Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alphabetic Game List Order

I'm not sure if this has been requested already, but wasn't able to find anything.
    Could we get a game order option to be Alphabetical instead of by view count?
    Something like an icon A >Z and then an "eye" to switch between the orders.

Thanks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make buttons/controls movable with the keyboard arrows in the new Interactive Studio editor

The way you move buttons currently isn't that optimal (the drag and drop is working weird IMHO).

Being able to move them one pixel with the keyboard arrows would be nice and easy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clearing Chat

I've been using the new beta and can't seem to find a way to clear the chat. There may be a way that I'm not seeing but if not I'd personally like to be able to clear the chat from the chat settings tab.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Partner emotes should have one prefix

After subbing to a good number of casters recently, I've noticed some clashing emotes (Only 1 set but they still clash) and it makes me wonder, why are partners not made to have prefixes similar to twitch?

There are a number of advantages to this for a start.
    1. There is going to be no clashes if when someone gets partnered, they have to pick a prefix that isn't taken. So for example the two clashing emotes I mentioned which are RocketBear and GhostFromTexas both using :rage may be :rbRage and :ghostRage retrospectively.

1. Having a prefix in my opinion makes…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lurk Mode Highlight

So, recently I hadn't noticed that I had Lurk Mode activated when lurking in channels. Sometimes I have streams on in the background when I'm doing other things to help people with numbers as well as having background entertainment on. As I had lurk mode I didn't show up in chat, but I was under the impression I had lurk mode deactivated. So my idea is to maybe add some sort of effect for when you have lurk mode activated, for example, a light tint around the chat box to let you know your account is on lurk mode. Something…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort search results based on applicable statistics

Currently, search results return what appears to be an unsorted list of results. It would be helpful if searching returned results weighted by stats or "relevancy"

For example, if you search for Markiplier, you get a ton of channels that start with "markiplier" but none of these are the markiplier you're probably looking for. In fact, Markiplier is the last channel in the results list.

Anyway, hope that makes sense!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add channel:host:self scope

Hi, I'm working on a website for a broadcaster, it has a way to login with Beam OAuth, so people can do a bunch of things on the site, including HOST from the stream page, the issue is, as it is at the moment it requires the channel:update:self scope, which is not the best of scopes to use for a streamer's website, as this obviously gives the site access to update the logged in users channel settings, but as it stands right now this is the only way I can add a host button, would be nice to have a…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sparks shop for emotes

Add new emotes every month or week or so, and make it so you can buy them with sparks to use them.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Animated Offline screens

Allowing streamers to select one of their VODs to play as an offline stream or allow them to upload a video that would play while the stream is offline.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add ability to search for teams

In the browse page, people should be able to search for and find teams by the team name, or filter search by teams vs individual channels.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. multi-channel audio control

When watching multiple people streaming together, they often use a voice chat between them. That's great if you're only watching one of the streams, so you can hear the others, but starts to fall apart when you're watching more than one of them. It would be awesome if there could be multiple audio streams that can be individually muted (or have volumes set differently). It could even be extended to the streamer's voice, game sounds, and background music, giving you an option to mute just the music to avoid any copyright problems, while leaving the rest of the stream audio…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams in A-Z order; searchable; followable

The TEAMS section of Beam cannot be searched, so if there is a specific team that I would like to look for I only have the choice of scrolling through the ENTIRE teams list. This is frustrating.

Also, alphabetizing the teams list would make searching for a team easier.

Lastly, I recommend the ability to follow an entire team. This way, when one of the members of the team goes live, someone following the team can receive notifications that someone in the team has begun streaming.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Native sub/follow/host alerts

example given, "like TwitchAlerts" http://i.imgur.com/NJRoodc.png

Would need to be customizable, upload, move, resize images, add sound files, change fonts, etc.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. DVR

What is it?
    DVR Function

Watching so intently that you forgot the hot dogs have been boiling for 20 minutes? Then this feature is needed DVR feature allows you to pause, rewind, and play from any point in the stream. Once you resume playing, the Stream will start from where you hit pause, so you won't miss a thing.

How does DVR work?

Pause: Click the pause button when you need to take a break.

Play: Once you're ready to begin watching again, click the play button
    and the stream will begin streaming again from where you left off.

Seeking:…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Private FTL Server

One of the features that I've been itching for is the ability to host an FTL ingest server on a private network. Currently, I run my own streaming equipment for a private steam setup (friends and family), and the latency introduced by the current standard protocols (RTMP, HLS, etc.) is a nuisance. Would it be possible to see a standalone (or plugin, similar to nginx-rtmp-module) stream server? I've asked this a few times, and received conflicting answers on it. The FTL protocol is extremely exciting for someone like myself, but without a server-side offering, it's effectively useless to me.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. d

When streaming with Xbone with Kinect as your camera you should be able to go full screen to allow for the option to stream web shows and not be restricted to only streaming games

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Weekly or monthly analytic emails

It would be nice if we could get a weekly analytic email or even a monthly one.

To see channel followers within that time, growth, etc. It would make it a lot easier than having to use the analytics page for general information between selecting dates and such.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Moderators get custom emotes

Hi! I am sure you are aware that beam has a subscription service where people can pay money and get some perks. Well what i am suggestion is that the moderators can use the custom emotes of any streamer they are a moderrator for. I know people may get mad at this but i think it would be a nice perk for saying "Thanks for moderatoring my streams, here are a few emotes". Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please add a yearly sub for beam pro

Please add a yearly subscription option for beam pro

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. problème de résolution

problème de résolution quand je regarde mon stream sur mon ordi la qualité pixel a mort il y a possibilité de trouvé un système pour avoir une bonne qualité

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base