Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mod

I’m loving the new updates to the Mixer beta. However, allowing mods to delete comments on the mobile app would be a great addition to the new features offered with the Mixer beta app. Right now, we can only delete our own comments in chat via the mobile app. There are times when mods want to simply delete a comment, but currently the only options that are available to mods are to timeout and ban the user who’s comment we want to delete.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. streamer sees all whispers

Is there a way for the streamers and/or mods to see every bodies whispers in the chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ban users by IP

Banning someone in a channel only bans that username, and does nothing to stop people from making new accounts, to then come back and continue to do the same thing.

An IP ban may make it more difficult for people to do this. There will always be ways around an IP ban, but it's more effort than simply creating a new account with a time-limited email.

IP ban should be limited to that channel, as it could obviously be abused. The streamer or their mods should also NOT be allowed to see the user's IP due to various reasons. It…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. List of channels you are modded in under your network

Under Your Network, having a section showing the channels that you are currently modded in to quickly go between them

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. User Flagging

I propose that when an user gets banned from more than ex. 5 channels he/she gets a "flag" that ONLY the mods and up can se.
    Just as an heads up that this user has been banned in other chats.
    But also an filter that the streamer can set so that users that have been banned X-1 times can enter the chat but X or X+Y cannot enter the chat.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Beam Bot AutoMod

Twitch just released this today, if you could have something similar to the automod on Twitch, that would be awesome! I still am Beam primary, but that would make Beam even better!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mod whisper to offender

So, with Costreaming being bigger and more important, we are seeing major increases in traffic and I would like to whisper a user when they are spamming and such instead of spamming chat. But if we whisper no other mods can see that I warned them, so every mod will spend time trying to do each user. So, could we get a /mw or something that will allow me to whisper such that other mods can see it and not have to also respond.
    This would also be great to try to implement with user logging/tracking. (so mods can see…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. user history

Sometimes users will be trouble makers over time. Would it be possible to add features like /history that will display timeouts and deletes in that stream over a given period of time (1 week or 1 month?) So if someone has consistently been timed out by other mods over the past week we can take more severe actions to eliminate future issues?
    Also /note would be good to add a note as to why someone was timed out or deleted. Not a requirement, but it will help share information among mods across from day to day.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a global troll list

There should be a way to have a global troll list where a person can be reported for trolling and then can be banned for an example on all channels if the streamer ops into the global troll list.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mod Chat Only

I was curious if there is any plans on an implementation of having a way for mods to have a private chat during streams? I understand using whispers, but accidentally whispering wrong people or forgetting to whisper when sending repeated messages to other mods is a concern sometimes. Having it in a tab with the viewer list and other options could allow mods to communicate more freely. This would be especially useful for co-streams. Thank you for all that the Mixer staff does.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Highlight a message button for moderators

Add a highlight button for moderators that allows them to feature certain messages for the streamer to look at.

This could look like a pinned message at the top of the chat, for fast moving chats, and should be dismissable by either the streamer or the moderator once the streamer has acknowledged seeing it.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Moderator Control

Make it so moderators can change the title and the game you're playing.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prevention of ****** Assault / Child Predator TOOLS for CAT

Give MS / Xbox / Mixer / CAT the tools to deal with certain convicted offenders.
    Primarily aimed at Domestic Abuse, ****** Assault ( Both Adult and Children ) to prevent these kind of people to be on the platform.
    Since Mixer has a native Xbox app which is used widely by all ages, including kids, and does not have any way to verify that someone is not lying about their age, I feel its important that we keep our users safe.

People with certain convictions are not allowed near Schools , Parks, sometimes even the internet, depending on the…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Less strict rules for bans/suspensions

Recently someone I watch on Mixer was suspended for something out of his control. He was in a multiplayer game and someone said the N word. He didn't say it, but was banned for it.
    I feel like this shouldn't be a thing. As when you are in a multiplayer game, you can not control what other people do. Of course there does have to be a line and I think as long as the streamer does something after something like this happens to prevent it, such as leaving the game, muting the person, telling them to stop, etc, the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mixer TOS and Guidelines

There are times I find it annoying to show people where guidelines are and where the TOS is. Will it ever be possible to just merge it all together? Then we'll have only 1 link instead of having 2 links. It's time we have 1 golden rulebook that has it all in one article, 1 website link, one love.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Channel Editors to Delete Messages from Moderators

There are at times where moderators can make a mistake during important times such as when a streamer gets featured and the moderator doesn't delete their message nor does the caster because they are focused on the game. That is why I believe we as Channel Editors should be able to delete a message from moderators considering Channel Editors are something of Administrators.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Delete terms that you'd ban/suspend for having in a username

While CATBot can and will delete comments that are not harmful, why not override CATBot settings on terms that you as a company have stated in your terms you will suspend if used.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better Hypezone Moderation

This may be exclusive to Rainbow Six Siege but yesterday a few friends and I discovered that the Rainbow Six Hypezone will feature people in custom games. Now this isn't inherently bad if its like a formed team grudge match but no. This was a 1v1 with two children well under the rating limit age for the game. As well, I got featured on hypezone while in the main menu of the game, to which they moved on before the 15 second queue even concluded. I feel like it is entirely automated and plays like a recorded message with no…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Revoking Pro Promo Benefits

So we all know there has been a huge influx of people getting their 3 months of Mixer Pro because of the anniversary. I think it was an awesome promo personally. But I think it should be given with a stipulation that if you are banned or timed out from a select number of channels(maybe 5-10) your free pro should be revoked. Some purple blueberries say enough to get the account banned which helps but others just spam chats or say borderline stuff to troll but no risk getting reported. So I think this could be a good change, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Select what CATbot DOES when someone is tagged

I would like the ability to have CATbot outright BAN someone from chat not just purge their text. While purging it gets rid of the offense skipping straight to a ban for a blacklist of words would be better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base