Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disabled Streams and Partnership Applicaiton Support!

Applying for Partnership can be difficult for anyone, but especially for people with Disabilities, and it was brought to my attention after being denied, that their is no longer an option to appeal a Partnership Denial. As a 100% Disabled Veteran with PTSD, and Major Depression Disorder, and on top of that Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder, not being able to communicate with someone after the initial application is denied, can be very difficult and frustrating, and not saying all disabled applicants should be approved, but I think they should maybe get some special attention, the process and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reduce number of tabs that open

Currently just from watching a stream and then deciding to edit my own settings, I've ended up opening 5 different tabs. While necessary in some cases, I believe it would be much less demanding of resources if you were to redirect the initial tab unless the user right clicks and selects "Open in new tab" instead of automatically doing so and creating a cluster of tabs in the browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. zooming in page makes stream player smaller

im visually impaired so I need to zoom in to read chat, but doing that makes the player way smaller

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Chat Display Accessibility

I have poor vision. Difficulty discerning small fonts. Difficulty picking out contrasts between similar colors. Mixer's new UI brings me discomfort because I have trouble picking out what's written in chat windows from the chat's background.

For reference, how the chat window appears currently...
    https://i.imgur.com/d7iK8eF.png
    ...and how it looked before:
    https://i.imgur.com/byJf4Hj.png

This is an accessibility issue that inhibits my use of Mixer. I'm forced to modify my browser output using DevTools to create a starker contrast between chat font color and chat background (relatedly, I use those same tools to increase Mixer chat's font size). Without those DevTools, I'd stop…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Streamer subtitles generation

Lets make Mixer more unique and accessible for all who likes to game.
    I suggest to add automatic subtitles generation for streamer speech so deaf people can interact with a streamer.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Feedback Link to Contact Section

Hello!

I have a request!

I didn't know this section of Mixer existed until I submitted a 'General Enquiry' through the 'Contact Us' section of the Mixer site.

I would like to request that a link to the Feedback section of Mixer, be added to the 'Contact Us' section on the site, to avoid confusion.

Yes, it wouldn't really benefit me now that I know about this section, but I think it would benefit others in the future, including the Mixer Support Staff. Then, they are spending less time filtering questions into the right section of the site.

Thanks for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically save the last preference used in the last live

I do live streaming with 4 or 5 lives a day on the Mixer platform, but I noticed that improvements are missing.

You could have an option of being able to choose an option to be able to complete the next lives with configuration preference to save automatically.
    In the next live streming, the Mixer is already configured ready to be able to start live without having to configure it again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a Mixer App for Roku

Since Amazon, decided to pull the official Twitch app off ROKU I think, this would be a good time for Microsoft to built a MIXER APP as a replacement putting MIXER on every platform will help it grow.. Not everybody prefers they should put MIXER everywhere* like the WWE Network and seek other options... if MICROSOFT can built a MIXER app for XBOX they can built a MIXER APP for Roku.

Some gamers,would prefer to watch streamers on their TV's and isn't Microsoft promoting the move to 4KTV's? How can they do this without a Mixer App this way you…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Android TV

Upgrade the android App for proper Android TV support. So people with the Nvidea shield, Nexus player, Mi box, or other Android TV devices can watch through them as another option as likely they have(at least I do) have a better TV then computer monitor and have another option with how they can tune in

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. preferred viewing quality setting

Every time I go to a stream it tries to load in 1080p, which is near impossible on my potato interwebs, and I can't change quality until after it loads in 1080p. A setting that tries to load at a users preferred viewing quality setting, or if that quality doesn't exist for a stream, then use the next closest quality. Might be handy. I know it would be for me.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Subscription Chat Alerts Similar to Sticker Outlines for Visibility

Currently the subscription alerts are text that is in-line with chat, it can sometimes be overlooked if other non-Mixer subscription alerts aren't working properly.

If the alert were like the sticker's rounded rectangle outlines, that might help the alert be more visible in chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dyslexic friendly font option?? Please.

It would be really nice if a font option like opendyslexic was an option. I have the add on for it on my browser but I think because of the way that mixer text boxes are made it turns out wonky sometimes, cut off etc. In chat it loads well but for stream titles etc not so much.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable auto-renew of free-subs (either by check box or some account setting)

I would like the option after enabling a free sub (while rare) to have it auto-renew. I can understand why it wouldn't be enabled by default, but generally I would like my free sub to continue to support the streamer. Even if it's as simple as a checkbox or toggle, that would be useful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make the streamers screen bigger again.

If we have to use the new layout, that's fine, but please give us the option to make the streamers screen bigger again please, it's a bit too small at the moment :P

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Closed Captioning

It would be useful to have a closed caption option available for each stream so that those who are unable to listen but are able to watch can know what is being said by the streamer. Trying to decipher it from what is being said from chat can be rather difficult.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Just to keep you in the loop, currently our CC is still only for our large events, like E3 production shows. We’re still researching building a more robust captioning system that can be used for all channels. This is definitely still on our radar and I will share more specific details as soon as I can.

Thanks!
    Tara

16. Can you add a TTS translator for voice texting so I can listen to the texting

When you don't have to wear your earphones and you're away from the monitors to read text you need a t t s translator for voice texting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Break Notifications In Chat/Whisper

I love the idea of the break notifications that pop up every few hours on Mixer. I tend to get very lost in what I'm doing when I stream and find that hours have passed and I'm still sat there having not eaten or drunk anything in a long time, so the break notifications help me control that.

Unfortunately, I've noticed that in full-screen games, they won't appear all the time (seems kinda game dependant, sometimes they will, sometimes they won't) and I end up being set in the old ways of sitting doing the stream rather than taking care…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Contact Box

while writing to the support team I found that scrolling up and down to be problematic until I found the scale button (by chance).... the click area/icon to make the box bigger was hidden by my Grammarly button (located in the same spot)

Idea: Could you make the scrollbar/scale button larger and easier to see/access?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. back to live

In order to have a better experience when watching lives, it was necessary to return to live to review a scene (such as YouTube) or a function to faxer a clips (like twitch) that would greatly improve my experience

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Two Factor Options

For those who are sensitive to cell/mobile phone's radiation/wavelengths, which cause migraines in some individuals, when is there going to be a non-mobile option for two factor authentication? Not everyone CAN have a mobile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base