Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add functionality to clear the "Game you're streaming" field

As someone who frequently hops onto new and/or pretty small Indie games (as well as some bigger games), that are not yet in the Player.me or Beam databases, I'd like to be able to set my currently streamed game to null as to not having to stream under a different game or a tag like "Podcast".

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 360

I would really like to be able to stream interactive 360 videos and be able to take advantage of this new technology. I thought it would be a really cool idea

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Beam bot

Use BeamBot to mark a highlight on the VOD. Use a command like !mark to put a timestamp on the VOD for easy editing and highlight making.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Artwork Showcase in the forums

Why not an Artwork Showcase in the forums, just like there is a Developer Showcase!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow streamers to give away there sparks in stream giveaways.

Allow streamers to use their spark balance as a giveaway feature.

For Example:
    I have 68.4k Sparks, I want to get rid of some by giving them away to viewers in my channel. So therefore I can host a giveaway then do a command like /send {Username} [Amount of Sparks]

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add a yearly sub for beam pro

Please add a yearly subscription option for beam pro

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. DVR

What is it?
    DVR Function

Watching so intently that you forgot the hot dogs have been boiling for 20 minutes? Then this feature is needed DVR feature allows you to pause, rewind, and play from any point in the stream. Once you resume playing, the Stream will start from where you hit pause, so you won't miss a thing.

How does DVR work?

Pause: Click the pause button when you need to take a break.

Play: Once you're ready to begin watching again, click the play button
    and the stream will begin streaming again from where you left off.

Seeking:…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change the fullscreen borders (colors) to black

Change the fullscreen borders (colors) to black

I'm talking about this --> http://i.imgur.com/hl9wjKB.jpg

plz fix the borders i kinda get sick watching it. or atleast a profile option to turn it off.

and the stream vanishing effect after exiting the fullscreen mode
    is disorienting. i think it would be better without any flash effect.

Another suggestions: would be having donations/info exactly below the streaming frame. (flip option)

thx in advance.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. male or female

Is it possible to have the option to include male or female symbol next to our name in chat?

A lot of viewers and streamers pronounce my name as Dennis Chip (DeniseChip) and guess that I am male. I am not. Denise is a female name and not a well known at that.

I do not want to embarrass anyone by correcting them all the time but this would certainly help with unusual names that are not recognised as male or female.

I personally think a male/female symbol next to our names would be a good idea to stop any…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Lazy tab autocomplete improvement

I like being able to just type a name in and press tab to complete it, similar to twitch, we do already have this in the system, but I believe it could be improved based on other implemenations on other sites.

It would be handy to have someone's name partly typed in, lacking an AT. However, when someone presses tab, as well as providing the useful suggestions/completions, also prepend the at to the name, so that the user can be notified accordingly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. embed links

When the description of a stream is a bit longer, it shows the full description when the link is embed (test on Discord), which looks really really weird. Couldn't we decide or use something like the twitter:cards?

Because when i send my channel url to someone the description expands to the maximimum :/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add spark-purchasable icons next to names in chat

Lots of people want the ability to change the color of their name in chat, but Matt and James have repeatedly said it's not the direction they want to go in for the chat experience. As an alternative, why not come up with a series of icons, similar to the Stanley icon that graces the Staff names, that can be purchased with sparks, and that a user can then choose to have adorn their name?

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hello My name is NoWiredGaming or Robby for my first name i have an idea for you guys for beam if u take in ideas :) My idea is for the leve

Hello My name is NoWiredGaming or Robby for my first name i have an idea for you guys for beam if u take in ideas :) My idea is for the level system or points that u gain in time why not have it where u can ash in or used your levels or points to get notice more often in the ranks of beam ? say u used 300 points that 300 points be on recommended channels for like 3-5 hours when u are streaming so that people notice you and want u to watch more so the points…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Accept Bitcoin as Payment Method

Accept Bitcoins as Payment Method

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a "Creative" Category for streamers!

A "Creative" category would be an awesome addition to Beam! In the category people could draw, photoshop, paint, create music, etc.!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Gamifying for gamers

You have XP for leveling up, how about some items?!

To encourage watching streams, how about giving users/viewers a series of items to unlock and collect, items are reminiscent of favorites from the last 30+ years of gaming.

It will work similar to Sparks but items will be distributed at random and not at a set time duration, the better the item, the more rare it is that it will drop.

Every user will have a Backpack that will serve as the inventory for all the items.

Users can trade items with each other or sell/buy them for Sparks, another…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Public Bug Tracker

Think it would be hugely beneficial if we had a public bug tracker using Jira or something similar where the community can report bugs and monitor whether their progress.

Would help in ensuring bugs are tracked, try to prevent multiple people mentioning the same bug, and would also enable people to add comments on how to produce the harder bugs!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Interactive labels / tags

I think it would be nice if we could label interactive streams not only with the game that's played there but also with what kind of interaction the user can expect.

Either if it's interaction with soundboards, a moderated hybrid-like stream, where users can interact while the streamer also interacts with the game (like in Minecraft streams) or something like fully automated streams (like Youplay) where the users alone have control over what happens.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Increase Maximum Streaming Bitrate

Currently there seems to be a cap of 3500 Kbit/s when streaming with rtmp. I use OBS because of its hardware encoding capabilities and have an upload bandwidth of 10000 Kit/s.

Since hardware encoders aren't as efficient as software encoders I have to use a higher bandwidth for comparable quality. Streaming 1080p in 60fps doesn't really look good with max 3500 Kbit/s.

So I really would appreciate if I could use a higher bitrate when streaming.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. facebook page url for team profile

Could we please have the ability to put a facebook PAGE as the url for the team, instead of the requirement of a PROFILE?
    I have my facebook team page as my facebook url on my channel profile, but it wont let me set it as the facebook url on my team profile. (team profile returns a message stating "facebook url must point to a facebook profile")

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base