Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. (New) Partnership Requirement "You Must Be At least the age majority for region or territory"

Hello Mixer and community, I was a little upset with the new Mixer requirement that got released. I have been streaming for almost 2 years and with 11,800 follows and really wanted to be part of the Mixer Partnership Program. So, the new requirement is saying I have to be eight-teen and that will take 5 more years until I can be a partner. Also, I am upset since I feel like I am missing out on all the new things and just not special or good to be a broadcaster. It also took Mixer 17 days for a response…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Combine Art and Creative Sections

The art and creative sections should be combined into just one so that we can all be in the same place for higher visibility. Chopping these sections up into two smaller ones makes it ineffective.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Promotion idea for loyal subscribers

Hello. I am Mithrantir and I am a subscriber for 34 months in a row. Today Clopoyaur showed as a new promotion by mixer for new subscribers. This is a good idea, however, as a subscriber in a channel for almost 3 years I would expect to see a promotion or a small gift for loyal subscribers of Mixer. Rewarding or giving incentives to loyal subscribers is as important as bringing new subscribers. It doesn't have to be anything big but is more of the recognition of the loyalty.

This is my suggestion.

Kind regards,
    Mithrantir

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please separate Live/Performing Musicians from the 24/7 radio channels

Twitch has completely dropped the ball on this, this is something that would potentially attract a lot of live musicians who are tired of competing with radio-channel bots if Mixer could get on this. The image I've attached shows the Music category - the top 20+ streams are nothing but this, let's make a "Live Music" or "Performing Musician" category!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Genre Search and Tags

I would really like to see a genre search option on the Mixer streams page, so viewers can easily search tags such as "racing" "sports" "simulation" "MMO" "BR" "RPG" "story" "single Player" Multiplay" etc.. Streamers themselves could add these tags to their stream title, in a similar style to what you can do on steam when searching for games. Rather than viewers having to search for individual titles themselves. This would help streamers massively, especially those , such as myself, trying to build a community around lesser genres that traditionally do better on Twitch.It would also get less well known…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Free mixer sub with Xbox gold or game pass

Twitch has amazon prime subs.

Why can't mixer have Xbox live or specially a game pass membership where you one free sub a month to use or gift?

640 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When we announced the Microsoft acquisition, we mentioned how excited we were about the possibility of integration like this. Of course, implementing this idea will require significant thought and planning. If we were to do something like this, we’d make sure to take the time to get it right.

With that said, we don’t have any specific news to share but wanted to mention that we are open to the idea and will continue to explore.

7. Search

Mixer NEEDS a better search function. Here's the idea:

Familiarity is key here, so I'm recommending making a search function that is similar to Twitter, Instagram, and even Twitch, by using the "#" function.

Allow ALL streamers to input their own, or predetermined drop down lists, of options that best describe their stream.

Ex. Billy wants to watch RPG games but with a streamer who is chill
    So he types "RPG, chill"

It shows results of those streamers who added "RPG" and "Chill" on their account.

This idea works for not just the viewer, but also for Developers, and Industry…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Retroactive Payout for Sparks for New Partners

The new Season 2 update allows for Mixer partners to be payed out for sparks spent on Skills and MixPlay on their channels, essentially turning sparks into a real money currency.

As a non partnered streamer on Mixer who focuses heavily on my MixPlay board, I now feel guilty about having my buttons cost sparks since it will essentially be like throwing money away.

There should be a feature where starting from the launch of Season 2, any sparks spent on non partnered streams are "banked" and if/when the streamer gets partnered, they would receive a payout based on how…

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Partnership Requests

When applications are declined the streamer is sent a generic email. Even when they apply 2-3 times they still receive the same generic declined email. The only way the streamer can improve is if they get personalised feedback. Surely after all their hard work to meet requirements they deserve a personalised email. Especially once they have applied 2 or 3 times. I also think they should take supporting emails from followers into account. Some communities are unique but very loyal - exactly what an advertiser is looking for.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. CHAT ONLY SPARKS

Hello, I just want to make a simple suggestion.

