Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not get rid of the Xbox mixer app

The new mixer integrated app on xbox is something that nobody wants. especially as a mod I have seen various people complain that the integrated is very hard to watch and that they cant be interactive in chat because chat can barely be seen. we need to keep the option to use the app or the integration if the integration is going to stay. as a mod I use the xbox app to help me see chat better and not have to switch pc audio over each time I need to mod in the mornings and game in the afternoon.…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MixPot modification to give visibility to the REALS streamers.

FR: Bonjour! Je suis -Kyutie-, je vous suggérerais une modification de MixPot. Beaucoup de streams "FARM H24/7" font leur apparition sur Mixer, que ce soit pour Paladins, SMITE ou Forza Horizon 4. Ces flux AFK sont en boucle, avec juste une photo du jeu, et même parfois sans surveillance.
    C'était un bon moyen d'obtenir du contenu pour une communauté, mais il a poussé les gens à abuser du système et à créer un stream de ce genre complètement décourageant et déloyal envers les streamers qui ont planifié et présenté un contenu réel.
    Je pense qu'il serait bien d'activer le MixPot…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Channel Progression Opt Out

In reference to: https://blog.mixer.com/2019/04/30/mixer-channel-progression-rolling-out-on-5-1/

I would like a way to opt out of this. I do not want to make participation in my channel some sort of competition.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. #FREEWENCH

How come I see streamers re broadcasting and broadcasting NFL games on your site which is copyrighting? And they aren’t suspended but a woman who is fighting to help Veterans and raise money for them gets the ax and is getting completely ignored. #FREEWENCH

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Skills and season 2 for non partnered streams

So with Season 2 now revealed and the new usage of sparks which only benefit partners, I was thinking about a system for non partnered streamers.

Basically people would use the skills as normal, but instead of a cash payout, non partnered streamers would get a % of the sparks spend from users into their own sparks account.

The reason behind the % instead of the full amount of sparks is because sparks now has a real life $ value.

As I've seen many point out, having sparks set on your Mixplay board or for people in general to use…

307 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pokemon Accessibility and Discovery on Mixer

Can Mixer please fix what games appear when you search 'Pokemon' Most of the official pokemon games don't appear and the newest games like sword and shield as well as sun and moon are no where to be seen. If they could remove the fake pokemon games and replace them with the real games that'd be pretty good for pokemon streaming on mixer as a whole.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Ultra Sun/Moon, X/Y, Leafgreen/FireRed, Black/White, Black/White Version 2, ORAS(Omegaruby/alpha sapphire), Sword/Shield All need priority on the search “Pokemon” on mixer.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Using Sparks on official channels for charity.

So many people donate sparks to the official Xbox channels and they go to waste so I was wondering if instead they could go to charity.
    Pick a charity like Extra Life and have all sparks from all official Xbox channels go to them instead of going to waste.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Following games

It would be nice if you could follow games, so they can appear on your homepage, similar to Twitch, so you don’t have to search for them each time.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Genre Search and Tags

I would really like to see a genre search option on the Mixer streams page, so viewers can easily search tags such as "racing" "sports" "simulation" "MMO" "BR" "RPG" "story" "single Player" Multiplay" etc.. Streamers themselves could add these tags to their stream title, in a similar style to what you can do on steam when searching for games. Rather than viewers having to search for individual titles themselves. This would help streamers massively, especially those , such as myself, trying to build a community around lesser genres that traditionally do better on Twitch.It would also get less well known…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mixer App Going Away

Recently I started getting a message when i started up the Mixer XBox app that it was going away and being replaced by a horrible new Mixer integrated into the XBox dashboard. I have tried this new way to use Mixer on XBox and it is horrible. As my prime way of using Mixer to stream, and watch streams, this is a huge step back. I can't even view my own channel. I'm aware Mixer probably doesn't care about small streamers like myself that do everything off their console, but I had to give my feedback on the change nonetheless.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mixer Affiliates

I really enjoy the Mixer Season 2. However I am a LITTLE bummed that nothing new was presented to smaller streamers to hype them up.

I honestly feel the sparks as a form of monetization for smaller streamers as well could potentially be the start of some sort of Mixer Affiliate program.

Yes, I can now use my sparks to support "my favorite content creators" but at least half of my favorites are not even partnered.

We love you Mixer, but don't forget about us little folk trying to work our magic on the platform.

291 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Variety Streamer Discovery

To help combat discovery for variety streamers, I suggest something like a function for streamers to add to their channel that shows the games they play.

This allows others to be able to search up multiple games to find variety streamers that play those games.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Continuing to watch a stream while leaving the app.

So I recently started watching Mixer due to Ninja switching over from Twitch. I watch on my iPad and I noticed you can’t leave the app while still watching the stream like you’re able to on Twitch.. this would be the only reason I would choose to watch someone on twitch rather than watching Ninja or someone else on Mixer. Hoping you can change it to where if I click my home button while the stream is open then it will still play in a small box at the corner of my screen like on Twitch so I can work…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't remove Mixer from game bar

Please don't remove Mixer from the Windows Game Bar. My computer is not equipped to handle two big programs at once. I am not able to run my game and use an outside streaming software at the same time. I was only able to stream because Mixer was integrated into Windows. Now I won't be able to stream at all.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Continue Xbox App

Please keep the Xbox app active. It works so much better than the Mixer tab. I also don't know why I can no longer gift subscriptions on the xbox app. I loved being able to gift subscriptions to help support my favorite streamers.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Background Audio for iOS App

Every time you switch away from the app to text or check Twitter or do anything else on your iPhone, the stream audio stops and does not play in the background. It’s super annoying.

I understand the implications with earning Sparks and all that, but I can’t imagine it’d be that difficult to say you don’t earn sparks with background audio active.

Thanks!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Missing a month when subbed to a channel

Everyone takes pride in the fact that they have subbed to a channel for 12 months, 24 months, 36 months even. The streamers are proud and the community is proud! What happens when a viewer runs into hard times? Sometimes life is more important and you have to do what you have to do to keep a roof over your head or your electricity on. You end up having to skip a month to ensure life matters are taken care of. What happens to your sub record? it gets wiped out and you reset back to 1 month! This is…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New Mixer dashboard experience lacking on Xbox

This is regarding the new Mixer experience built directly into the Xbox dashboard.

There are a lot of functionality buttons missing. The chat pops up one or two bubbles a time and disappears making it hard to keep track of a convo. FTL is just not a thing on it. Co-streams only show one person streaming.

This might be easier to swallow if the app on the console wasn't being sunsetted, but unfortunately that is not the case.

It's touted it as 20x faster. It only really loads up faster without FTL and missing many key features that differentiate Mixer…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Chat auto scrolling stops after a few seconds

Chat stops auto scrolling after a few seconds (tested on Firefox 70.0, Windows 10), scroll bar stays at the top instead of bottom.
    Disabling smooth scrolling doesn't help.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. #FREEWENCH

FREEWENCH - how about work WITH wench and make something amazing out of combining this platform and what she does for our troops rather than suspending her? You have partners allowed to broadcast COPYRIGHT music and movies on your platform, putting you more at risk of legal action being taken then wench, sharing awareness videos that she has written permission to use...

Do the right thing Mixer. This is ridiculous.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base