Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skills and season 2 for non partnered streams

So with Season 2 now revealed and the new usage of sparks which only benefit partners, I was thinking about a system for non partnered streamers.

Basically people would use the skills as normal, but instead of a cash payout, non partnered streamers would get a % of the sparks spend from users into their own sparks account.

The reason behind the % instead of the full amount of sparks is because sparks now has a real life $ value.

As I've seen many point out, having sparks set on your Mixplay board or for people in general to use…

316 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Mixer App/Do not force dashboard use

I am very displeased with the upcoming changes involving the removal of the Xbox Mixer app. I was unable to find the streamer I was looking for the other day without typing out their entire username, which I find to be a complete waste. Today I noticed there is a following button, but this still only appeared to show who was live.

Moving beyond that initial bit, today I also found I was unable to subscribe to someone within the app... This nearly contributed to me not subbing to a streamer. Obviously the button could still be active if it…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Background Audio for iOS App

Every time you switch away from the app to text or check Twitter or do anything else on your iPhone, the stream audio stops and does not play in the background. It’s super annoying.

I understand the implications with earning Sparks and all that, but I can’t imagine it’d be that difficult to say you don’t earn sparks with background audio active.

Thanks!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Warzone Hypezone

There needs to be Hypezone for Warzone. Blackout still has one and it hardly gets viewers. This would help small streamers on Warzone that have talent.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Xbox App vs Xbox dashboard functionality

on Xbox App i get a notification when starting up that says "This Mixer app is going away soon" so i use this app because it has more option to monitor my profile or stats. this app allows you to see what level you are, how many sparks or embers you have, better chat interface with ability to go full screen without chat.. also allowing you to see previous chat that happened before joining a channel.. the XBOX version built into the system HAS NONE OF THIS FUNCTIONALITY!!!! WHY would you get rid of the app when the Xbox is…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Using Sparks on official channels for charity.

So many people donate sparks to the official Xbox channels and they go to waste so I was wondering if instead they could go to charity.
    Pick a charity like Extra Life and have all sparks from all official Xbox channels go to them instead of going to waste.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pokemon Accessibility and Discovery on Mixer

Can Mixer please fix what games appear when you search 'Pokemon' Most of the official pokemon games don't appear and the newest games like sword and shield as well as sun and moon are no where to be seen. If they could remove the fake pokemon games and replace them with the real games that'd be pretty good for pokemon streaming on mixer as a whole.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Ultra Sun/Moon, X/Y, Leafgreen/FireRed, Black/White, Black/White Version 2, ORAS(Omegaruby/alpha sapphire), Sword/Shield All need priority on the search “Pokemon” on mixer.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mixer Affiliates

I really enjoy the Mixer Season 2. However I am a LITTLE bummed that nothing new was presented to smaller streamers to hype them up.

I honestly feel the sparks as a form of monetization for smaller streamers as well could potentially be the start of some sort of Mixer Affiliate program.

Yes, I can now use my sparks to support "my favorite content creators" but at least half of my favorites are not even partnered.

We love you Mixer, but don't forget about us little folk trying to work our magic on the platform.

304 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ClipTok

Imagine a section of the mobile app designed as a clip directory system for Mixer that is similar to social media but geared towards gaming/irl content from the partners. Basically, a comparable TikTok algorithm but from clips Partners post and only found on Mixer. This would create a (as one of the engineers put it) "snackable" style of content, promoting channels and spreading popular content amongst the community. People could scroll through 15-60 second long clips, like and share just like they would watch people dance and lip sync on TikTok. That would focus our content on the right audience…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Re activate the mobile browser login

Recently they deactivated the mobile log in to the website, please bring this back as it was really useful as I can only have 1 stream open with the app and on the browser I could have multiple tabs open, helps when modding and supporting other streamers by giving them a viewer as well, also I could use low latency and on the apps ( both. ) I cannot use FTL as my phone does not support it but does on the website

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Not much, I can write more, but you won’t do it either.