The idea of sparks seems to me very good but it saturates the chat a lot and makes everything go with a lot of lag. I do not suggest that you remove it but it would be good if you put a separate chat like the double chat of when the channel you are watching hosts someone. I do not know if I explain it but the idea is to be that, to do as a chat for sparks or some way that does not cause the direct to work badly.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Following games

It would be nice if you could follow games, so they can appear on your homepage, similar to Twitch, so you don’t have to search for them each time.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New Rally Idea - Tug of War

Since people are growing tired of the beach ball, I thought maybe be a tug of war option would be fun. Users would be randomly assigned a team (so not everyone chooses the same team), and through either clicking a lot or dropping sparks, the winner of the war is decided.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ukrainian Language Support

Ukraine has a ~40M population, of which, according to the last census, 67,5% consider Ukrainian their mother tongue.

Ukraine has a vibrant gaming community. Ukrainian eSports teams (go NaVi!) are some of the most successful and competitive in the world.

Valve added Ukrainian language option to Steam in 2013 and since then the number of Ukrainian Steam players (and Steam games that have a Ukrainian localization) has been steadily increasing. According to SteamSpy, as of June 2016 there were 3.7M Ukrainian players in Steam. (source: http://steamspy.com/country/UA )

Given the above mentioned arguments, we, the Ukrainian gaming community, ask of you…

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reward System for Interactive Skills

Encourage viewers and streamers to get more involved with interactive skills like beach ball by offering rewards to the streamer and viewers who participate in them.

Beach Ball is a lot of fun but regardless of whether or not you only get 1 hit or you make it all the way up to 200 the outcome is the same. But if there were rewards for streamers who set high scores and viewers who help them achieve that then Rally Skills would be much more effecting at rallying people together.

I propose rewarding streamers with a spark bonus depending on what…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Emotes

They’re already further behind on emotes than they should be. Before they get someone like Ninja over, they should have had many more emotes available, make them easy to type (not have a colon in front) and already reach out to FFZ and BTTV to integrate all their third party emotes into Mixer so that when people come over for the first time, it is instantly familiar. It would go a long way, and the fact that they didn’t add more of their own emotes and make it similar to Twitch when it’s so simple makes me question how likely…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Blacklist Words

I think we need the option to create a custom Blacklist for banned words in our channels. I know some bots of this option but they aren't reliable. This is becoming very apparent to me with the release of Endgame. I have seen in other channels when big movies or games come out people just go in, ruin it and leave. These are just people that want to ruin something for as many people as possible. This could be easily prevented with a system built into Mixer.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New category for Virtual Streamers

Hello! My name is Ellie, a virtual streamer.
    If you are wondering what is virtual streamer, please read http://japantrend.tv/index.php/2018/07/22/whats-is-vtuber-virtual-youtuber-2/
    In Japan, people call us Vtuber, it is because most Japanese virtual Streamer stream on Youtube, so Vtuber stands for Virtual Youtuber.
    I hope we can add “Virtual Streamer” as category on mixer, there are some Chinese streaming platform already done it, such as the famous bilibili.
    Giving a separated category for us virtual streamers, will really help our channel grow and help new people learn about us.(which Twitch have not done this yet👀)
    Virtual streamers market is also growing fast…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New Ember Pricing Scheme Thoughts (with math)

With the new changes to the crystal, plus the costs of embers there are plenty of people upset with the changes. I set out to try to figure out how can we do this so that between the crystal, the actual costs per ember for the purchaser we find a middle ground that helps the viewers, streamers, and platform.

I used comparisons with bits costs (our one comparable analog) and then colorized based on more expensive than twitch and less expensive than twitch. I feel as if I have found a good medium. I also share some thoughts on direct…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Oauth2 Revoke Tokens (RFC 7009)

Currently the only way to revoke a access token / refresh tokens is to ether for the user to remove the oauth app from they account or a oauth app to delete the app itself witch also revoke all tokens. If you have a access token leaked within the app you would need to revoke everything even if just one token was compromised. With the RFC 7009 it's a own spec ontop off the oauth2 spec that adds in a endpoint that allow to revoke just one token.

You also have the problem with client side apps that use implicit…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move badges to the right side

Move all badges to the right side.
    Badges on the left side make the layout out or order :-)

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base