Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Schedule

Be able to post a schedule on your channel home page. Oh and have a channel home page :D

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pop-up a "Family Friendly" notification on stream load.

Just like Mature channels have a pop-up when you join them, letting you know it's a mature stream, having an optional pop-up like this that tells new visitors "This is a Family Friendly stream", using green as the colors instead of orange.

It could be a check-box next to the Family Friendly/Mature drop-box, that is forced "on" if you select Mature.

This could be a good reminder for people to be mindful in chat, instead of me having to warn people when they come in and assume they can behave in a "mature" manner...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. preview window

For PC game streaming (for example, League of Legends) you can't pull the preview window to a second monitor. Make this an option

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Categories

Adding all types of Categories to Beam so you can find what you want to watch (specifically)
    On the Beam home page there is
    Featured - All Streamers - Up and Coming - Teams - Homes (mock image attached)
    Homes (or Categories) will drill down/animate another bar of all the homes that are a part of Beams Family
    All - PC - Console - Mobile - Creative - IRL - Music - Esports (and we can add in any others that are missing) and now the newly added Console Broadcasting!
    Any broadcaster can tag their stream to be in a…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to see following and followers on iso app???

How about the ability to see followers and following on the iOS app. Find it bizarre it doesn’t have it to be honest

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it so we can cut down videos within mixer

Hey, any chance you can make it so we can edit our videos before downloading them. I use my phone to edit and sometimes I dont have enough space to download the whole video stright to my phone. Plus it makes it so much easier when I can do this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notification to Xbox One activity feed when you start your Stream (PC too)

Twitch adds notification on Xbox One side on its activity feed when you are going to start your broadcast and also it adds notification when you have finished like "*** has broadcasted got 1 hours 44 minutes".

I believe that Beam will work similar way when it comes to Xbox One, but here is the challenge and what doesn't work with Twitch well or anymore at all:

When you are streaming your Xbox One game with Elgato and with PC it should also made that same notification on Activity feed at least for Xbox games like you would do it…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Chat log

A built in option to log the chat content in a simple textfile would be a gread addition to go through chat history!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ideas for improving Mobile!

Mobile suggestions:

• Ability to sub from mobile

• Ability to see viewer list from mobile

• Ability to see game streamer is listed under from within their stream

• To not have it start at highest quality when you enter stream (an auto option would be terrific)

• Ability to see Level & Sparks at all times. I don't think you can see level at all on mobile.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Beam Pro exclusive emotes

Having global emotes that are exclusive to Beam Pro users. Maybe faces of other staff members or Beam branded emotes? Would be nice additional incentive to become a pro user and more fun things to spam in chats!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It'd be nice if it would keep the game selected while you change from the "following" tab to "all streamers".

It'd be nice if it would keep the game selected while you change from the "following" tab to "all streamers".

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Volume bar and hotkeys

Volume bar is very short, difficult to control when increasing or lowering it slightly.
    Also, keyboard does not work, neither for skipping back or forth nor for pausing with space.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom emotes, local and global

non-partnered get 3 emotes that only work in their own chat. Partnered streamers get an additional 2 local emotes and 4 global emotes +1 per so many subscribers they have.

This gives partners incentive, but it makes the stream more personal for the non-partnered ones as well. This will really help smaller streamers with building a community and bigger streamers with spreading their community.

Maybe one emote per team as well that works in the chat of all members of the teams.

I personally love BTTV's local emotes. They brought for me the join back in streaming on twitch. It…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. a simple home page with friends and followers and games i watch. this home page is GARBAGE!!!!

a simple home page with friends and followers and games i watch. this home page is GARBAGE!!!! A page full of little screens that takes to long to load and keeps me from getting to what I want to do is SO VERY MICROSOFT! Thanks for telling me how to do it, rather than do it a way I like.... In russia, beam shows you what you want.... ****.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add an archive and record every previous stream

Add an archive so if you want to record a stream and save it you can archive it so people can watch it later

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. full screen

Not able to go full-screen in Xbox app. Even when clicking the full screen icon, chat is still viewable on the right-hand size. There needs to be a true full screen option.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Using Tab for Auto-Completion and Copy/Paste of Emojii

Hello!

As I'm sure most of us are aware; after the latest update (All of the #December stuff being pushed out) our much beloved auto-completion using the tab key is no longer functioning.

I humbly request that this feature be added back in. Using tab was the norm and many people (including myself) got used to it. Using tab will also prevent accidentally sending a message you aren't done typing. This is only the case if you are using the enter key for auto-completion. The enter key does work but it is a bit annoying.

Another thing I'd like to…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can you add an option to set defaults?

For example: being able to set it to have FTL off by default (when watching streams). I sometimes find myself in places with bad wifi and what is annoying is that the setting can take effectively forever to load, preventing me from turning FTL off

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adding 360 Games to be Able to Stream

Adding 360 games to the games you are able to stream. Me and my friends play a lot of 360 games on Xbox 1. And most of these games are really interesting. I think it should be an option to stream on 360 games.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. desktop split screen

split screening browser on 17inch laptop puts the website into mobile view cutting you off from watching vods. if you drag the browser to the right or left a hair it goes to normal site. its a bit annoying cause i watch/do everything in browser in splitscreen. a easy fix is to make the mobile trigger a hair smaller. or make it so you have the option to go to desktop view

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base