Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mod chat tab

Create a Mod/Streamer chat tab so Mods can discuss things in privacy without having to whisper. This tab could also report who gets banned and timed out.

I imagine that this could be shown similar to how you show the hosted stream tab/chat. I have attached a quick mock-up of the tab idea.

I think this could have a huge impact in helping Mods stay on top of things, and could help in tracking and reporting issues during the stream.

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FAN PROGRESSION

Due to the new integration of the Fan Progression system the channel chat will be abused by those who want to take advantage of the experience by message, generating spam and flood, to avoid this and to maintain a comfortable atmosphere in the chat rooms I suggest that they add an option to disable the experience by message.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. mute in mixer chat is a bad idea

So one reason why the mute in mixer chat is a bad thing is "as a moderator we are telling people to do stuff and if people mute us (moderators) and we kick them, then they come back at you, the streamer, saying in an unpleasant confrontational way 'why did I get kicked' or file a report on you, the streamer, because they didn't see a moderator telling them to stop what they are doing." It is a very, very bad idea. I am saying that all moderator text should be seen no matter what, no matter what. I've ran…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mod Badge

It would be nice if channel mods could have a badge by their name like subs do indicating that they are a mod. New users and mostly xbox users have no clue what the username colors mean.

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chat restrictions

Having an option to put chat in follow, subscriber, or verified email only would be amazing to remove the trolls and tone down the harassment that is involved with streaming. Personally I have been attacked to the point of not streaming anymore and it’s sad because I have gained a terrible rep and lost what I thought were good friends because of this non stop harassment, mixer would greatly benefit having chat restrictions!! It’s a major help on streamers and mods or even streamers who don’t have mods.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Chat Delay For New Accounts (Visible to Mods)

I've been seeing a lot of complaints about Toxic people in chat recently, which made me think of this idea.

How about we get a chat delay for new users, which allows the streamer / channel to choose when they think an account is new (24 hours / 48 hours / 1 week) those accounts will have a chat delay, that the rest of the chat does not.

So basically a new account posts something nasty in chat, ONLY moderators will see that message for the first 3 / 5 / 8 seconds until it becomes visible in chat. The…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Partner color in chats

Now that we are able to change colors for the different roles of The Mixer Universe, why don't we get a color for our partners?

Although, instead of having it be a thing that'll always be broadcasted wherever they go, they can turn it off to just look like a regular viewer in peoples chat.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Higher quality emotes/higher res

Chat is an important aspect of every stream, one of the biggest upside with mixer is the FTL and instant communication that happens between chat and Streamer.

But a chat is just a wall of text with no flavor unless you have some emotes (imo).
    Now there is already an emote system in place at mixer but the quality of the emotes are lacking and it doesn't have anything to do with what the emotes are picturing.

Being restricted to 24x24 the resolution is so bad that most seems blurry if they are not pixel art. Compared to other major…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New Release Spoilers Inc Cinema Releases.

I've seen this posted here already back in 2016 but I do feel this needs to be addressed. The idea of someone coming into someone else's chat/community to purposely spoil the ending of the new release they are working through or going out of they way to post movie spoilers on the latest Cinema releases irritates me completely.

I do understand that Mixer have their features that allow someone to purge/clear chat or even ban the person who comes into the chat but I feel at this point it's too late. The damage has been done and ether the streamer/mods…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to purge our own comments (editors/mods)

I'm an editor and moderator for a main time streamer. And sometimes, i type so quickly in chat that it floods it and when i go to purge my comments, it give me this (attached file). If you could check into this error code? like something is blocked. it would be great. thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. scottybot talks for you to the viewers

scottybot talks for you to the viewers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Age Lockout

With the current influx of Xbox users hitting our chats, most of them being well underage and posting inappropriate things.

Would it be an idea to lock the accounts who haven't entered their DOB from using chat? And those who have entered their DOB into their account and are underage, lock them out of 18+ streams.

And have a flag system where if a user has been flagged as a spammer, or someone who posts inappropriate things be locked out of chat all together. otherwise they will just jump to another channel spreading their filth.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. chat font size change

the ability to change the chat text size. This makes it easier to read when you pop out your chat for streaming.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Chat message formatting for Mod or Channel Editor

So, I think it'd be pretty cool to allow Mods/Channel Editors to 'format' their messages with line breaks, bold, italics and stuff like that, especially for when you create Bot messages. Things like rules lists and follow notifications could be pretty cool to be formatted nicely in chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to toggle chat text size

Add the ability to be able to change the text size on the Mixer site. I have a friend who is almost legally blind and she has trouble reading the chat.

Or maybe even make it so the popped out chat text size can be increased.

I feel like a lot of people could benefit from this as it would make it more accessible for people with limited sight.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mixer stop been unfair i have a xbox microsoft account im dreadevildead and you banned me from streaming why i ask because I'm very upset

I have a account name Dreadevildead with Microsoft Xbox and I've been streaming for fun I have over 690,000 viewers and I've been banned from mixer what's the reason I'm banned I'm very upset

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Better emotes or redesign

There are a lot of artists out there that wants to get there name in the world, especially those artists that focus on twitch/mixer overlays, buttons, etc...

Bringing in these artists from the outside and exploring new designs would be an awesome new way to create or redesign some of your emotes and who knows you could invite them to be a part of your Mixer team!

Emotes are the joy of a live-stream besides the streamer themselves. I personally enjoy seeing emotes and them be used by the community just like they use the stickers so adding better designs…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Text alerts in chat

I don't have two monitors and would prefer not to keep my phone open to see my viewers chatting with me. I would rather ult-tab and chat with them. However, there's no alert system for texts in the chat and I have no idea when people are chatting. I could see how this would be annoying with hundreds of viewers but I currently only get a couple. If I ever had enough viewers I would invest in a second monitor but right now it's not worth it for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use IRC as the foundation for Mixer's Chat Solution

Hi Mixer,

Let's not reinvent the wheel with a bespoke/proprietary chat solution.

Let's just use IRC.

Why?

1) It's a standard. IRC has been around for eons.

2) Mixer Chat currently is flaky at best. 15-35% of the time, it sometimes just doesn't load.

3) It is a known quantity. Other platforms use it and it is well know what it is capable of.

4) We could access chat with any IRC client and make life simpler with any aliases or popup menus (ala mIRC, Chatty,etc.)

5) IRC is pretty scaleable (again, other larger platforms use it) and most "chatrooms"…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Great Costream Idea!!!

This Is mainly for costreams, this would benefit every co-streamer, during streams its impossible to see who's in whos chat, like example.if one person drops 1000 sparks on person #1, it still shows up on person #2 & #3's chat, to make this easier, under the username for people in person #1s chat should have the streamers channel name, this goes for every channel in a costream, so we know who's it for and it does not mix confusion. i really like this idea i hope it can get pushed through, there's been countless of times where myself and others…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base