Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add IP Binding support to FTL

FTL does not support IP binding within programs like OBS. Because of this lack of support, I cannot stream using FTL because I have to use specific networks. I really enjoy FTL, but I have to use RTMP in the meantime...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2v2 gunfight Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Needs Hype Zone and there needs to be multiple hype zones

Gunfight in Call Of Duty Modern Warfare which is a very intense game mode needs to be in Hype Zone it is like watching a battle royal game. other games with very intense similar gameplay need to be added to hype zone as well. There should be a hype zone for each game with intense gameplay like an call of duty hype zone, an apex legends hype zone, a Pub G hype zone, and a fortnite hype zone constantly active meaning not just one hype zone but always multiple ones.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fortnite a game listing for each of the 3 modes

I love the game save the world of fortnite. Problem is battle royale buries any change for the creative or save the world to have a proper community. I love mixer and save the world is becoming my favorite game. So think good idea to have them as 3 separate games. People when they want to watch something of fortnite they pick 1 of the 3

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. pinball

There should be a general PINBALL category. Twitch has a general PINBALL category so that anyone who searches for PINBALL will get people streaming any sort of physical pinball machines. The categories now are a hodge podge of video games.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. South African Ingest Servers

With Microsoft launching Azure Cloud services in both Johannesburg and Cape Town soon, how difficult would it be to set up a Mixer ingest server (or two!) in this region?

There are thousands of Xbox and Win10 gamers in South and Southern Africa, and most of them need to rely on the +100ms pings to London or Amsterdam whenever they try streaming. Sadly, this doesn't work very well. The same is true from a viewer perspective too - poor internet connections make watching a Mixer stream (especially on mobile) a challenge for many.

There's huge potential to grow the Mixer…

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Non partnered channels are able to make clips

So I saw that there is a clips section in the Broadcast Dashboard and I'm problaby not the only one that would like this too happen but it kind of sucks when you need to be a partner inorder to make clips. Some people would like to stream and make clips right away because they might have a youtube channel and can use those clips to make funny moments or montages to show their mixer channel. If this was added this would be amazing!

Sincerely, Mike

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lighstream

It should be free because, it becomes open to the public so people can use the benefits of such amazing resource that can lead, and shape to a better future of streamers in Mixer that are just starting out. A second reason is why it should be free is because of budget, A average console streamers may waste 300$ on a capture card that cost from $120 to $175 and webcam of $70 to $80 and a mic that cost $80 to $100. Looking at the numbers is huge amount of money for a person that is starting out console…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stream key dissappearance

How's about not taking our stream keys away without warning for no reason then making us wait 24 hours to get it back I thought I hated twitch but this ********'s gonna make me go back to them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disconnection Protection

Mixer is missing something called Disconnection Protection. What this feature does is, when a streamer gets disconnected randomly throughout the stream. It will give the streamer 30 seconds to reconnect for the stream to continue from where it got disconnected.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Broadcasting without third parties on PC

I'd like the ability to broadcast directly to mixer from pc without downloading third party content to stream through. They used to have this ability on the xbox gamebar but took it off. I think that it was much more convenient when it was available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. High Framerate Streaming

High frame rate streaming could set Mixer apart from Twitch. Monitors that are 120, 144, and 240hz are common in the gaming community, and high refresh rate phones are becoming the norm. Many are 90, or 120hz, and not just phones designed for gamers, they are also coming to the mainstream non-gaming market. The new Samsung Galaxy S20 phone is 120hz, and there are rumors the next iPhones could have a 120hz display. If bandwidth is a concern maybe have both a resolution and framerate setting for watching streams if possible. Lower frame rates are more noticeable for gaming than…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Xbox game bar ! diffusion mixer !

Simple je veux que la diffusion mixer soit a nouveau disponible sur la xbox game bar ! dans le cas contraire je supprime tout mais abonnement , xbox , mixer pro , microsoft , game pass . ! simple comme sa vous pourrez faire ce que vous voulait avec l'argent des autre pas le mien

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. HypeZone for Minecraft

So you might be thinking how you gonna add HypeZone for minecraft but I thought It would be cool if HypeZone hosted random minecraft streamers to showcase all their build to the viewers

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stream other game systems on Mixer Besides Xbox and Pc

Stream other consoles besides Xbox and pc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 24 Hours for Stream Key

I used to stream last year in this platform, and now that i want to do it again i have to wait 24 for a stream key... I think it is a lot of time, and now i will wait, but it would be better if you make it 12 hours instead of 24 hours....

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. easylive

I would like a training course about how to stream to Mixer with easylive.io.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. No more unlisted Xbox/ PC Games

The absence of so many MS Games on Mixer is altogether confusing to me. Games from other Consoles, etc. are streamed on Mixer as well: So What? I can understand Mixer as a separate entity from MS not making this a priority. But Microsoft?

Within the past 1-2 years, I've streamed a LOT of Games, and most of the latter are not AAA, let alone HypeZone material. After all this time, Mixer hasn't changed a bit with respect to Searches & overall Layout. HypeZone. And now, to boot, a Partner spotlight, which only amplifies the burial of all other Games…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ps4

Pourquoi vous faites pas une mise a jour pour mettre sur ps4 comme sa on pourrait streaming sur ps4 il faut pas que l'application demande beaucoup de internet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Nintendo switch

Dear mixer support.
    I'm a huge fan of this platform, there's just one problem.
    I can't stream on my Nintendo Switch unless I buy a capture card( and that's pretty expensive) and i can't afford it.
    So can you guys make a way to stream on Switch without a capture card.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Marking highlights while streaming on console

for example when I am playing for a few hours of streaming meanwhile, it's quite time consuming going thrugh the whole stream to cut out the the matches with wins (for example)
    So if there is anyway to while streaming make a marker in the time line to eayser find the god segments.
    Hope I could descripe a so you guys understand.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base