Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option for Broadcast Info Bar to "move" periodically

I enjoyed the experience of using Mixer to broadcast my play, BUT, I have one concern that would make a great feature. The blue Broadcast Info bar lets us choose where we display it in our Mixer settings. I would LOVE the ability to set a "floating" option, for it to change positions on screen once every, say, 5 minutes or so.

I request this because my TV documentation (as with many LED/OLED TVs) says that a static image over 2 hours or more can cause image retention and possible permanent damage. My play sessions are often longer than 2…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Security Availability

I've seen that a couple people have had their accounts hacked and deleted. I know at least one of the few didn't have access to the 2 factor auth because they didn't have a smartphone to scan the QR code. Can you make it so that people can get the code texted to them without having to have a smart phone? Also, maybe make it so that when someone hits delete account they have to confirm it via an email? I just want to widen the range of security for people.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cache vod for offline access

Cache vod for offline access. I commute and would like the option to temporarily cache a vod for offline/limited network access during my commute (public transportation).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Build a new server in the Middle East

A new server in the Middle East would allow streamers and viewers to enjoy a better experience
    It would help streamers reach more people
    It would allow people like me who live in the Middle East to enjoy better quality content (I hope)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom resub messages

When a subscriber is offered the option to announce their resubscription in chat, offer a dialog box to write a short message for the streamer. These should be seen in chat, available in the API for bots to pull into overlays, and stored on the partner dashboard, perhaps as a timeline feed.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search for more than a channel.

The ability to search on a more global level, like Stream titles and game titles. Right now when you search on the homepage it is only by the channel (user) name. The ability to have it filter the game and stream title would be nice.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Beam should install some sort of plugin that allows streamers and viewers to set their own time zones... that way, when the streamer sets th

It would be cool if Beam would install some sort of plugin that allows streamers and viewers to set their own time zones. Users select their timezone in their profile. Then the streamers would have a schedule option so they could enter their tentative streaming schedule (not mandatory, but optional for the streamer).

When the streamer sets their schedule, the viewer automatically sees it in their own time zone in the Streamer's information.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Color name

Default Users could have a range of colors, and Pro Users could have custom colors! :D
    As a streamer, it's hard for me to keep up with chat because all the names are the same color, and i sometimes get lost in messages, not knowing where i left off/not knowing who is who in chat.

As a viewer, I love having my own color and being able to be different in chat!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Payment Options

I feel it would be beneficial for Beam users/streamers to be able to select/edit payment methods used for renewing subscriptions here on Beam instead of it being tied to just one method of payment.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Additional Teams

Additional teams. Plain and simple.

Three is an awkward number. Let me give you an example. Say I wanted to start my own team, and join the teams of a couple of friends. Suddenly I'm locked out of joining future teams without leaving one of the ones I'm currently in.

Like, what happens if I'm in three teams already and I get partnered? There's a team for partners, would I get forcefully kicked from one of my existing teams to be placed into that one?

Or what if I'm partnered with another site that sets up a team on Beam,…

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. channel one time zone

would like to see a GMT -0 added to your show times as its easier to know what time for all to work from GMT-0 times

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Streamer Subscribable ban lists

Streamer Subscribable ban lists
    A eay for other casters to subscribe to a ban list of another channel, simmilar to "lists" on twitter.

Example: someone comes into a channel and starts posting bad links, ****, or inappropriate comments. The streamer bans them.

Streamer 2 subscribes to streamer 1's ban list, that person is now auto banned on their channel.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability close chat with Xbox Media Remote

It is not possible to do all functions using the Xbox Media Remote, currently not possible to close chat using the remote you must use a controller.

I watch a ton of streaming content daily but rarely use a controller to navigate, please design/test the app while using a media remote solely to navigate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Xbox Logo and Mobile App Logo in Chat

Hi!

It would be cool if Xbox Viewers and Mobile App viewers had special symbols next to their name in chat. For example, Xbox Viewers have an Xbox logo beside their name and Mobile users have a cell phone beside their name so that streamers can better help them out or cater to their individual needs.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Don't End Beam Stream When Switching Xbox Games

One thing I tested when streaming on Beam directly from the Xbox is that if I switched games, the stream immediately ended. If I wanted to continue streaming on the new game I switched to, I had to restart the stream.

It would be awesome if when switching games, it could detect that and either A) at least pause the stream and resume when the new game is fully launched, or B) Just keep the stream going and change the relevant details on the stream.

This way, there'd be no interruption in the stream when game swapping, and would make…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can we get a !so (Shout Out) command within the platform (non-3rd party)?

Can we get a !so (Shout Out) command within the platform (non-3rd party)?

That way someone on xbox (for example) can type "!so @(username)" to have that other Beam profile information pop up in chat. We can expand and support other streamers that way.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow kinect camera to be cropped for broadcasts.

Allow cropping of Kinect camera when broadcasting on Xbox.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have BeamBot mention in chat that there is a Poll

The Poll option is great, but many people miss it because it's at the top of chat, where no one is looking. It'd be great if BeamBot could say "Poll started!" so people would know to look.

We get a Global notification when it ends, and that can be missed too since it's on the bottom of the screen. But having the bot mention it in chat where everyone is looking already would work great.

It could even say something like "Poll Started - Vote above!" or similar to indicate where the poll actually is.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Front Page - Automated/Manual/Scheduled Streamer Picks

Featuring on the Front Page is a joy and a privilege. It should definitely feel that way! But, those given that honor should also be responsible for representing Beam.Pro in a positive way.

I propose an opt-in system where users must read, understand, and accept certain quality content standards in order to be elgible for representation on the front page. Once accepted their channel is placed into an automated rotation. Streamers should be notified in someway of their being highlighted so they can be sure to abide by the agreement they submitted themselves to for that honor.

Manual over-ride. On…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. If you could make it so that when an achievement pops on Xbox One it also pops up in the chat. That would be aweoseme

If you could make it so that when an achievement pops on Xbox One it also pops up in the chat. That would be aweoseme

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base