Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support surround audio output from OBS

As a gamer using 7.1 Surround headsets, games that output to 7.1 have audio that sound like they are inside a tunnel or underwater. To fix this so the stream audio is not losing channels, I have to turn my own sound to stereo and I lose my lovely surround sound which is very advantageous and desirable on games like Siege, PUBG etc.

It appears Mixer RTMP supports 5.1 but FTL can only support 7.1
    It would be great to have 7.1 support for FTL which is downmixed to stereo for viewers so that us streamers aren't reducing our audio…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Attract PC viewers/players

I love Mixer as a concept and the website is truly awesome. The one thing that turns me and many others that I know away from the app and even moving from Twitch is the insane lack of PC content or viewers on the platform.

I'd love to see some streamers playing Overwatch and CS:GO but sadly the vast majority of your streamers and viewerbase is console based, which is awesome but also in my opinion completely cripples the platform as there are so many awesome small Twitch creators that would hop to mixer in a heartbeat if it promoted…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Super Chat

Youtube Super Chat is an amazing idea that you guys can expand on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chat feedback

So I can type smoother on twitch than here through my mobile keyboard and I can’t double tap my space button to create periods at the end of my sentences to separate multiple sentences more fluidly before I post messages. Would it be possible for you guys to take a look at that? Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. HypeZone for Fighting games

What's the possibility of seeing the HypeZone for fighting games? For me these are the hypest competitive games, and now would be a good time to highlight them, especially with the most important tournament of the world just around the corner. Or at least for some of the most popular ones (SFV, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Tekken 7, for example). Thanks for the consideration!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Able to change title of game on XBox

As a Mixer who changes the game he streams on a daily basis I find having to run upstairs to my computer to change what game I am streaming to be a real pain in the you know what

I suggest since you can change pretty much anything else you want to on XBox when it comes to your stream to let you change what game you are streaming as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mixer Pro Idea

A way that I think you could sell more Mixer Pro Subscriptions is to have it like a subscribe button on a channel and instead of giving the stream 50% of the money give them 50% to 25% or something like that. Because people would subscribe to support their favorite streamer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove inactive & bot/spam accounts

Mixer has been around for a while now.. starting off as "Beam"
    There are many daily users but at the same time there are many inactive users. There are a lot of inactive channels and bot/spam channels that have been created over the time and I think it's time Mixer removes them.
    Why you may ask?
    When people hear that a streamer is doing a giveaway they tend to go out and make multiple accounts so they can attempt to win the giveaway.
    What happens after the giveaway?
    The channels are there to never be touched again leaving multiple accounts…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Anchor Link Bookmarks in Channel Description

I would like to be able to add internal anchors and anchor bookmark links to the channel description that will jump to a relevant section when clicked. e.g. <p id="section_to_jump_to"></p> and <a href="#section_to_jump_to"> If someone asks a question that already has a detailed answer, it would be ideal to be able to post the bookmark link to that section directly, instead of having to tell people to "read the description" or otherwise type the same information again to explain it to them.

This would be useful to help explain features (link to the section that explains the feature), to remind…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Free sub

So I’m going to keep this as short as possible, but in terms of business there is always key factors that play in the decisions. It has to be a win for the company (Microsoft) a win for the consumer (viewers) and a win for the content creators (streamers). So my buddy and I created the idea of giving a free sub to those who purchase a game title on the Xbox market place/Microsoft store. Here’s how it works.

A consumer purchases a game title (New) of $29.99 or more and with that purchase they are given a promo code…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. biggest concerns about the new design...

there are two big concerns I have, the streams are smaller on the page right now, and the games that get on top of the page are not as many as ones on the older site

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Xbox new option "Stream All" : also stream ALL THE SOUND

The new feature "Stream All" is great, but dont stream all the sound. No system sound and no ONEGUIDE sound. If was possible stream that audio we can use Xbox to stream via HDMI IN other systems: Dreamcast, Raspberry pi, Switch...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Xbox new option "Stream All" : also stream ALL THE SOUND

The new feature "Stream All" is great, but dont stream all the sound. No system sound and no ONEGUIDE sound. If was possible stream that audio we can use Xbox to stream via HDMI IN other systems: Dreamcast, Raspberry pi, Switch...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scaling chat

The ability to adjust front size would be lovely. I watch streams on my 4k monitor and have a hard time reading chat. Scaling the browser up to 125%-150% remedies this but also breaks the rest of the site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Black ops 4 beta

My stream is being snowed out, camera and sound work but Black Ops 4 beta being blurred/snowed out

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. partnership or subscriber button for OG and hard working streamers

i have been using mixer from when it was beam, so i have been using mixer for many years. for the people that have been streaming for years and who have put hard work into their chanels you should have a program that can give us a chance with a partnership or subscriber button. i myself have worked hard to put out streams when i can as best as i can the fact that i get very little recognition for the many years of hard work is kind of dissapointing and i have been putting out less and less streams…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PC Streaming + PCZone + Promotions

Outside of mixer, the overall perspective of our platform still persists that we are either exclusively Xbox console, or that the community wont welcome/support anyone who is not Xbox console.

The PowerBuilds show is absolutely a step in the right direction, but more could be done, so here are a few concepts:

+ in "manage channel" tab, have a settings switch to select console/pc/mobile, and display a device icon to the viewer beside stream title.

+ enable a search option for viewers to look for and/or discover new streamers based on the device theyre streaming from.

(overall, not only would…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2byte character for Japanese

Is it a feedback, do you plan to use double-byte characters for user names? Japanese things have increased considerably, so I want a user name that can use Japanese

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)