Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Co-Stream vod

Hi this is Tazaar I was wondering will there be Co-Stream vod . I was talking to muted_jukebox about it we were saying its a great idea for people co stream that people can see pass vods of it and not just to hear the people on the other end but to see as well.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Embedded stream with parameter to play last vod

If using the embed stream to put onto a website, add the ability to play the last VOD if you're not currently live (similar to the new function of the profile page). Also add a parameter of "vodplayback"=true or false in case people want just their offline image to show.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CoStream VODs only shows one streamer

After watching a stream that was costreaming, I wanted to double check to see if the VOD would have the other streamer. It didnt. Thought I head that the VOD would show whoever is in the stream.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save VOD to OneDrive

Have the ability to automatically save VOD's to your OneDrive (or other cloud services).

You can do this on the Xbox One already with the Game DVR. Figure this would be a neat addition since Mixer is part of the Microsoft ecosystem.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Download VODs for editors or moderators

I create VOD highlights for my friend by recording the VOD from the screen and then editing it. It would make things much easier, if not only the streamer, but also either moderators or authorised editors would be able to download the VODs directly.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. URL parameter of time point (start at)

It would be great to add URL parameter of time point (start at) so we can share vod url pointing at specific moment in the video.
    It could be awesome to have "end at" parameter also.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. VOD Splitting

VoD Splitting

Many streamers make longer streams and change games inbetween. If you don't restart the stream inbetween games you'll have one long VoD at the end with the last Stream title & game as its description.
    A handy addition for the VoD feature would be the possibility to split up the VoDs at given points to split it up between games.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stream start date on VOD instead of "X days ago"

In the Past Broadcasts section, the VODs are labeled with "X days ago". It would be nice if there was a hover over that tells you the actual date.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Link/Timestamp within a VOD

Ability to link to a VOD or timestamp within a VOD

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ability to upload/store permanent videos much like twitch/youtube does (i stream to beam and youtube but can only upload to youtube.)

Ability to upload/store permanent videos much like twitch/youtube does (i stream to beam and youtube but can only upload to youtube.) I could upload to twitch (and am experimenting with this) but do not stream there so this would help keep everything together.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Marker added to VOD automatically when game title changes

When a streamer changes the game title, a marker should automatically be added to the VOD.

- Skimming through your VOD and finding that specific moment is simplified if you're a streamer that changes games frequently

- Beam could add a feature that exports just a specific game; say you pick 'Only Doom footage', then only the Doom part of the stream will be exported to YouTube or downloaded

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Transcodes on VODs

Currently having quite a few bandwidth/throughput issues watching 720p VODs on the site. It would be appreciated by people without the capacity to watch these without stuttering every three seconds

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to spend Sparks to make VODs permanent

I know that saving VODs takes up a lot if space, especially as the user ship on Beam grows. Here's my idea.

Not partnered and want VODs to be available longer than 14 days? How about the ability to purchase either a slot or the ability to make the VOD permanent?

Pricing could be something like 500 sparks to save a VOD permanently or 1500 per slot.

Partners could get a discount as well (maybe 250 per save and 750 per slot, and they automatically get 3-5 slots already?)

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mergeable VODs

Not sure if it's doable but for the streamer to be able to merge VODs into one big VOD.

The example I see is if the streaming software crashes, the game breaks the stream, or the OS breaks the stream, the streamer ends up with small chunks of VODs from the same day instead of their normal length VODs. I'd imagine that's annoying for the viewers who go back the next day to watch what happened or some people in their community want to make gifs or audio clips or the streamer wants to edit the VOD for YouTube. If…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to delete VODs while processing

I was going to delete a VOD shortly after I streamed for various reasons, but when I went to the https://beam.pro/me/channel/vods page, the most recent VOD was "still processing" and the Watch/Download/Delete buttons were all disabled.

While the Watch/Download buttons being disabled makes sense while processing the VOD, it would be nice to be able to delete a VOD without needing to wait for it to finish processing. It would even save you guys some CPU cycles!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Recent VoDs accessible from the front page

If you just missed a stream, it's difficult to reach the vod of that stream from the front page. A potential solution would be to include a tab on the main index page (similar to the New Streamers tab) for vods from streams that have ended in the last 24-48 hours. Even if it's restricted to channels you follow, this would make it easier to catch up on missed streams, and wouldn't necessitate doing a search on the main page (or the network tab of the account screen) for a given channel just to access their vods.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable deletion of VODs associated with reported users

If a user reports a streamer for something that is done during a stream, it would best help for the investigative process for the reporter to mark the VOD of the stream in which the reportable offense took place and make that VOD undeletable by the streamer until the report has been processed and a resolution has been reached.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MIxer.com VOD

This is an observation. Why are you SENDING PEOPLE AWAY? You are sending them to twitter.com FOR MORE information. Why? You own one of the BIGGEST streaming platforms in the world! You should be sending people to MIxer.com/ (insert official channel here) and making VODS about MIxer season two. On Twitter I should see posts telling to go the the official mixer channel to watch the latest VOD about Season Two. You don't grow a platform by sending people away. This is all my humble opinion. However, it is a very accurate observation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Upload clips to xbox

The ability to upload Mixer clips to the Xbox activities feed

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Download Segments of a Past Stream

Long streams create large file sizes. The ability to download only segments of a past stream would be amazing. For example downloading in blocks of 10min. So a 1hour stream could be downloaded in blocks of 10mins.
    Or simply the ability to select time lines that we won't to download. This is like an extension of the Clips functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base