Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sub Notifications

Hi! I lost the three day the notification popup stays up for (re)subs... Please consider keeping this notification open for a whole month or so. At least more than three days!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to auto hide sound board/interactive controls

Personally I don't always use the interactive controls and I find myself toggling it off the moment I open up a channel with it on. I like the resolution of the stream to be a bit larger personally and the interactive board tends to take up quite a bit of space.

I'm not saying remove it but in our account settings maybe give an option to auto toggle it off when opening a channel.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. constand bitrate

The automatic quality setting on the XBOX causes a fluctuating streaming quality.
    A fixed bitrate would help here.
    My suggestion: give us advanced settings for broadcast with resolution and bitrate

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Paying for sub and or Donate with xbox gift cards?

this would be so cool and id think way more people would sub if there is a wayto pay for subs with xbox giftcards so much more people would be subs or donate money.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. streamer sees all whispers

Is there a way for the streamers and/or mods to see every bodies whispers in the chat

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Partnered Emotes for Bots

It was be awesome if partners could have the ability to use their emotes on their bot without having them sub to the channel. I know there are partners out there that do this by either subbing to themselves or using their monthly sub code instead of giving it away.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Xbox live gold partner

Provide Xbox Live Gold to Beam partners so the Xbox and Beam community link can be strengthened and it's easier to show off Xbox games while casting.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Timed-out Indicator

As a moderator, I'd like to see an indication in the viewer list of a user's timed-out duration (remaining). I'd like this to be only visible to mods. It helps when a channel has multiple mods to see what another mod has done, and not accidentally ban someone who just needed timed-out. It also helps to know when a potential 'troublemaker' may be re-entering chat and to be doubly prepared.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Prevent Mobile Redirect

Prevent automatic redirect from the mobile website, only to. The mobile website is simplistic and a great way to watch streamers without being distracted by chat.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. FIX these Bug(s)

I hope i am not the only one who is having these issues.
    here are the bugs im encountering.
    1) For Example, I'm watching BlahBlah1 stream. i enjoy its content, and spend few hours on Blah1, eventually i get bored and go into the game section of mixer. even though IM no longer on Blah1 stream. I can still hear Blah1.
    2) Still refering to Blah1 as an example.
    i found another streamer. i will call Blah2, i can hear Blah1 "bleed" into blah2 stream.

3) while watching Blah1 and Blah1 decides to stop broadcasting, mixer will literally freeze. I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Would be cool to have a picture in picture option for Xbox so you could watch a stream and play a game at the same time @Xbox @WatchMixer

Would be cool to have a picture in picture option for Xbox so you could watch a stream and play a game at the same time

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. indie

Add a new game type that simply encompases all indie games, simply called 'Indie Games' to allow an entire section for small developers.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mixer Create - Face Cam Console Integration

I would like to be able to use my iPhone instead of my Kinect as my face cam via the mixer create app (i.e. Stream a game on my Xbox, but use mixer create as the camera)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mixer Create App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Save VOD to OneDrive

Have the ability to automatically save VOD's to your OneDrive (or other cloud services).

You can do this on the Xbox One already with the Game DVR. Figure this would be a neat addition since Mixer is part of the Microsoft ecosystem.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable Co-Stream

Just add the option to completely turn off co-stream when watching any stream, some people (like me) don't have fast internet connections and can't handle that amount of data, and pausing streams don't prevent that data stream, it still downloads it on the background.

And it would help too to prevent really small stream windows without having to use fullscreen and lose the ability to chat

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Move the minimize interactive button

The interactive minimize button seems to overlap on the interactive part for users on a smaller screen. It would help users if you would move the minimize button below interactive so they don't waste sparks on an interactive button when trying to minimize it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make whispers have their own box

I really like how twitch does its whispers. Having a separate area for sending/receiving prevents one from accidentally sending a whisper to the wrong person, or broadcasting it in chat.

283 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are some exciting opportunities to leverage Xbox Live’s persisted chat infrastructure to help us build out an awesome Beam messaging/whispering/alerting system, and we’re evaluating the best “Beam friendly” way to present this now. No ETA on a release, but would love feedback on this feature.

18. Can you add a TTS translator for voice texting so I can listen to the texting

When you don't have to wear your earphones and you're away from the monitors to read text you need a t t s translator for voice texting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Song Requests and Combining categories into one

Good day to all! The God of Rock dropping in aka ThePsyCrow.

One important item I believe that should be added to Mixer is Song Requests integrated with Mixer, either though the interactive portion or though hype bot.

Musicians and those like myself who take song requests, it would be incredibly ideal for viewers to spend sparks or make a request with the click of a button.

Not only that but also have multiple options for requesting, or benefits that can come from it from long time viewers or those who want to utilize their sparks or time in a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Gif support for user avatars

Add gif support for user avatars, so when in chat you can show your swag with moving pictures. i feel like this could really bump the ability for users to personalize their account. scroll over to check out a new streamer? curious about them? oh, but whats this!? their avatar MOVES! this is amazing.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base