Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need a game dev category for us game developers who like to stream pls

We need a game dev category for us game developers who like to stream. Currently, we can use Design or Development, but I think having a Game Development category would help bring those interested in that category to our stream channels.
    Thanks!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clip

Have an button like twitch that records 30 seconds backwards and be able to download the 30 seconds to your PC

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. delay

You need to add an option to put a delay in your stream for games like madden where your opponent could just watch your stream and see the play you picked in real time. You need a 30-60s delay so they cannot do that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Team name in title

Like Twitch as the team name in the title I think it would be cool if Beam offered that.

Ex: Cptfive3oh playing "No Man's sky" on "DirtySquad"

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. video player

API for Embeded Video PLayer similar to the YouTube iFrame API and the Twitch Player API.
    The API should expose methods to set and switch streams or play playlists or individual VOD along with play, pause, seek, set volume and bit rate methods. It should have events for API loaded, player ready, playing, paused, stream ended, stream offline, etc. Nice to haves would be light and dark themes.
    Thank you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hide stream from the browse page

Add an ability to hide one's stream from the "browse" page (gotten to by scrolling down on the front page of the beam site). Random people keep trying to join our Jackbox games when we're streaming specifically for our friend group only, so being able to prevent that would be nice.

Tl;dr implement a "Private stream" feature, that only people with the link can access.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. NEW BEAM DASHBOARD and Smoother stream quality

I would love to see a Beam Dashboard for watching & communicating with the viewers. I'd also like to see the analytics merged with it. Also I notice a little buffer problem when watching streams. I think this needs to be addressed to prevent viewers from leaving someone's stream due to quality. Keep up the great work BeamTeam!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streamer Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. notifications

Create a Bot that will start streaming and end streaming every 15 minutes so that we as viewers can verify that our devices are working with Notifications. When we're done testing that it works or doesnt work we will unfollow said bot.

Its a little frustrating when having all notifications on my iPhone/iPad and never getting told that my favorite streamers are broadcasting. The only time I notice now is if the streamer is streaming to Twitch AND Mixer because my Twitch notifications actually work.

Its been months since my notifications actually worked. Email stopped a while back to after…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Korean Language Support

I am pretty sure this is where I would post Language Support. We should have the Korean Language support added on here. Especially having the username system support the language as well. Another thing we could add if that hasn't been added yet is a Language Audience we can set in our channel so when users join and their language isn't of the stream settings it will let them know which audience it is pointed to. For those who welcome all forms of language in the channel can set it to universal or even select the languages they are most…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ignore

Be able to have a feature that allows us to completely ignore a person site wide in all chats.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. subscriber control

Ability for subscribers to control the streamer's layout. I realize the resources this would take, so maybe a feature for the future?

Sometimes streamers place their camera shot to cover strategic parts of the game (mini-map showing their location, etc). It would be very cool for subs to be able to move the camera shot and thus see the details. I just imagine it being a very cool perk for subscribers. I imagine there are probably a ton of other situations I'm not thinking of where this could apply too.

Thanks for considering!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an easy way to undo the "Remember this option" for 18+ channels

So, I use Edge browser, and even with this new "December" update, Edge and not even Firefox is exactly bugfree to use with Beam.

I was having problems loading channels, and I wanted to test if it had to do with the message saying "This stream is for mature audiences only
    Please only continue if you’re eligible to view this content. "

And while now most channels seem to work fine, I wish I could undo "remember this option".
    I didn't think it was linked to my account once I clicked that.

My problem is I just did it as…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add stream start time to VOD in REST API

It would be great if the VOD representation in the REST API could also record the time the stream actually started, right now the createdAt field contains the time the VOD was actually processed, which is always after a stream finishes, with a variable amount of time.

For a few things I have in development this would make it a **** of a lot easier to do what I want to do ;)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hello Mixer Team, I am wondering if you guy's would be willing to add a global Mixer emote similiar to HeyGuys on twitch. Thanks

Hello Mixer Team,

I am wondering if you guy's would be willing to add a global Mixer emote similar to HeyGuys on twitch. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto tweet stream live

If your twitter is linked, you should be able to have your stream auto-tweeted with your custom message when you go live.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Highlight a message button for moderators

Add a highlight button for moderators that allows them to feature certain messages for the streamer to look at.

This could look like a pinned message at the top of the chat, for fast moving chats, and should be dismissable by either the streamer or the moderator once the streamer has acknowledged seeing it.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Embed Stream Team Widget

Hello,

I would like to see a feature where teams who have their own website, forums, etc. can embed their stream team page in a similar manner as embedding an individual page. This would be something that would improve upon Stream Teams

Misc suggestions for Team Pages:
    -Favorite/follow button for teams
    -"Featured Teams" occasionally feature a team that has a lot of concurrent viewers, a rapidly growing following, or that is making positive impacts on the beam community.
    -Team Leaderboards to bring a little friendly competition between teams
    -Announcements section on the team page, also allow team members with certain…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Note to "Following" Page

When you go to the "Following" page and click through the games, and no one you are following is streaming that game you simply get a "No channels found" message. In my opinion, this should be expanded to something like "No followed channels streaming {game}. [Click here] to see non-followed channels" or something of that sort.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Web Interface is unreasonable heavy on limited hardware

The web Interface is unreasonable demanding, due to heavy use of javascript and such, or so I suspect. I cannot claim to be an expert.
    Personally I'm unable to use the interface and am left with the option of watching through a local player, as I fear spontaneous combustion otherwise, which is of course not a very interactive experience.
    In other words, there are demanding 3d games that are less heavy on my laptop.
    Now my hardware is admittedly rather limited, but still, this is extreme, and I would suggest that you make it a priority to reduce the impact…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Embed different states in the same interactive board at once

I think it would be a cool idea to be able to embed multiple states of an interactive board at once, this would let people who have their streams embedded on their website give viewers there the ability to have the best possible interactive experience and control.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base