Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Beam Bot AutoMod

Twitch just released this today, if you could have something similar to the automod on Twitch, that would be awesome! I still am Beam primary, but that would make Beam even better!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get verified! :D

So I asked this on Mixer's Twitter "is there a chance that the eldest members can get verified too?"
    I would like to propose that! The eldest members get a badge or medal like in player.me but saying something like "Verified Mixer Member" or "Verified Mixer Veteran Member"

Thanks for reading,
    hugs, Ed!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add "Days Remaining" to the username change field

You can only make changes to your username every 30 days. Fair enough, but when I wanted to change just the capitalization of my username (PRTech to PRTECH) I was told it couldn't be done and "Just a bit of advice if you plan to change something, please think it all the way through."

I asked if they could tell me how many days I had left until I could change it again, and support had no idea. Adding a countdown or something that says "X days remaining" would be a bigger help than your support was.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Restream

Allow Restream.IO access to the Faster Than Light Protocol, allowing us to stream to Beam with FTL, and stream to Twitch using the slower streaming service at the same time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom channel background

please add the ability to upload custom channel backgrounds

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add channel & friends page to mobile app

• Add a channel profile page to the mobile app

• Add a friends / following page to the mobile app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Loyalty Tiers For Secret Emotes

Essentially, enable viewers to unlock secret emotes on your channel, only after they have subbed for so many months. Like say someone subs to you for 4 months, and they unlock a special emote. And another at say 10 months!

This will encourage and incentivize people to STAY subbed.

The back end of it shouldn't be too complex. You could have a drop down menu next to emotes and say "Restrict Until Month 4" etc.

Hope that made sense! This thought hit me of yesterday along with a REALLY good idea for my own secret emotes.

Thoughts?!

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. sub and follow

There should be a Follow and SUB button to partners you feature in Chanelone, so the viewers could follow and sub to that partner straight from that page, the same when you host someone else there are those options on screen. thank you Mi><erLove

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. polls

Bring back the poll notification sounds \o/ Polls are used for a ton of stuff in channels, and people lurk a lot and don't notice if a poll is going on without a sound attached to it.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Slow mode timer/Message limit

When I was in the Xbox stream during E3, I was able to send one message every 5-6 minutes. However, when I first started chatting, I didn't know there was a limit until a red bar showed up saying "Please wait a few minutes to send another message" or something to that effect.

It would be nice and absolutely helpful to know how long it is until a user can send a message in chat instead of waiting and guessing when we can send a message in chat, whether it be a timer or some indication of how long it…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Game Search Function in App

The ability to search by text, in the mobile app, for a specific game instead of choosing from a list based on viewers. Also a platform filter(pc, xbox, etc) would be a great addition.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. You guys need to put in a block feature , and I don't mean Mod time outs and bans.

You guys need to put in a Block feature ASAP , don't mean Mod time outs and bans. Most Mods abuse the power from what I see and that's fine free country and all that but I should be able to block a person so just I don't see them. You aren't going to last long with things the way they are. Also Xbox linked accounts can't change pics etc. even when we are on our PCs. so get on that as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Viewing Resolution

I rather wish I had the option to choose my preferred viewing resolution in my settings. I have particularly slow internet, and often, I'll try to load a stream, but the stream's bitrate will be too high at the "source" bitrate for me to load the stream enough to even see the settings gear, to lower the stream's resolution, so that I may watch. Thus, without being able to lower a stream's resolution, often, I cannot watch, at all, and must choose a different stream with lower initial "source" bitrate, which will give me the opportunity to choose "480" instead…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A block user button

A block butten or setting is need so users can block other users so that they can't interact with others or see their profiles

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. low latency (FTL) eats up performance

Most streams don't load or take ages when FTL is on. Turned of all is fine. Make an option bound to account or cookie to remember or globally set of this feature. Happens to me with FireFox and Edge on different PCs, even high end segment. On windows phone no chance at all, because settings button is missing.Also connection types don't matter.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spoiler Notification

Since everyone is streaming games the idea of spoilers comes up a lot in the chatroom. Either talking about a game the streamer previously hosted or the current game. Some users who missed the stream do not want to read about a spoiler so we are forced to limit the chat. It would be nice if there was a spoiler tag that we could use that would display a "Spoiler" message where you could not read it without either hovering over the text or highlighting the text.

Not sure if this is easy to implement into your chat system but…

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. save co stream

Be able to save the co-stream when playing with friends. I played a few OW games last night on Xbox and friends of mine were streaming with me. I could see on my PC the multi streams all on the same viewing and it looked great. I would love to be able to capture that entire video as it would be a nice way to post on youtube or show highlights of a play from multiple players and angles without having to manually download each stream and cut the clips together.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adding the SternFinger emote

Enter this SternFinger emote as a global emote for all beam viewers!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Account Security Log

It should have things like logon history, logon ip, last channels visited, oauth stuff thats active, etc.

Basically this should be the page to go to if someone thinks their account is compromised

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have this today for our administration team and will work to expand access to account owners to evaluate their own account activity for security in the future.

No current timeline on this feature, but absolutely something we want to do.

20. French community for mixer channel

How create a pathway for increase french community for mixer channel ? (sorry, my english is not good but i'm progress)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base