes like having certain users don distinctive colors to easily find them in chat. While the color coded system for usernames is fairly ingrained in the Beam system, it could be argued that allowing a user to customize the border circle around their avatar wouldn't interrupt this existing system. But, it would allow the user to create a unique visual ID of themselves that would be easier for streamers to see without great disruption of existing systems. Allowing custom border shapes, patterns, and colors would be very useful here.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Private FTL Server

One of the features that I've been itching for is the ability to host an FTL ingest server on a private network. Currently, I run my own streaming equipment for a private steam setup (friends and family), and the latency introduced by the current standard protocols (RTMP, HLS, etc.) is a nuisance. Would it be possible to see a standalone (or plugin, similar to nginx-rtmp-module) stream server? I've asked this a few times, and received conflicting answers on it. The FTL protocol is extremely exciting for someone like myself, but without a server-side offering, it's effectively useless to me.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Channel Notification List done in chronological follow order or alphabetical

Currently the Channel List for Notifications is done in Alphabetical order, but if you're following a lot of people, and just recently followed a few more people, it would take several pages of scrolling to turn on or off specific notifications.

I would suggest being able to order these by reverse chronological, meaning the latest people you followed show up first. It also gives a bit of a historical view for who you follow.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mute in Chat

Add a mute for chat to get rid of those annoying chatterboxes

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stream Teams Cost Split

I want the ability to split the cost of creating a Stream Team. Currently the cost is 5000, which seems steep.

Since a team consists of more than 1 person, enabling the ability to split the cost of creating the team, would also save a few steps in having to then add someone to team...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mature + | 18+ too lewd filter Idea

So I'm a 18+ streamer, and not in the terms of nudity, showing my cleavage, attempt to be ****** directly to anyone, or acting like a *** object.. I barely play games with *** in them tbh.. I'm almost always in a whitemage cape and layers of clothes to match LOL

Some may see the joke "future filters might be (family/teen/mature/IKA)" This started to float around cause my stream is just out there, those who watch enjoy the laid back free talk, laughs, and open mouthed Ika not afraid to speak real and joke about lewd stuff... Or I am…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Featured Indie Games

As a big fan of the N64, Alot of my games I tend to enjoy come from Indie because of their toonish style alot of the time. And with Microsoft and Beam working together I hope this gives a platform for Indie Devs to reach out and acquire the ability to add more games to Xbox.

However in general my idea is as follows. Featured Indie Games: Allow the ability for games that at the bare minimum doing "Press Release" of their games to show them off to be featured on the homepage. Allowing the streamers currently streaming the games…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Name Color Changes

Something that came up in magnetron's chat today is seeing that many pro user names in chat he was having issues telling who said what. I suggest allow users to change their color to whatever they want but keep the color coding around the avatars

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to create personal inget servers for personal or public use

Ability to create personal inget servers for personal or public use

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Panels

Create a panel system where you can display information and use BB code. (Hyperlinks, Bold, List, Etc)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Partner Sub Pack

Having an option to subscribe to multiple partners in one group.

For example having a set of streamers agreeing to be in one pack, or having a pack for a set of partnered streamers in a team together.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a Gamewisp Sub Role

Would it be Possible To have a Gamewisp Sub Role on Beam Since That Will Helpfull For Non Partner Streamers people would have to link their Gamewisp account to beam to get the role

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Hosting Even More Useful

The following are a few ways that a few of us here on Beam think Hosting a channel could be used to improve the benefits to the streamer, the community, and the viewer:

1. Have a "Hosts" section on the beam.pro homepage (either between those you follow that are live and the unfollowed live streamers or on it's own tab, like Rising Stars, etc...)
    This would benefit both the streamer and the community in two ways. First, if someone goes to beam.pro and sees a bunch of the people in their community hosting a channel, then they are likely to…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Some tad suggestions

I have some things that I think you guys should add in order to make Beam great again(I stole Trump's slogan, no offence XD).

1.Please add either H.264 encoding or support for this:http://bit.ly/2ho6BBo
    Basically the link shows how to enable support for WebRTC in Safari using a plugin(it's complicated to explain).

2.Please add proper CSS support for Safari.Many stuffs are loading incorrectly.Example:The landing page's BG image doesn't load.

3.To be honest,the Android app should be put into Early Testing since it is really unfinished.

4.Add a function for levels & sparks.Currently,sparks are used only for buttons while levels only…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Find out which channels a user can moderate

Add an endpoint to the API where we can pull up a list of channels that a given user is a moderator for - if used with authentication (which, I guess, it should be), it should return the list of channels that the currently authenticated user can moderate - besides their own.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base