Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stream Options for Xbox One

Mixer on xbox one need option that i can make by my self with what quallity i wanna broadcast. I have really good internet , but all streams and vods from me have artefacts and low bitrate. I wanne make by my self. Give us option for stream / broadcast in 720p 30fps or 60fps, hdr , 1080p 30 fps or 60fps and 4k. Were ist the problem. On ps4 i can the settings make in the twitch app and the quallity really good. So please update this

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clips

Can the clip window open without having the stream in the background. It makes it difficult to watch the clip when it has the stream being played twice.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. streamings anteriores

a aba streaming anteriores nao possui nenhuma stream anterior em nenhum canal do mixer.
    e eu sugiro que tragam o recurso que é muito comum em sites de streaming que é o de os Vods possuirem opçoes de qualidade para serem escolhidas (360p,240p,480p,etc).
    principalmente no brasil com a internet precaria que parte da população possui acab se tornando bem dificil assistir os vods.
    entao assim se tornando um recurso pouco relevante desta maneira.
    enquanto com as qualidades muito mais pessoas poderiam vir a assistir sem problemas.
    continuem com o bom trabalho equipe da Mixer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Customizable Past Broadcast Thumbnail

I think a great feature would be to add a customizable thumbnail for VoDs, or have a set time for it to grab the screencap for the thumbnail. I like to have order, and organization with my channel, and the random thumbnails are kind of a bother. I'm sure other feel the same way.

Even if it was "At 10:00 a screencap is grabbed and used as a thumbnail for VoD."

Many streamers use an intro scene--myself included--to prep the start of their streams. Even if all the thumbnails were my "Start" scene screengrabbed that would be definitely great!

Thanks…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let us change the quality in VOD's

Let us change the quality while looking VOD's. For people who have a slow internet connections the videos buffer more than you can watch.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please give us an option to upload video.

I think all creators agree that YouTube has become problematic in recent years, we Creators need a new alternative in the market for uploading videos, and I think the Mixer would be the best place for that to happen, the gamer community is looking of a new upload service, would be a good way to put the Mixer in the spotlight and make the community grow even more.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Watching VODS on mobile

Something I have always missed is the ability to watch VODs on mobile.
    A lot of people don't always the ability to watch on their pc's and still want to watch a stream back. Maybe they just want to look something up, or watch from the point where they had to leave, or watch back an entire stream, regardless, I have not found a way that this is possible on mobile.

The android app and the mobile website don't even SHOW the vods, or I might be really blind.
    If I ask up the desktop version of the website I…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. past vods

the previous streaming tab does not have any previous streams on any mixer channel.
    and I suggest you bring the feature that is very common in streaming sites which is that the Vods have quality options to be chosen (360p, 240p, 480p, etc).
    especially in Brazil with the precarious internet that part of the population has become very difficult to watch the vods.
    thus becoming a resource not relevant to us and all people in any country that have a bad connection.
    while with the qualities many more people could come to watch without problems.
    keep up the good work,Mixer…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Searchable VODs

Mixer – Search VODs Implementation

It would be great if viewers could use the “Search Game” function to find prior VODs of the game as well as streamers currently streaming the game. With lesser known titles, it would be beneficial to find content for a particular title, when there are no streamers online streaming the game. Currently, if there’s no one streaming a said game, then the search results are empty.

Enter VODs into a searchable database for games. Full implementation would include having the section of a stream as “tagged” for playing a particular game. For example, if said…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. YouTube Exports

We need Exports for YouTube rather then having to Download our Streams then Upload them! 8+Hour Streams @ 720 take alot of Data and Im already 900GB out of my TB my IP gives me I cant Download then Export, It also takes a ton of time!

270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are reviewing the possibility of direct YouTube uploads, although it’s unlikely we will make significant progress on this in the near-term.

Right now our VOD focus is on launching clips and other features to showcase more live content. In the mean time, you can still download VODs directly from the Manage Channel>VOD page and edit+upload freely.

11. Trailers for Channels Featuring Vods

Similar to the YouTube trailer when you first load into a channel. Channel owners can upload a vod or video of their own making showcasing their channel or introducing themselves.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Watch archived streams

You should allow us to watch other people's past streams and, more importantly, be able to fast forward through them. Currently, I can only watch old streams from the Xbox but I can't fast forward so it's pointless.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A few VOD Ideas

I have a few VOD ideas that would be nice.

1. Direct upload to Youtube. This will cut down the hours needed to download video and then upload to Youtube by at least 4 hours.

2. Ability to change VOD Title and add a description/tags.

3. Allow a free user to choose 5 VODs to save for as long as they want. Or send out a notification to users when their VOD is going to expire in a day.

4. For those using Xbox, a way to save a few seconds-a minute from the VOD as a highlight that will…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Upload studio + mixer

Intergrate upload studio with mixer to edit and create videos from saved past streams (vods) with the ability to add them to the Xbox feed and YouTube.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to disable vods from playing automatically

I suggest VODs should not automatically start playing when I open a channel that is offline. I will frequently join a channel several minutes before I expect them to go live, so that I catch them right away. Unfortunately, with the way VODs have recently been acting, my browser doesn't detect when a channel goes live, since I'm trapped watching a VOD. I have to refresh the page (without the VOD's url extention) in order to watch live feed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Upload Our Own PreRecorded/Edited Content

Upload Our Own PreRecorded/Edited Content For Example Uploading Highlights of gameplay session, dedicated post produce shows, Pre Recorded Podcast Then allow us to Create Playlist Or Show Subpages for accounts that will have multiple style of broadcasting ie A user could have Battlefront Channel, A Forza Channel but all under one user account as playlist. Plus if I wanna do a cooking show, that too. Mixer and Interactive nature can be applied to all Content Creators. Mixer should be a content platform for all types of video content as a Gamer if I have desire to produce non live streamed…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. VOD quality should be selectable for viewers

It should be possible for viewers to select the quality of VODs. I can't watch VODs, because it is constantly buffering.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Playback speed option

It would be cool if there was an option to change the playback speed of vods

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. vod keyboard controls

Enable video controls on VODs for play/pause, forward/backward, skip x2, x4 and thumbnail display on the time slider of the video like your typical youtube video.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to make highlights from VOD's

add the ability to make short clip highlights from the stream that stay permanently in your "past broadcasts" section. This is similar to the Video Manager on Twitch, so that we as casters can cherry pick the best moments from our stream.

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Apologies for the delay in updating this item. We have begun work on clips from live streams and hope to launch this item in a future update.

Once creating clips from live-streams is done, we will revisit this item specifically. :)

• Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base