Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. crescimento na plataforma e divulgação

olá sou stream quina platformaa com o nome de manu_gamer_noob,como é levado em consideração os streams de outras plataformas,pois sou do pc,e as vezes acho que levo desvantagem na questão de conseguir novos inscritos,e quanto a questao de divulgação na plataforma de canais pequenos para apoiar o crescimento tambem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Making a dedicated generic "VR" section

With mixer having a large portion of the audience from XBOX and there not being a current form of VR on that console. Is there a chance of getting a generic "VR" category to introduce people to the Virtual Reality realm?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Mixer Home Page

It is difficult for streamers with a low viewer count be found on the main Mixer page. The “Up and Coming” section seems like the best option today, but when one selects “See all” the streams are not sorted in any fashion. I have 2 suggestions. 1) Add a sort by viewer count (Highest to lowest and Lowest to highest). This would be a nice filter additional for ALL sections on the main page. 2) Add a new category on the main Mixer page titled “Trying To Breakthru” or something like that.

Another issue is trying to find a streamer…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Filter PC streamers only or Xbox streamers only

In the "filter" options... add an option to only show PC streamers only or Xbox streamers only etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. HypeZone for Paladins/Overwatch

HypeZone for Paladins/Overwatch, games that are very close or insane killstreaks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mix it Up button

Mix It Up button.

This could be a fun new way to discover new and random streamers across Mixer. A simple button that sends you to a random stream (in your rating group)? Like the stream? Stay and interact! Not for you? Hit Mix It Up again!

Could have a fun animation, that encourages people to Mix It Up!

Super simple but fun concept.

341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have HypeBot announce in chat when a streamer gets featured

Currently it seems that the only way to know if you're featured is by having someone come in saying they saw you on the front page. If HypeBot could announce it in the streamer's chat, it could really help them know and leverage the situation better. Also, perhaps a Constellation event could be created and triggered so that we could have the option to handle this ourselves with our own bots should we have HypeBot disabled in our stream settings.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Finding Friends

Hi, I'm not sure if this is already a feature and I'm just missing how to do this. But I think it would be really great if we were already following all of our friends on Mixer. It's super easy to find big streamers or who is streaming currently in a given game. It's not easy to search channels or find friends who you aren't following. I think we should all already be following people on our friends list. Or at least be able to search by XBL gamertag. Just some thoughts. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Discovery Page & Tags

If my english were a little better, I would explain all my thoughts to you.
    So these pictures and a few key points must suffice.
    > tags (audience, language, other)
    > fixed and optional tags
    > discover page with proper search and filter functions
    > search bar in the header

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A way to support small streamers

Recently I considered a way for Mixer to help support smaller streamers because as it is now, it's **** near impossible for anyone to actually get started especially with the ways Mixer and Twitch operate. By this, I mean, the streams with the most viewers are all you see. These streams continue to have the most because people see they have the most and just jump right in without giving anyone else a second thought. All most people want is to follow everyone else and be a part of the crowd. This prevents anyone who isn't already a massive streamer…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Help with exposure for new streamers

I absolutely love the idea of having HypeZone's for PUBG and Fortnite and also how all streamers can get randomly featured now each day however I still feel more can be done for not only new streamers but also people who have been streaming a while but are still low especially when they are playing a game other than Fortnite or PUBG. Maybe something like a variety hypezone for different games would be ideal to help the smaller streamers get that extra exposure. It can be very discouraging when streaming and playing a game you enjoy and you seem to…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Category searches for "programming" and/or "Security"

I would like to be able to put my show in a "programming" or "security" category area so that other people can find me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Streams from Non-Partnered Mixer streamers Filter

When filtering out who is streaming, there is an option to filter only partnered streamers on Mixer. I think it would be a great idea to have an option where you can view non-partnered streamers. I've attached a screenshot of where it can reside possibly.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Host

I believe hosting other streamers could be made better by Having a sub category of streamers you follow that are hosting showing WHO they are hosting even if it’s a line of text under their avatar

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to accumulate Microsoft Rewards Points using Mixer

For those of you unaware, you can earn Microsoft Rewards points for various activities like searching for stuff on Bing, buying items from the Microsoft store, etc.

The points earned can be used towards cool stuff like buying a month of Xbox Gold or Live. You can enter contests for xboxes, or computers.

I would love to see integration of this into Mixer. Searching for Mixer users, Searching for Games on Mixer. Watching Mixer streamers, or Streaming to Mixer could all accumulate points and draw more attention to the platform.

Rewarding our viewers with tangible points that can lead to…

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Season 2: Sparks to improve non-partnered viewership

Since viewers are now going to spend a lot of sparks in partnered streams, they will need a way to earn a lot more sparks. So I think that if viewers earned 2 or 3 times more sparks in non-partnered streams, it might encourage them to seek out smaller streamers and maybe even find a few they like. This way, viewers will have incentive to find smaller streams.

To encourage them more, there could be a tiered system. The smaller the stream, the more sparks you earn? I'm hoping this will balance out where viewers will spend their time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve game searching

When I search for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in the game search by typing in Zelda there are many games from that series but Breath of the Wild does not appear on the list.

In fact there are many popular Zelda games missing from the list when I search for Zelda. When I type Zelda into Twitch 36 games are shown including some from the Zelda series that do no actually have the word Zelda in the title.

On mixer you get 15 games appear which is less than half than that of Twitch. Trying to compete…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Nintendo Switch App

Hello there. I love the possibility or streaming directly from my Xbox One, but it would be awesome to have this option on Nintendo Switch too. Also, Nintendo agreed to allow Xbox accounts on its console to play Minecraft. It would be great to have Mixer app on Nintendo Switch.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. NOT filter - omit certain games or criteria

Sometimes I find myself looking for new streams to watch, however there are certain games I am just not in the mood to watch.
    It would be nice to be able to still browse the main feed of channels, but to omit certain games, or perhaps audience ratings, etc. (via filters)

Currently you have to ignore said games while scrolling the main list, or hop from specific game to specific game.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability To Have Multiple (2) Categories/Tags

Now that we have the Retro tag, it brought forward a minor problem: Having to choose between the title your playing, or the retro tag. It'd be nice to have the ability to have a secondary tag that could enable streamers to improve their own discoverability/describe their stream.

For example Obscure Retro Game Title/Retro, Stardew Valley/Chill, Fornite/ Hyped, Fallout 4/Fallout Series, Zelda/Nintendo, Indie title/blind, PubG/Open Lobby

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base