Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Modify the front page for better discovery

Put the search box at the top bar. It is ludicrous you have to scroll down to find it.

Move Following to the very top of the page or just make it a button at the top and remove it from the front page. People should know who they follow. Why take up discovery space for this?

Next Section Recommended Streams based on viewing history: Show streamers streaming content similar to streamers they follow.

Next Section Up and Coming. Ensure that the algorithm or whatever you want to call it ensures that the same game does not dominate the space.…

31 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • I wish I had the option to filter for what platform I wanted to watch "Pc, Xbox, Wi, PS4"

I wish I had the option to filter for what platform I wanted to watch "Pc, Xbox, Wi, PS4"

55 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Display Offline Streamers Hosting

Hosting is only relative on Mixer when you have viewers in your channel. Of your followed offline streamers there's no place to view a list who's being hosted by the streamers you follow.

There currently isn't any accessible way to see if streamers you follow are hosting anyone; as it requires viewers to go directly to the streamer's stream first - but when they're offline it doesn't show in a section anywhere that they're hosting.

Comparatively, on Twitch: hosted streamers is very accessible, as it's clearly laid out in a subsection of Following/Live.

TLDR; Display a list of followed offline…

54 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Have HypeBot announce in chat when a streamer gets featured

Currently it seems that the only way to know if you're featured is by having someone come in saying they saw you on the front page. If HypeBot could announce it in the streamer's chat, it could really help them know and leverage the situation better. Also, perhaps a Constellation event could be created and triggered so that we could have the option to handle this ourselves with our own bots should we have HypeBot disabled in our stream settings.

40 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Mix it Up button

Mix It Up button.

This could be a fun new way to discover new and random streamers across Mixer. A simple button that sends you to a random stream (in your rating group)? Like the stream? Stay and interact! Not for you? Hit Mix It Up again!

Could have a fun animation, that encourages people to Mix It Up!

Super simple but fun concept.

292 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • I want to accumulate Microsoft Rewards Points using Mixer

For those of you unaware, you can earn Microsoft Rewards points for various activities like searching for stuff on Bing, buying items from the Microsoft store, etc.

The points earned can be used towards cool stuff like buying a month of Xbox Gold or Live. You can enter contests for xboxes, or computers.

I would love to see integration of this into Mixer. Searching for Mixer users, Searching for Games on Mixer. Watching Mixer streamers, or Streaming to Mixer could all accumulate points and draw more attention to the platform.

Rewarding our viewers with tangible points that can lead to…

96 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • NOT filter - omit certain games or criteria

Sometimes I find myself looking for new streams to watch, however there are certain games I am just not in the mood to watch.
                It would be nice to be able to still browse the main feed of channels, but to omit certain games, or perhaps audience ratings, etc. (via filters)

Currently you have to ignore said games while scrolling the main list, or hop from specific game to specific game.

33 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Mixer in PS4

you could make the app available for download on ps4, just like twitch, youtube, netflix, etc.

10 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Discovery Page & Tags

If my english were a little better, I would explain all my thoughts to you.
                    So these pictures and a few key points must suffice.
                    > tags (audience, language, other)
                    > fixed and optional tags
                    > discover page with proper search and filter functions
                    > search bar in the header

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability To Have Multiple (2) Categories/Tags

Now that we have the Retro tag, it brought forward a minor problem: Having to choose between the title your playing, or the retro tag. It'd be nice to have the ability to have a secondary tag that could enable streamers to improve their own discoverability/describe their stream.

For example Obscure Retro Game Title/Retro, Stardew Valley/Chill, Fornite/ Hyped, Fallout 4/Fallout Series, Zelda/Nintendo, Indie title/blind, PubG/Open Lobby

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Hype Zone for Ring Of Elysium

Can the game Ring Of Elysium get a hype zone. It is a free to play BR on Steam. This game is currently PC only. But it is perfectly set up for a hypezone situation. Because of the battles you get into before you leave in the helicopter. On Mixer this hasn't taken off yet. Some partners play the game. But outside of them it doesn't see much traffic. If this game were to be highlighted by the hypezone. It would show the world Mixer isn't just a console gamer's platform. It would show the world that Mixer is welcome…

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add an Additional Filter For the "Following Tab"

I enjoy the new Filters, so if you want to see only Partnered streamers you follow, you can do that. However I follow so many people, not only is it hard to keep track of them, I don't know how long it's been since I've been on their channel. This is a good Idea if one if your favorite streamers in live, but you haven't visited his / her channel in quite a while, you could easily find it with this filter. Like I'm thinking start with 7 days, 15 days, 30 days, 1 1/2 months, and / or go…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• #Organization #Mixer #Unique-ideas "A Unique Idea"

A unique feature that @WatchMixer should implement is the ability to move streams around and organize our "Following" page the way we want to. That way we can access streamers we watch the most more easily.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• X Box curated featured page for all streams

Currently the xbox app has a featured page that has insane potential to be used for discovery, as it curates the featured streams by games within the viewers game library and any games they may have viewed on a mixer stream. This feature only directs users to partnered streamers. My proposal is that this feature be accessible to all users, not just partners. This will not only help with the "lack of variety" mixer has, but it will also help the with the discovery of people who are deserving of views, but unable to obtain them.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Change to game directory searches: include VOD

Currently if you search the game directory for a game that currently has nobody streaming you can't actually go any further than that, it would be nice if it would also include vods - so if I do search for a game nobody is streaming - at that time - I would still be able to get to the vods, and would still be able to follow those people.

11 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Language based, none partner spotlight channels

I think it would be a great thing to have Mixer channels like the hypezone, which switches through all NONE mixer partner channels every 5 to 10 mins, so those small streamers have a better chance to get noticed and maybe even grow a bit.

You could also support streamers with a specific language, like a spanish hypezone channel (only streamers who speak spanish will be shown there) and people who want to watch spanish people (or their own language like french or german) can watch their favorite language streams.

English hypezone should of course have more than one channel,…

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Season 2: Sparks to improve non-partnered viewership

Since viewers are now going to spend a lot of sparks in partnered streams, they will need a way to earn a lot more sparks. So I think that if viewers earned 2 or 3 times more sparks in non-partnered streams, it might encourage them to seek out smaller streamers and maybe even find a few they like. This way, viewers will have incentive to find smaller streams.

To encourage them more, there could be a tiered system. The smaller the stream, the more sparks you earn? I'm hoping this will balance out where viewers will spend their time.

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Streams from Non-Partnered Mixer streamers Filter

When filtering out who is streaming, there is an option to filter only partnered streamers on Mixer. I think it would be a great idea to have an option where you can view non-partnered streamers. I've attached a screenshot of where it can reside possibly.

5 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Category searches for "programming" and/or "Security"

I would like to be able to put my show in a "programming" or "security" category area so that other people can find me.

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make Hypezone Hype Again

Lately I feel like Hypezone is well, not active. It has views which is great but there is no chat, no one follows or hosts or interacts with your stream at all. It feels, well, dead. I think a lot of this has to do with the split chat, I remember when the chat was combined and there was always people chatting and interacting with the stream being hosted. I think Hypezone is a fantastic idea to help out smaller streamers grow, and that can only happen through interaction. I believe re-combining the chats would be a large step in…

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base