Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search and Sort followed Streamers in Notifications section.

Since I have almost 60 pages of streamers I've followed listed in my notifications section. I'd love a way to search/sort them. Maybe show only those I've checked or similar. ty.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stream start date on VOD instead of "X days ago"

In the Past Broadcasts section, the VODs are labeled with "X days ago". It would be nice if there was a hover over that tells you the actual date.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When LIVE on PC, Xbox does not detect game & displays generic static image. Allow us to customize!

Currently, when Streamers (who also are on xbox) are live on PC, the XBOX App shows them live stream reverting to a default static image since the XBOX App does not detect what the PC player is currently streaming.

At the very least, we should allow streamers some control over the XBOX App Static Live image (Custom Images?), and at the MOST, set up a cross system detection that allows either the Xbox App to detect what the streamer is playing on PC

Thank you!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add spark-purchasable icons next to names in chat

Lots of people want the ability to change the color of their name in chat, but Matt and James have repeatedly said it's not the direction they want to go in for the chat experience. As an alternative, why not come up with a series of icons, similar to the Stanley icon that graces the Staff names, that can be purchased with sparks, and that a user can then choose to have adorn their name?

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add to ability to search for streams by genre

add to ability to search for streams by genre

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sync Mod Role to Discord

Allow an option to get users to synchronise their stream moderators to a role on Discord. This way, I could for example ensure all my moderators get a role and I don't have to manually moderate people, instead all they have to do is link their Discord account to Beam (which I believe the "Join my Discord server" button already handles) and then join the Discord. BeamBot will then automatically issue them with their "Moderator" role.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Xbox account balance

My idea is that viewers of someone's stream should be able to subscribe and tip/donate to their favorite streamers using an Xbox gift card or the money already in your account balance. I think this would help me and many of you wonderful people!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dashboard for Streamer / Moderator

We need similar Dashboard what Twitch nowadays offers:

1) Just small video area (won't eat so much CPU, streamer only wants to see that his stream is working)
    2) Good chat which scales and you can adjust every part location on dashboard (moving chat to left side etc)
    3) Viewers and current stream data

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to show off the sub icon for all your subscribed channels on your profile page

It would be great to be able to choose to show a widget on your profile page that shows off the sub icons of all the channels you subscribe to, and have each of them link to the corresponding partner. It'd be like a "gotta catch'm all" way to support streamers you love.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mod Chat Only

I was curious if there is any plans on an implementation of having a way for mods to have a private chat during streams? I understand using whispers, but accidentally whispering wrong people or forgetting to whisper when sending repeated messages to other mods is a concern sometimes. Having it in a tab with the viewer list and other options could allow mods to communicate more freely. This would be especially useful for co-streams. Thank you for all that the Mixer staff does.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Highlight your name when tagged in chat

When tagged with the @ symbol, it'd been nice to have it highlighted to be easier to read and see you got tagged. This is especially useful when all chat names (except staff, pro, mod etc) so you don't miss something.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. to be able to stream to facebook and youtube

to have your own live stream to your youtube account and facebook

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Friend's list

Make it easier to find your friends from box to the app by adding a friend's tab when you press your avatar pic in the top right hand corner or with the 4 main tabs. Also when you press the search icon you should be able to pick between a personal channel and a game channel.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Kinect Zoom Feature

Hope you all are doing well. Great job at E3! I am inquiring about if there will ever be an update with the ability to zoom with the Kinect like on Skype(auto/manual zoom). Unfortunately I am limited with my Kinect placement and my laptop is a potato which prevents me from using obs or xsplit. If not I can manage, it is not a big deal was just wondering. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this!

Graciously thankful,
    Niketic_Gaming

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Time Zone Modification

I noticed that when I look into my analytics I have a hard time determining actual times due to the fact that the default timezone is roughly 4-6 hours ahead of my own. Is there currently a way to alter my personal timezone via Manage Channel or My Profile? If not is it in the works? I know it is a small minute feature, however, I feel it will give Streamers a better idea of when their own peak times are and can make proper schedule changes without the extra labor of having to manually figure it out.

Thanks in…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mature rating needs to be adjusted so it does no consider 'Mature' to be 18+.

Mature rating needs to be adjusted so it does no consider 'Mature' to be 18+. Although games may be 'Mature' in nature, having them strictly be 18+ is limiting the potential audience. If you are streaming a game rated adult or mature, or a game with excessive gore/violence than teens who are 17+ are able to purchase ESBR rated M games so 18+ is really limiting the ability to attract a new audience.

As for nudity or sexualized content even if it is cartoonish you MUST set your stream to 18+ and I agree with that as well as it…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Would it be possible to develop a "Mini Player" for Mixer similar to "Mini Player for Twitch

Would it be possible for someone to develop a Browser Extension that allows for a Mini Player of Mixer Broadcasts? Similar to the Miniplayer for Twitch Extension which allows for a re-sizable screen that remains on top of all separate windows.

Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5.1 audio

I really loved being able to watch the Xbox briefing in 4K and HDR. The one thing that felt like it was missing (and also a big one for streaming in general) was the lack of 5.1 audio. Is there a way to have 5.1 audio streamed through Mixer? I am guessing it would add a bit of data to the stream, but the experience would be so much more immersive.

Thanks for reading this!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Streams from xbox one have only 720p max.

Hello there, is really cool idea to have an opportunity stream your game right from your xbox, I really like it but I notice that streams from xbox one even if you option it to high quality stream will be only 720p. I'm trying to increase popularity of beam in Russian community, but they don't like watch it in 720p. Can you bring 1080p to xbox one? Or at least to XBOX ONE X?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. TEAMs

Hello @everyone!

After streaming for a year and a half, I finally found my home! BEAM is so sweet and I couldn't be happier now...well, except for what I'm about to speak of. Haha.

Since being on BEAM, I've been really pump about the TEAM page and the possibilities...such a great opportunity!

I'm going to list a couple things here that I feel are a must have for the TEAM pages to flourish, some have been mentioned, but I really think they are on point.

1. Activity Feed: I think this is the most important. Lets say you have 10 looking…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base