Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chat filter for duplicate characters

Due to the nature of bigger streamers chats, I think a chat filter is needed to automatically block messages which contain over 10+ of the exact same character and they should be blocked before they are seen in the chat.

It really is disturbing to have a large block of just the letter "g" to be thrown in the chat when trying to read. This has become really noticable in Ninja's streams with the large amount of people in his chat.

The same could be done with emotes, except possibly giving the streamer control over it due or having a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. chat font size change

the ability to change the chat text size. This makes it easier to read when you pop out your chat for streaming.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Striped chat as default

Chat should have striped chat by default, in my opinion, which I admit might be wrong-- I think striped chat is just so much easier to read, and makes the chat look much better by default. Allow people to toggle off still if they want

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New Release Spoilers Inc Cinema Releases.

I've seen this posted here already back in 2016 but I do feel this needs to be addressed. The idea of someone coming into someone else's chat/community to purposely spoil the ending of the new release they are working through or going out of they way to post movie spoilers on the latest Cinema releases irritates me completely.

I do understand that Mixer have their features that allow someone to purge/clear chat or even ban the person who comes into the chat but I feel at this point it's too late. The damage has been done and ether the streamer/mods…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. pinned messages

Pinned Messages

They would be handy and will make the chat to be more clean, so mods wont reply the same answer every time in chat and streamers wont repeat themselves.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Levels in the Mixer App

Hello, I am a user of the Mixer application on my phone, and with the new integration to the platform about the levels of each channel, I realized that these levels could only be seen from the Mixer website, and not from the application. I think a great addition to the application would be to implement chat levels, so that they are also visible from the application
    Thanks ^^

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why do embers bring back chat after is hidden?

After hidding the chat to watch an esports event a ember sticker brings it back up and can not be hidden after it, it stays half the way hidden showing the lastest donator.

Please make an option to hide chat that is better than just dragging the chat offscreen, an option like the one in Youtube or twitch

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to purge our own comments (editors/mods)

I'm an editor and moderator for a main time streamer. And sometimes, i type so quickly in chat that it floods it and when i go to purge my comments, it give me this (attached file). If you could check into this error code? like something is blocked. it would be great. thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Blocking

I’ve seen some comments on here before on blocking and I would like to add my own post and go off of it.
    I understand that mixer has a mute feature but I would rather much there be a block altogether. There are times when you’re in a stream you really love and someone who isn’t pleasant with you comes in harassing you. Most of the time I end up seeing the person being banned from the stream which sucks for them too because they may genuinely enjoy the stream themselves. I’ve seen it happen where a mod or regular…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to toggle chat text size

Add the ability to be able to change the text size on the Mixer site. I have a friend who is almost legally blind and she has trouble reading the chat.

Or maybe even make it so the popped out chat text size can be increased.

I feel like a lot of people could benefit from this as it would make it more accessible for people with limited sight.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. CHAT RANKING

Boa tarde, Gostaria de verificar se sera disponibilizado um ranking, para os niveis maiores no chat, pois assim não precisamos mais usar recursos externos para premiar aqueles que mais interagem e assistem a Live. Seria ideal o ranking, pois o Hearts já automaticamente pegam tudo, interacao, sparks, embers, tempo assistido, etc. Aguardo

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Age Lockout

With the current influx of Xbox users hitting our chats, most of them being well underage and posting inappropriate things.

Would it be an idea to lock the accounts who haven't entered their DOB from using chat? And those who have entered their DOB into their account and are underage, lock them out of 18+ streams.

And have a flag system where if a user has been flagged as a spammer, or someone who posts inappropriate things be locked out of chat all together. otherwise they will just jump to another channel spreading their filth.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Chat

Hi my name is Gabriel, i have an idea about the interaction for those who do live, the mixer cloud create a CHAT as if were the DISCCORD, since it does not have xbox in it, it would be an incredible way for everyone to get better, would help a lot in the games a "CHATEMIXER''

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. scottybot talks for you to the viewers

scottybot talks for you to the viewers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Giving away channel progression hearts

I was thinking for mixer to add, giving away channel progression hearts... that’s all and yes it would help coz people like to see a good level

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pc/ Mobile tabs on Xbox and scrolling

Pc and mobile has chat tabs like whsper ,@ ,mute and others but xbox doesn't have them we have to type one for it to pop up would be nice if the tabs were there like Pc and mobile . We also can't scroll up or down it would be great to have this it seems like we're always 8 steps behind

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Heart Rank Message

With the roll out of channel progression, i have found the following things i would love to see fixed the message you see after each rank pops up in the chat area which can be distracting me from my modding duties during a stream as it's a big message with no time limit.

I would love to see the the rank up message pop up smaller or in the notification area.

I would also like to see a time limit on the current one if it's not moved to notification area of mixer,so i don't have to go and click…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sub Nicknames

Hello! I have a brilliant idea! If someone subs to a streamer. They should have the option to choose a nickname OR streamers the chance to put nicknames to certain people. This will give people even more customization to their streams!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CATbot intrusive censorship

CATbot seems to still be on in my chat, even though I have clearly turned it off. Via support ticket I received a canned response saying it is never truly off. CATbot catches arbitrary things that are absolutely not against any rules or ToS setups.

One example, and I quote, "American ***** Ball" which is a common term for American Football, in reference to rugby, which is a far more dangerous sport.

It is catching the line "American *****" which although rude, is not something I would expect a Bot to understand context of, especially since there are songs and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chat message formatting for Mod or Channel Editor

So, I think it'd be pretty cool to allow Mods/Channel Editors to 'format' their messages with line breaks, bold, italics and stuff like that, especially for when you create Bot messages. Things like rules lists and follow notifications could be pretty cool to be formatted nicely in chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base