Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide the CatBot removed messages from the streamers view

Make it so that there is an option to completely remove the CatBot flagged message from the streamers chat. Have it set so that the streamer can click if they choose to see what was removed with that setting on. Having a line through the chat still shows the removed message which does still effect some streamers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Partner identification in chat.

When reading chat, you never know when a partner is there. I feel like partners work so hard to achieve partnership and represent the platform that there should be a way they stand out a little more in chat.

Maybe a different color name, or verified check mark? Something that shows they are partnered instead of only knowing if they share that information or if you're actively in their stream.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow viewers to earn hearts for sharing streams on facebook and twitter

allow viewers to earn hearts ( or points ) for sharing streams,clips on facebook and twitter for ranking up in channel progressions (chat) .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Stop chat from auto scrolling down

Stop chat from auto scrolling down, when you scroll up so we can see older messages without it going to the newer messages in the channel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. mute in mixer chat is a bad idea

So one reason why the mute in mixer chat is a bad thing is "as a moderator we are telling people to do stuff and if people mute us (moderators) and we kick them, then they come back at you, the streamer, saying in an unpleasant confrontational way 'why did I get kicked' or file a report on you, the streamer, because they didn't see a moderator telling them to stop what they are doing." It is a very, very bad idea. I am saying that all moderator text should be seen no matter what, no matter what. I've ran…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'd like some Jesus emotes like Twitch

I think it's only fair and inclusive to have Christianity based emotes especially for people like myself.

Twitch has the BlessRNG emotes and though it's not particularly Jesus, it's similar to that and I enjoyed it a lot.

I would also like a cross emote, something fair and simple.

LBGTQ pride has 5 emotes right off the bad and it's not something I particularly find myself using.

I had a pretty solid account from Twitch and now since I can no longer use Twitch.

Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Emotes

I see that you guys added the emote search function same as Twitch, the ":" you can put in chat and then type the name of the emote, but what I would like you guys to do is to make the arrow keys function better, instead of only going sideways. You should make us able to go up, down, left and right. This would make it a lot faster to find emotes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Having streams record game chat

Would be awesome to have streams record game chat instead of having to use party chat or a game recorder card/device.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Chat restrictions

Having an option to put chat in follow, subscriber, or verified email only would be amazing to remove the trolls and tone down the harassment that is involved with streaming. Personally I have been attacked to the point of not streaming anymore and it’s sad because I have gained a terrible rep and lost what I thought were good friends because of this non stop harassment, mixer would greatly benefit having chat restrictions!! It’s a major help on streamers and mods or even streamers who don’t have mods.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug when following through chat in dutch version

Hi, when i follow someone through chat the pop-up that appears at he top says: "you are not following this person anymore". This is in Dutch language. I do not know if its the same thing in other languages. It should say: "You are now following this person".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mod Badge

It would be nice if channel mods could have a badge by their name like subs do indicating that they are a mod. New users and mostly xbox users have no clue what the username colors mean.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Animations still showing on "pop-out" chat

When I "pop-out" my chat it still shows the animations that I had turn off. It probably happens, because when I pop-out the chat it reads it as a "new session" and ultimately animations still show up on my pop-out chat screen. I turned this off, so my resource won't be used up on animations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Captions

Hello... I'm watching a user called Kawaiist and someone stopped by WHO WAS DEAF. Her whole chat is having to tell that person what she's saying. You should really add captions so we don't have to do that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Xbox chat dissapearing!

Hi, Name is Josh or JLanders. I recently noticed an update to mixer on xbox dashboard. looks really nice but there are some concerns that i'm worried about. 1. chat is now covering a huge part of gameplay taking away from the content 2. chat bubbles dissapear after so many seconds of being up. this is a huge issue if you have a community that like to hold a conversation. especially if someone comes into chat in the middle of the conversation. I hope you will hear my concerns and take them into consideration! the xbox community is a huge…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Xbox chat

Really not liking the new mixer setup on Xbox, the chat doesn’t stay on screen which isn’t really helpful when your trying to keep track of conversations especially as I’m a mod and don’t like to keep looking at my phone app whilst also trying to watch the stream. There should be an option for the people that want to keep chat on and visible at all times

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change popout chat url

Please make the url for popout chat intuitive. Here is an example.

Mixer popout chat url for shroud :
    https://mixer.com/embed/chat/103551540

Twitch popout chat for shroud:
    twitch.tv/shroud/chat

The problem is if you fullscreen on one device, and have chat on another,finding the chat only url is annoying and it shouldn't be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Whisper people

Hey there,

The DMs / Whispers, has to be way ´better.
    You should be able to whisper multiple people.
    Right now if a chat is in slow motion so is your whispers..???
    How does this make any sense, a whisper should be personal / private so why does the state of the streamers chat matter?

Besides from that, please do not have whispers inside the chat, please do as Twitch where it basically pops up at the bottom.
    You cant have a private conversation getting flodded with messages from the streamers chat, makes zero sense.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Horrible Reading Chat Experience

When you're trying to read the chat, i find this thing too distracting.It makes the reading chat experience horrible . People are just spamming it.
    Reduce the size of this emote.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. sub mode in the chat

Add only sub chat mode please

2 votes
    Sign in