Add a full Russian language(and other)
    Make a normal design(it's simple, return it as it was)
    Return hype zones so that they can be seen
    Bring back interesting games with remote control(So that they are easy to find in a separate section)
    Return the loot
    Make the teams visible (on the home page)
    Add feedback on how tech support works
    Display followers like on Twitter
    don't be like a twitch
    Make two-factor authentication via mail and SMS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mods opting in and out of green status

Mixer could have a feature where mods could choose not to appear green unless opting in. This would give mods an opportunity to just enjoy the stream some days.

Sometimes when you start a stream with a lot of green names in chat it can discourage a casual viewer from being active in chat.

We could have a command such as /modoptout which temporarily takes away the green name until they type /modoptin. All of these commands could be whispered to avoid confusion in chat.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Consistent Renew button experience

Currently, there are two different experiences for Subscribing to a partner (at least on PC).

Subscribe - Appears when user is subbing for the first time, or if their subscription runs out.

Renew - Appears when user's subscription is almost expired (up to 0 days remaining).

Currently, the Subscribe experience works well by giving users different methods of payment (PayPal, Credit Card, Gift Code).

But, the Renew experience is jarring. It opens a modal that only allows the user to resub through the Microsoft store. Not only that, when the user tries to look for other methods to resub by…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. For Awareness: Helping Puerto Rico in Earthquake Relief Efforts

Would like for Mixer to assist and help out with Puerto Rico after the earthquake relief as well. I saw that we are helping Australia but nothing for Puerto Rico. The year 2020 dawned on the people of southwestern Puerto Rico with a 6.4-magnitude tremor on the Ritcher scale, the largest in a chain of earthquakes, some 1800, that began on December 28.

There are several options on assisting the island and I will not choose for the platform but I will raise a voice towards this. I assisted in also Hurricane Maria and raised over $300 and added another…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Missing a month when subbed to a channel

Everyone takes pride in the fact that they have subbed to a channel for 12 months, 24 months, 36 months even. The streamers are proud and the community is proud! What happens when a viewer runs into hard times? Sometimes life is more important and you have to do what you have to do to keep a roof over your head or your electricity on. You end up having to skip a month to ensure life matters are taken care of. What happens to your sub record? it gets wiped out and you reset back to 1 month! This is…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Microsoft Rewards (Embers)

Since now we can buy subs with points why not be able to buy embers with points

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dashboard: Analytics : Viewers from outside Mixer and Viewers that came from other channels

Dashboard: Analytics : Viewers from outside Mixer and Viewers that came from other channels

Hi, i would like to recomend we could add in the analytics a tab where we could see the ammount of viewers that came from other channels (and the respective channels) and if we have viewers too from outside mixer (like a website hosting the stream)

In attachments i sent an example of that situation on other streaming platform

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streamer Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mixer xbox dashboard Add full list games

I have been looking trought the top and all game lists on the dashboard tab and I dont like the fact that it only goes so far down the list that not everything is shown last game I saw had 17 viewers! When I stream a game sometimes I stream games that no one else does and I have around 2 viewers as minimum at the beginning but how can I gain more if people cannot find me in the game list? So can you guys make sure that the list there has all the games in it like your…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. DO NOT REMOVE XBOX APP

The current way of viewing Mixer is the way it should remain. Please do not, I repeat DO NOT remove the Mixer app! I respect trying to integrate it into the dashboard however it is way too clunky.

Everything i have ever praised about Mixer, all of the reasons that make it better than the rest, gets stripped away without the app. It is slow loading, opposite of smooth. It feels like pulling teeth trying to use the new hub for mixer. I understand it is new and in time im sure it will improve. However i feel like this…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Disable all notifications for channel if you stop following it.

This might be a short-lived bug, but I recently discovered that I was getting web notifications for a channel which I no longer follow. I decided that I no longer wanted to follow a channel, however, every time they go Live I get a web notification about it.

This is problematic because with the current, paginated Notifications Settings page, you can only view the channels you're currently following, with no option to search for the channel's name (as you have to click-through a potentially loooooong list of pages for names to find it, which it will not exist within).

If…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base