Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. show subs in chat so that they stick out to be more easily acknowledged

I think that it will help supporters of a stream be more easily acknowledged if it showed in chat when someone subbed with some sort of background color change or cool border around the outside to draw some attention.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More detailed bug reporting

If there is an option between Open and Resolved called "In Progress" for bug reports, that might be better. Then it could trigger a reply stating the Mixer staff is working on it. These can each be connected on the backend to the same issues that can show what the most pertinent are categories tagged to these tickets and these are then handled on a larger scale over time. Such system would let you know the bigger problems to address sooner.

When the larger category is resolved, then the "In Progress" tickets can be closed and a brief thank you…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please streamline World of Warcraft categories!

So I'm fairly new to Mixer and I absolutely love it! I am somewhat out of the ordinary streamer here as I really only stream RPG style games, mainly World of Warcraft. Something that has aggravated me ever since getting on Mixer is that there is a separate category for every WoW expansion. This is completely counter-intuitive and makes it extremely hard for both viewer and content-creator. I have talked to a couple different people on Mixer about this while streaming and they all completely agree. Some of these expansions that are separate categories are 10 years old. All of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Convention streaming slots for non-partners

I think it would be awesome to use conventions to help smaller streamers. I know it's an AWESOME place to showcase the Partners but if you dedicated a couple slots for smaller streamers, that helps build up more HYPE for Mixer that they care about all the streamers (not that they don't care, but would solidify it further). Convention streams do bring in lots of people so it's a win for the smaller streamer to get some more followers as well as a win for Mixer for getting more people HYPED about the awesome platform that it is,

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix video on top and left

On the left side of the video has a small gap, due to the responsive model (Responsive Web Design), however it is damaging the layout of the entire site - in my opinion.
    I believe that responsive(Responsive Web Design) should be done only from left to right and top to bottom, leaving the top and the left side fixed on layout.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. timer

I know there's a request for a timer, but it isn't very specific. Streamlabs has a timer app for Twitch, which would be perfect for Mixer.

https://www.twitch.tv/ext/naty2zwfp7vecaivuve8ef1hohh6bo-1.0.9

You just schedule your stream and it does a countdown. Mixer needs to have something like this. Heck, just tie into Streamlabs API.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stream

Mixer should somehow allow their streamers, that stream on console, be able to have the same things that people that stream on PC's have. Somehow Mixer should have something to where it allows the streamers to put overlays on their screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mentioning Moderators and Above

I think It's a great idea for someone to be able to @mention Moderators, Channel Editors, Mixer Staff, or Global Moderators in chat if there are so many people watching a stream (maybe 75+ people). ESPECIALLY for a popular Mixer Streamer / Partner. Kind of like Discord has when you think about that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Past Broadcasts

I never heard about Mixer until Smite said they were going to record pro matches here. I was open minded, looking forward to some cool new stuff like they advertised. So far I haven't been happy AT ALL with this streaming platform.

First, whenever I'm watching a broadcast live, it'll freeze and skip after a while. Then it'll just stop. It's not a connection issue being that every other streaming platform doesn't do the same. I'll restart the app, then it'll be fine for maybe a max of 30 minutes. Then do the same.

Second, I can't go to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make

Make it where you can gift subs like you can with mixer pro.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep the stream online

This has been suggested before but keep the stream online when the streamer decides to switch to another game. Its very difficult to keep viewers in your room while the new game is loading. I have also been emailing support because my stream crashes when my xbox controller is plugged in via micro usb to charge. If the stream could stay online when the controller disconnects briefly or when game is being switched, it would prevent a lot of weird problems and crashes I've been experiencing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add

Okay...what about a way to gift subscriptions through mixer? Maybe like game pass for example.
    You can choose to gift 1 month for $6,2 months for $12 you get the point,I feel like this would help alot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mobile chat

If I’m watching a stream on a mobile device and have to close the app or even the stream to check who else is live, the chat freezes up and I have to fully close out a few times to get chat back up. Also a feature to minimize a stream to browse around mixer without fully closing a stream would be amazing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. i think mixer should bring colour to our channels

I think when the chat box showed up on your screen you should be able to set that box to a variety of colours and also a way that when the chat box comes up you can shrink it of you want to so its not taking up most your screen :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Transition Stingers -

It would be amazing if we could have access to Transition Stingers that support Mixer (we're trying to do as much as we can to support the platform with branding and mentions). Similar to that which ends your twitter clips
    https://twitter.com/WatchMixer/status/979841485695737856

Cheers
    Earp of LGND

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Emote Channel Identification

I think there should be a way to tell what channel a custom emote has come from without asking the person. Whether it be in the tooltip when you go over the emote, or you click on it and it gives you info.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve functionality in directories with low viewer counts

When trying to view directories for games with small viewer counts the mobile app often fails to display any viewers watching those games, or struggles to open the directory. If you want mixer to grow and want to enable content creators to build channels, this needs to be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Discord Sign-In Experience

When I tried to sign up using Discord, it would deny me from creating an account because I didn't have a unique username. This was frustrating because I hadn't even chosen a username in the first place. It took me a while to realize that it took your discord username, so having some flavor text explaining you'll take their discord username for mixer would be nice, or if there is a username conflict to be able to choose a username that would work. I almost gave up on making an account entirely because it was so frustrating

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make co-stream layout client-sided.

Make it so that when watching a stream with a co-streamer(s), you select the arrangment of the windows as the viewer, because every viewer has different monitor arrangements/ window layouts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Game Backgrounds for all major games

Would be awesome if there was at least 1 background for each major game streamed on Mixer. PUBG, Fortnite, ARK (ones that don't exist yet), and others.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base