Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can we get a !so (Shout Out) command within the platform (non-3rd party)?

Can we get a !so (Shout Out) command within the platform (non-3rd party)?

That way someone on xbox (for example) can type "!so @(username)" to have that other Beam profile information pop up in chat. We can expand and support other streamers that way.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow kinect camera to be cropped for broadcasts.

Allow cropping of Kinect camera when broadcasting on Xbox.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have BeamBot mention in chat that there is a Poll

The Poll option is great, but many people miss it because it's at the top of chat, where no one is looking. It'd be great if BeamBot could say "Poll started!" so people would know to look.

We get a Global notification when it ends, and that can be missed too since it's on the bottom of the screen. But having the bot mention it in chat where everyone is looking already would work great.

It could even say something like "Poll Started - Vote above!" or similar to indicate where the poll actually is.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Front Page - Automated/Manual/Scheduled Streamer Picks

Featuring on the Front Page is a joy and a privilege. It should definitely feel that way! But, those given that honor should also be responsible for representing Beam.Pro in a positive way.

I propose an opt-in system where users must read, understand, and accept certain quality content standards in order to be elgible for representation on the front page. Once accepted their channel is placed into an automated rotation. Streamers should be notified in someway of their being highlighted so they can be sure to abide by the agreement they submitted themselves to for that honor.

Manual over-ride. On…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Audio only streams in lockscreen

It would be great if I could put my phone into lockscreen when I'm just listening to a stream.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. delay

You need to add an option to put a delay in your stream for games like madden where your opponent could just watch your stream and see the play you picked in real time. You need a 30-60s delay so they cannot do that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Clip

Have an button like twitch that records 30 seconds backwards and be able to download the 30 seconds to your PC

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Team name in title

Like Twitch as the team name in the title I think it would be cool if Beam offered that.

Ex: Cptfive3oh playing "No Man's sky" on "DirtySquad"

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fullscreen/Mute hotkeys

Keyboard shortcuts / hotkeys for things like go Fullscreen' [F], or Mute stream [M].

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We need a game dev category for us game developers who like to stream pls

We need a game dev category for us game developers who like to stream. Currently, we can use Design or Development, but I think having a Game Development category would help bring those interested in that category to our stream channels.
    Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. NEW BEAM DASHBOARD and Smoother stream quality

I would love to see a Beam Dashboard for watching & communicating with the viewers. I'd also like to see the analytics merged with it. Also I notice a little buffer problem when watching streams. I think this needs to be addressed to prevent viewers from leaving someone's stream due to quality. Keep up the great work BeamTeam!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. notifications

Create a Bot that will start streaming and end streaming every 15 minutes so that we as viewers can verify that our devices are working with Notifications. When we're done testing that it works or doesnt work we will unfollow said bot.

Its a little frustrating when having all notifications on my iPhone/iPad and never getting told that my favorite streamers are broadcasting. The only time I notice now is if the streamer is streaming to Twitch AND Mixer because my Twitch notifications actually work.

Its been months since my notifications actually worked. Email stopped a while back to after…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Korean Language Support

I am pretty sure this is where I would post Language Support. We should have the Korean Language support added on here. Especially having the username system support the language as well. Another thing we could add if that hasn't been added yet is a Language Audience we can set in our channel so when users join and their language isn't of the stream settings it will let them know which audience it is pointed to. For those who welcome all forms of language in the channel can set it to universal or even select the languages they are most…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add an easy way to undo the "Remember this option" for 18+ channels

So, I use Edge browser, and even with this new "December" update, Edge and not even Firefox is exactly bugfree to use with Beam.

I was having problems loading channels, and I wanted to test if it had to do with the message saying "This stream is for mature audiences only
    Please only continue if you’re eligible to view this content. "

And while now most channels seem to work fine, I wish I could undo "remember this option".
    I didn't think it was linked to my account once I clicked that.

My problem is I just did it as…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If you could make it so that when an achievement pops on Xbox One it also pops up in the chat. That would be aweoseme

If you could make it so that when an achievement pops on Xbox One it also pops up in the chat. That would be aweoseme

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Verified Channel

Resent news with Xbox / MS ther have been alot of new channels that have Microsoft in it to get more viewers. Since ppl thend to think those are the real microsoft accounts.

A option to get a Verify tag on your account/channel as Twitter / Player.me doing wold be a good thing for beam altso.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ignore

Be able to have a feature that allows us to completely ignore a person site wide in all chats.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide stream from the browse page

Add an ability to hide one's stream from the "browse" page (gotten to by scrolling down on the front page of the beam site). Random people keep trying to join our Jackbox games when we're streaming specifically for our friend group only, so being able to prevent that would be nice.

Tl;dr implement a "Private stream" feature, that only people with the link can access.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello Mixer Team, I am wondering if you guy's would be willing to add a global Mixer emote similiar to HeyGuys on twitch. Thanks

Hello Mixer Team,

I am wondering if you guy's would be willing to add a global Mixer emote similar to HeyGuys on twitch. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Auto tweet stream live

If your twitter is linked, you should be able to have your stream auto-tweeted with your custom message when you go live.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base