Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quality options for VOD’s

Being able to change quality options on VOD’s due to to fact that many people can’t watch past streams as they keep buffering

805 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

123 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Role Video Editor

A video editor has the ability to download previous streams to edit and able to make visual effects on stream.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Seeking in VODS

Let me get straight to the point you guys. You guys should add a feature that allows viewers to see what is happening at a certain point in the VOD when using the time bar on the video to allow for easier and smoother seeking. (see image below) I am looking forward to see your platform grow and maybe even see some of my favorite streamers jump to Mixer. Thank you for your time and support, and for listening.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio only for vods.

The idea is pretty simple, "audio only for vods". Often I end up listening to vods, but I rarely ever watch them. Especially when they are webshows/podcast type of casts.

When searching this specifically, only Quality options come up. So if I am reposting, let me know. I will upvote that instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to Download Full Res VOD/VOD Editor

If there's not already. We should get a way to download our VODs in full resolution. Its cool that we get to watch the VODs in full resolution but downloading it for editing destroys the resolution.

Either that or have a VOD editor where we can cut and trim the high resolution VODs already available to us and be able to upload/post them to our own YouTube Channels/Instagram or what not. After all, the best way to grow our streaming audience is to create content on more discoverable platforms and bring them over.

Respectfully,

MisterJester12

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Permanent clips, permanent memories

Clips should be stored for ever, not 14 days only those are small memory footage that anybody can see at any moment as a reminder or presentation of highlights

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make VODS easier to watch

1) Save the VOD progress please. Litterally every video/streaming service has this and it's super annoying to remember where you left off in a 9hr VOD. This is basic stuff and massively improves the ease of watching VODS

2)As stated many of times before on this "feedback portal" quality options for VODS. Once again I don't understand why this isn't a thing. Again very basic stuff that improves the ease of waching VODs especially for people with **** internet or limited data.

3) Why is the fast foward/backwards so high. If you use it once it skips like 10 minutes…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. VODs buffering constantly

I have been using Mixer for a few weeks now and I still can't find any solution to the VOD buffering issues. I have tried various devices Ipad, android phone, etc... various Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge), and they all just buffer every 4-5 seconds. Once in a blue moon, a VOD will play fine for an hour or so and then start buffering constantly. I have 250mb fiber.
    Live streams work perfectly, but VODs buffer af.
    BTW, this does not seem like a client/front-end issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can we get Playback speed option on past vods?

would be nice to adjust vods speed i like to watch at 1.5

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. quality options for vods

quality options for Vods is really needed.
    its impossible for me and for many people to watch a vod,once the only option is the highest one and my laptop can't deal with that.
    we need quality option on the Vods ,Please,Microsoft Team.
    every relevant gaming livestream platform, that have Vods, have that feature. that's really needed. that's pivotal on a Vod.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How do you change your download folder?

Hey! I'm more curious about how to change the folder when downloading VODs then my sexuality. Please help :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. VOD playback options, not only quality (though this ones a given) but playback speed and shorter skips forward and back for replaying frags.

VOD playback options, not only quality (though this ones a given) but playback speed and shorter skips forward and back for replaying frags.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to mark VOD sections as "watched"

This kinda goes in line with the "remember last position" when closing a VOD - but extended.

It would be need if we could mark sections of VODs as seen, so when we're scrubbing through VODs we don't need to "guess" what we've watched and try to remember. Sometimes you want to skip certain content in a VOD to get to a certain game or maybe a tournament or event, but later you want to go back and watch what you skipped, but don't want to search for the right timestamp.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. No chat in VODS ? What ?!

I noticed that we don’t have a chat when we are watching VODS through offline watching. I just went ahead and started watching shroud but he wasn’t on as I expected but ! I noticed chat isn’t available and I was like whatttt ??? I couldn’t believe my eyes. I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes so much that I restarted the stream cause I had thought that it was a bug. We need a chat during offline streams. Without it it just lacks immersion. There’s no emotion during key moments of the stream and it’s just boring to be honest.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save VOD Progress

A great addition to watching VODs along with the quality option is to make it so that when you leave the VOD you are currently watching, the progress is saved and you can pick up right where you left off. Many people forget where they are in a VOD when watching something like a full game play-through and end up skipping back and forth just to find their spot.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Past Stream Game Search

Please consider adding the ability to search VODs for game titles.
    I stream Animal Crossing on the Platform and often when I get a new face I always see

"I've been searching for this content on this platform for ages Im glad I finally found you!"

Currently, people can only found my Animal Crossing content if I happen to be live, and I stream late at night, which isn't ideal for some viewers.

With this feature a viewer could search for the game, see no one live, and then search VoDs that have that game. This way viewers can still…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Past broadcasts

Allow when watching past broadcasts in the mixer app on iOS it saves your position ! All other apps have this though mixer just reloads the app and you have to find where you was in a 9 a 9 hour stream watch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fast forward

VODs should have the option to skip 30 seconds and go back ten seconds like every other modern media player

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. IF clips takes too much ressources...

If the clips are too resource intensive because people are clipping garbage... Just remove it and replace it with uploadable video for affiliate and partner.

Limit it to streamed content and moderate it. You will have sooooo much less data to deal with and every streamer worth their salt can just add a replay buffer action to their bot, then upload later.

Or just use technology and timestamp the VOD that is already available at the end of each stream anyway. You could scrub to where you see the most timestamp and have the user go at it. It cost…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clips discoverability. And user engagement

Alright, beat twitch with the following.

Display clip on the front page and have a clip section of the website.

Only display clip that has more than X unique view. A customized title and a manually selected thumbnail.

Make an up/down arrow system like Reddit and have the top clip weighted against time.

Add comment to clip with the same system

Allow streamer to change the thumbnail with a 3 second portion of their clip and a custom title. NO FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE TUMBNAIL FOR ANYONE

Have the clip link to the full VOD on the streamer own Clip page.

You…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base