Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nickname

Streamers should have the option to set nicknames for their viewers that only they can see/or are visible to the whole chat. For example, some people join my stream with names such as xXXSwagPro9954TTJNxxX but ask to be called steve. I thought it'd be cool if the streamer can nickname their audience so that they know what they'd like to be called in their community.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. chat search

Please add the ability to search the existing chat.

For example, if I enter a room, and the chat had been started before I entered, give me the ability to search the chat for information.

Say I wanted to ask a question, but it may have already been asked, and I don't want to ask again (don't want to bug people for something already discussed and/or answered), If I can search the chat, it would be easy to find the answer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Stickied Comment on chat screen.

This can give a means of addressing an important event, or rules, etc. Currently, many don't appreciate being auto whispered upon entering a room, although maybe we should. It is a means, currently, of addressing chat rules to new people.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Chat Filter

I would love to have an option to turn on a chat filter that has a similar effect as the one put in place in Overwatch, where when people say anything deemed 'unkind' or that doesn't fly with the streamers guidelines, it would replace their message with something else. Swear words (in chats with the filter turn on) could be replaced with things like "My mother taught me better than to swear in a Family-friendly environment!" or "Matt thinks that I can do better about watching what I say, so I'm working really ******* it!" This wouldn't be in lieu…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Permission to chat

I am permitted not to chat in ctops streams so I would like the spammer, toll, ect to only be not permitted to chat only on that stream, not for every stream a streamer starts, just on one stream

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Beam Pro exclusive emotes

Having global emotes that are exclusive to Beam Pro users. Maybe faces of other staff members or Beam branded emotes? Would be nice additional incentive to become a pro user and more fun things to spam in chats!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Deleting messages in chat removes chat for the streamer

Recently i have discovered: If a mod removes a message the streamers chat will often disappear, leaving the streamer confused and unable to read the chat, which can ruin streams on many occasions. Has anyone else witnessed this, and is there way of fixing the chat to disable this from happening.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. chat box

Hey Beam!

So one thing I run into on stream is that I talk to those that are in the chat, but those in my xbox party can't tell if I'm talking to them or the stream. One solution I've considered would be to allow people in my party to gain access to my chat box and overlay it onto their screen as it appears on mine while I stream. That way we can all experience the chat together! Just a thought! Thank you for making such an awesome platform!

TyFighter559

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I Gave Beam my Honest Feedback

i gave my honest feedback to beam and Now just right shortly after my chat doesn't seem to want to load for me. i would suggest that Beam sends out notifications to followers and to subs that pay out money to support a streamer. There is some many sites out there that send subscribers and followers notifications for whatever reason, youtube and twitch just to name 2 of the endless sites that manage to do so. When i have sent in a "ticket" about this to Beam they say it's being fixed but, it's been being fixed for well over…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Whose curently typing

would be cool if beam had a thing to see who was typing a message mayble like 4 people at a time max like discord has.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would it be possible for Pro/Partner streamers have custom colours or ranks (like for Subscribers)

Would it be possible for Pro/Partner streamers have custom colours or ranks (like for Subscribers)? I'd love to have my own community colours for donators, etc...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. could u make it a option to have the chat bar and chat in a column on the right hand like it was 3 to4 years agi

could u make it a option to have the chat bar and chat in a column on the right hand like it was 3 to4 years ago im on a ipad and you can not charge a ipad and talk to people in chat

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. anonymous chatting

Hello, I'd like to request the idea of giving us streamers the option to allow non-registered users to access chat as guests (they can choose their own username but with no profile pic etc.)

I think the more is merrier! I know of other streaming services that implement this guest/anonymous feature and it works out just fine- not forcing everyone to get an account. That way, some people won't get turned away from the idea of having to register just to talk to the streamer at not attend to the channel or site at all. I believe it'll be really…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Timeout X hours option

Expand the timeout command to have support for hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. icon for xbox chatters and mobile chatters

Add a small icon or colored dot in the bottom corner of the avatar to show that person is chatting from one the mobile apps. The idea being is they're chatting from the mobile app and the delay is longer then the other chatters and broadcaster can expect a longer delay until the person responds. Could maybe do something for the people using the xbox app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Character Count in Chat

Because we are limited to 360 characters in the chat it would be helpful if i had a counter. I know most messages are only about 10 - 30 characters, but i have found myself send a paragraph when trying to help explain something to a fellow beamer
    Thanks and Keep up the FANTASTIC Work!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Beam Chat in Minecraft

Add the ability to see chat from beam within Minecraft as well as chat back when streaming! I mean come on it's a feature for twitch streamers and twitch is owned by amazon! Beam is owned by microsoft and so is minecraft! I feel this should be a thing without having to rely on someone to make a mod! With Beam being part of big windows 10 update in march I am surprised it's not yet been announced as an addon feature for people who stream to beam playing minecraft using the soon to be built in streamer!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Team Page Chat

It would be great if the chat room of whichever Team Member is currently streaming to a Team Page could also be available within the Team Page.

Not being able to interact with team member channels from the aggregator page kind of hampers the experience.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unicode chat support

Beam chat only support english based chat not CJK unicode.
    Yes, this will be uninterest topic in beam community.
    But think carefully.
    There is tons of streamer and viewer in far east asia who couldn't type there language in BEAM chat system.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. twemoji

add twemoji to beam
    its free and its good
    https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
    ok thanks