Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Marker added to VOD automatically when game title changes

When a streamer changes the game title, a marker should automatically be added to the VOD.

• Skimming through your VOD and finding that specific moment is simplified if you're a streamer that changes games frequently

• Beam could add a feature that exports just a specific game; say you pick 'Only Doom footage', then only the Doom part of the stream will be exported to YouTube or downloaded

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have someone that i don't want see the messages or when is online in the channel (and vice versa) .... even trying to ignore they keep at

I have someone that i don't want see the messages or when is online in the channel (and vice versa) .... even trying to ignore they keep attacking us, mentioning, etc... Reporting goes to an extent and the account is either banned or ignored and they are still on mixer doing the same thing to other streamers . We need a button to just ignore them so we can't see anything they type . Like a Block button .

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Chat Filter

I'd like to be able to have an official chat filter that replaces bad words with *** or whatever, so my channel can remain Teen rated - and those who accidentally slip a bad word into their message aren't completely censored

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Heather McKinnon responded

We plan on adding this feature in the future. No ETA just yet, but we’ll keep you updated once we have more info on this.

4. Password-protected Livestreams

Create a system to allow a user to make their stream viewable only when a password is inputted by the viewer. This would allow a close friends only livestream.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Channel Filter.

Channel Filter.

Avatar - requires users to have an avatar before being able to talk in the chat

Account Age - Requires users to have their account for a set about of time before being able to speak

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Larger emotes for messages only containing a single emote

Lots of chat applications on mobile have included the feature to change the colors of emotes and have also made it to where when a single emote is sent, the emote is much larger than including it in a sentence. I think this would be a good addition to the chat to help liven up the standard sizing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fixes to the Follower tab to better highlight hosted channels.

Please fix the hosted channels part of the Following tab.

Should say 'Hosted Channels' instead of 'Currently Offline'.

Should show the hosted live channel in the same way as the 'Streaming Now' channels appear but include a panel saying who out of the channels you follow are hosting them.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Audio

It would be great to have alternative options for audio output. I just figured out that I need to have my headset connected to hear the audio when I'm watching a stream with the "low latency" on. However if I turn off "low latency" the audio will come through my TV but at the cost of streaming quality. It would be great if we can watch a stream in high quality and have the audio come through the TV. Kinda sucks that I'm forced to have my headset on if I want to watch and hear a stream in high…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Android Splitscreen Background Playback

While this works partly right now, currently in when using the application in splitscreen, upon interacting with another window, the beam stream will be paused.
    This is inconsistent with for example, Youtube, as it continues to play the video and the user can continue using the other window without interruption to the video

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. can we get a host button for the mobile app

Can we get a host button the mobile app

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. user history

Sometimes users will be trouble makers over time. Would it be possible to add features like /history that will display timeouts and deletes in that stream over a given period of time (1 week or 1 month?) So if someone has consistently been timed out by other mods over the past week we can take more severe actions to eliminate future issues?
    Also /note would be good to add a note as to why someone was timed out or deleted. Not a requirement, but it will help share information among mods across from day to day.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Subscribe on behalf

Some people want to subscribe, but don't have the money right now! How about the ability to subscribe to a partner on behalf of another beam user?!

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a global troll list

There should be a way to have a global troll list where a person can be reported for trolling and then can be banned for an example on all channels if the streamer ops into the global troll list.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. OBS Classic Mixer service support!

Well since I use OBS Classic over OBS Studio, seems like the Classic version doesn't have no support for MIXER, I would love to stream on your platform but I can't because of no service connection.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to buy gift subscriptions

We should have the ability to buy a month to month gift subscriptions for other users, similar to the gift of pro for a month.

For example, I want to buy 1 month for a sub from gamewisp that cannot afford to buy on Beam this month for a recent partner. So I would like to pay for that for him. I currently cannot do that without signing into my paypal on his account. Now beam misses out on those funds.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Picture in Picture mode for co-streaming

It would be nice to have a picture in picture mode during co-streams, that way a viewer can maximize one stream while having a smaller view of the other streamer available. Maybe with an option to move the co-streamer picture around for better visibility.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Game and Stream Filters

While I have seen a few topics already started talking about filtering for gaming platform discovery, there is another area that should gather some attention. Being able to distinguish console from PC is important, especially when people come into chat and ask "is this on Xbox?", but what about the stream itself?
    There are those of us out there who prefer to watch a stream with or without a web cam, or even just no mic or webcam. I've had other streamers and viewers from my chat agree with me on this. When looking through "Up and Coming" or anywhere…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. mix

just a suggestion i know the community loved mixer works last time mixer launched and they would love them again this would be a celebration for all where the viewers could control the fireworks again on the 4th of July please vote up and comment if you think this would be a good idea

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Echo on co-op streams

Watching 4p co-op stream with Matt, Qwik, Magnetron and Rem-AG. But even though I've muted everybody, there is not only still voice but also echo. Force quitting the app and restarting don't help.

One other strange thing, is that when I start the stream on Qwik, the default mute is on everybody but Magnetron for somereason (and not Qwik).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pinned messages

I would love if there was an option to pin a "message" to the top of chat.

For example, If there was a change in schedule one day and some users don't use twitter, I can pin a message to the top of chat so when they come to my stream they can see the highlighted message.

Or a big announcement that has happened you can pin to the top, etc. etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base