Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quality options for VOD’s

Being able to change quality options on VOD’s due to to fact that many people can’t watch past streams as they keep buffering

678 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

114 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Role Video Editor

A video editor has the ability to download previous streams to edit and able to make visual effects on stream.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Seeking in VODS

Let me get straight to the point you guys. You guys should add a feature that allows viewers to see what is happening at a certain point in the VOD when using the time bar on the video to allow for easier and smoother seeking. (see image below) I am looking forward to see your platform grow and maybe even see some of my favorite streamers jump to Mixer. Thank you for your time and support, and for listening.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can we get Playback speed option on past vods?

would be nice to adjust vods speed i like to watch at 1.5

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to mark VOD sections as "watched"

This kinda goes in line with the "remember last position" when closing a VOD - but extended.

It would be need if we could mark sections of VODs as seen, so when we're scrubbing through VODs we don't need to "guess" what we've watched and try to remember. Sometimes you want to skip certain content in a VOD to get to a certain game or maybe a tournament or event, but later you want to go back and watch what you skipped, but don't want to search for the right timestamp.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Save Clips in OneDrive

I believe that leveraging the "Clips" function with the power of Microsoft OneDrive, so that we could save clips to the cloud, would be an AMAZING feature. It would allow people to save those wonderful moments in the cloud, automagically, and you could even have tiers for the amount of storage needed. I think this idea would be a wonderful way to help not only the streamer, but the platform bring in an untapped source of revenue so that we can continue to grow! <3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. quality options for vods

quality options for Vods is really needed.
    its impossible for me and for many people to watch a vod,once the only option is the highest one and my laptop can't deal with that.
    we need quality option on the Vods ,Please,Microsoft Team.
    every relevant gaming livestream platform, that have Vods, have that feature. that's really needed. that's pivotal on a Vod.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Past Stream Game Search

Please consider adding the ability to search VODs for game titles.
    I stream Animal Crossing on the Platform and often when I get a new face I always see

"I've been searching for this content on this platform for ages Im glad I finally found you!"

Currently, people can only found my Animal Crossing content if I happen to be live, and I stream late at night, which isn't ideal for some viewers.

With this feature a viewer could search for the game, see no one live, and then search VoDs that have that game. This way viewers can still…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Clips as a part of Streamer Progression Feature

Add Highlights or Clips as a Streamer Progression Feature make it where we have to unlock it. Where we can only have one clip at a time. Then at certain levels we could unlock more the further we go into the program

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Using keyboard arrows to navigate VODs.

Left or right keyboard arrows to go +10sec/-10sec in vods. Youtube has it, Twitch has it, Vimeo has it, and I miss it on this platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option for choosing video quality of past streams

I live in Bangladesh and most of the popular streamers start streamin when its late at night here...So i only rely on watching past streams. There should be an option for changing vid quality on past streams rather than forcing to watch it on HD. Ppl like me who doesnt have fast internet can cannot watch it without the stream buffering. Plz add option for changing vid quality on past streams

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Save VOD Progress

A great addition to watching VODs along with the quality option is to make it so that when you leave the VOD you are currently watching, the progress is saved and you can pick up right where you left off. Many people forget where they are in a VOD when watching something like a full game play-through and end up skipping back and forth just to find their spot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. No chat in VODS ? What ?!

I noticed that we don’t have a chat when we are watching VODS through offline watching. I just went ahead and started watching shroud but he wasn’t on as I expected but ! I noticed chat isn’t available and I was like whatttt ??? I couldn’t believe my eyes. I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes so much that I restarted the stream cause I had thought that it was a bug. We need a chat during offline streams. Without it it just lacks immersion. There’s no emotion during key moments of the stream and it’s just boring to be honest.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fast forward

VODs should have the option to skip 30 seconds and go back ten seconds like every other modern media player

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Quality options and better viewing for VOD's

I don't know if mixer even give a freak about this issue or us viewers, but the fact that you can't change the quality of the VOD's from past streams is annoying. It keeps on buffering and I can't do anything but to watch a cut video on youtube.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't fast-forward in past broadcast stream on the Xbox Insider Mixer app.

I can't fast-forward in the past broadcast streams. When I try and fast-forward what happens is that the stream will buffer and stay still for a long time with no result.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Archive previous streams longer

As a creative streamer, making food on stream. An archive of past streams long term would be greatly appreciated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hey, So I was watching a replay of a past stream and I noticed that there wasn’t a forward or rewind button for ex. Reminded 15 seconds bac

Hey,

So I was watching a replay of a past stream and I noticed that there wasn’t a forward or rewind button for ex. Rewinding 15 seconds back or forwarding 15 seconds forward would be a very beneficial feature since using ur thumb to scroll down the vod is quite often difficult to rewind a certain point or skip forward in the vod without skipping too much or rewinding too much

Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Past Streams and Clips

Add quality options for past streams and clips now *************
    Video without changing the quality this absolute stupidity

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Impossible to watch VOD's

When watching vod, sometimes the video stops for 1/2 sec, but this is frequent, every 5 ~10 seconds this happens, is impossible to watch VOD and my internet is good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base