Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Co-Stream Splitscreen in full screen mode

When watching a Co-Stream in full screen make it like splitscreen so we can watch every streamer instead of just one of them. Maybe let us choose if we want keep aspect ratio so we see 2 or 3 little pictures side by side (and one beneath) or cut of sides to fill the screen of 16:9 and wider with both.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. rating

Stream ratings should be displayed on the browse page (via icon or some other indicator). The user should not have to click on a stream only to find out it's rated mature and have to go back and find another stream to watch. Also this would help streamers who have a family friendly audience to pick fellow FF streamers to raid.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I believe Mixer should have two sides when it comes to choosing a new stream to watch. The labels would be "Top Views" and "Low View

I believe Mixer should have two categories when it comes to streaming. These categories go along the lines of how Mixer is already set up. The highest viewed channels are at the top of the list and the channels with the lower views are near the bottom.
    The two categories can be called, "Top Views" and "Lower Views." The reason I bring this to the table is because I'm a newer streamer myself and I find some days where I will stream for 5-8 hours and just get my regulars that come in from time to time. It makes growing…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better Discord Integration

I believe Discord and Beam could work really well together if they had a few extra features like Twitch does.

• I'd love to see Beam having a streaming status, like twitch that displays what the user is streaming under their name, this works great on Twitch.

• Secondly, having a beam connection on Discord would help with discovery such as in here https://gyazo.com/6ae4b74246a7afa7694fa1baa8e236cc .

• Along with the second option, twitch subs that link their discord can directly access their streamers discord such as here https://gyazo.com/67211fde78db457a5ee46b51fa73afc9 > I think it'd be awesome to have this with Beam partners too!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Follower only chat

Restricting the chat to "followers only" would be extremely beneficial to removing trolls, unwanted raids, and unwanted attention. It would also heavily encourage follows.

Currently there are no bots that allow for this either, so why not make it a native feature?

I realize that followers only can be rather limiting, but this suggestion was actually from someone who is "HUGE" on twitch and gets hundreds, if not thousands, of people chatting at once. They are able to (somehow) limit it to followers only to stifle the spam to an extent. Their reason for not wanting to try Mixer was…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mixer site on my own language without settings

I'm glad you finally support many languages with my language Japanese.

But you let us to change language settings on my account page.
    I want to see mixer site without settingss.

For example, we don't needed anything to see xbox.com without any language settings. I don't know what makes it, but I think mixer can also do it.

I know once I change language settings I can see it on my own language, but this feature is neccessary for those who visit mixer for the first time.

English website is not so popular for young people in our country because…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ftl option in account settings.

Can we get FTL on/off setting in account settings? Using phone stream never loads to that point that I can change quality and disable ftl. Then I want ftl I can change it back on the video.

Video buffers forever, and options for quality never appear.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add an option to make a beam user a [BOT]

As like discord, we need an option to make a user a bot, so that streamers and users watching the stream know that its a bot and running a program and not a real user.

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  23 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a profile and VOD page on Xbox app

I think it would be so amazing if you added VOD profile page on Xbox. And being able to see your profile and maybe edit on it as well? Thank you!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Streaming on Youtube with Mixer

I want to start this letter by saying I have an idea. What if streamers could stream on Youtube using Mixer, a stream inside of another stream?

Now, this idea may seem like a loophole, why don't I stream straight to Youtube using a streaming service. Well, I don't really trust using other streaming software, like OBS, and I would really just prefer using Mixer, Mixer is fun and easy! All you have to do is implement a feature into Mixer which lets you paste the Youtube Stream Key into the Mixer Stream Key area.

You may be thinking, doesn't…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Move Age Rating to the top

Move Age-Rating from the bottom to the top of the stream, so people can see the rating before they chat. This would help people to see that easily instead of scrolling down and checking that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Follow all streamers at once during a co-stream via the Xbox App.

Ability to follow ALL streamers in a 'Co-Stream' at once while viewing from the Xbox App.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Emotes

You could create exclusive time limited emotes, maybe even emotes created by famous artists or streamers, or just utilize other streamers emotes to also gain them visibility. People already use emotes as a lure to subscribe.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Game filter

If you put terreria on the game filter because terreria is a very popular game and when 1.3 comes out on Xbox in the next few weeks people will wanna watch it and live stream it including me please add terreria

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Kid friendly mixer

I would like mixer rethink the under 13 age restriction, I feel a kid safe part of mixer would be really nice. With the xbox launch mixer now has a younger audience to think about. Instead of banning them maybe we can provide them entertainment as well. I currently stream family friendly Minecraft daily with my son on xbox one and we tend to attract a younger audience than most channels and that is why I bring this up
    If it were a thing you could have a kids approved streamer tab and on the xbox app parents could restrict…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Xbox settings

There should be more xbox settings, xbox is very limited on customisation for streams, it should have as equal setting from mobule, like chatbot, VoDs, & more chat commands. There should also be a way to add stuff on screen, or even add diffrent types of bots, that activate in certain situations (doing it without other programs) this would make people who stream on xbox, make there stream more interactive, and fun. :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. please allow us to upload to you tube

It would very much help me out because this
    would help without the expenses of buying a set up and video software
    or editing software

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CHANNEL TWO helping small streamers

It will Just be Like channel one but for non partnered and streamers that get little or no views . i know you have the rising stars but this would help people grow

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Partner Tag like Pro tag

Partners love to watch other streamers and it would be cool to have a Tag like Pro where a Partner can be tagged as a Partner so people can feel comfortable asking questions or just chatting along with them. It also makes it so a Partner can lurk and enjoy a stream without needing to be drawn attention to.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add it to xbox 360

y does xbox one always have to get the good stuff like streaming when the people with xbox 360 cant do anything can u plz add this to xbox 360 so we can live stream games up here to

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base