Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. unmod urself

can unmod youself on someones channel when you didnt what to be a mod on someones channel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Channel editors being able to see who is subbed

With discord being so prominent withing the streaming community a lot of partnered streamers have special sub only rooms in discord(Sub only giveaways , movie nights , etc). Having these sub only rooms means that we also have to add a sub role and give it to those who sub .

As of right now we have the discord mixer bot which is supposed to assign follower and sub roles to people . The issue with that is that a decent amount of people don't link their Mixer account with their Discord account . To add to that problem i've…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CatBot tells the chatter their message has been removed

I appreciate CatBot informing me of the message that has been removed, however I think the user who sent the message should also be notified of this too.
    Today I had an instance where a friend said something that the bot removed and was told he wasn't made aware at all that his message didn't go through, which seems a bit odd. I also had someone come in and be rude which the CatBot caught again, but similarly shouldn't they be told their message has been removed so they know nobody will see their message?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change HypeBot to be Able to Perform Moderation Actions

Hypebot is a cool built in way for streams to show in chat that someone followed, hosted, or subbed; but it could be so much more useful than just that.

Every stream you go to, a streamer either has a custom bot that has it's own account / linked to streamers account (which I'm not opposed to), or they have another bot like Scottybot and others.

Most of them all have the bot announce the same actions as HypeBot and the ability to perform moderation actions as well as commands, giveaways, and polls.

So what's the point of having the…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Global moderator?

A "global moderator" status in Mixer. This user would be a moderator in every stream, but would have really their own (strict) rules received from Mixer staff on how to be "a global moderator". If the rules of global moderation are broken, the user would lose the moderator status and receive a timeout/ban from Mixer depending on how many rules were broken.

I understand this might be difficult or that the streamer wants to decide her/his own mods, but I thought this might be a good idea for those new streamers who do not have moderators yet. Of course, the…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Logs for mods and caster.

So with all the new activity, and with mods having their work cut out for them, I've decided on a couple features I'd love to see with Beam to make our lives as mods just the tiniest bit easier and more convenient. One thing I'd like to see from Beam is some sort of Mod Log, preferably one that pops out like chat and can be linked with multiple chats at once. It should just be some sort of window that shows who's been punished, in which chat, by which moderator, for how long, and why. Another feature that would…

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow mods to alert streamers to a situation

Enable a moderator to post an alert to a streamer which is pinned to the top of chat until the streamer dismisses it. There are times when a mod needs to alert the streamer of an issue but due to the speed of chat it becomes very difficult for the mod to get a message in chat as the streamer is looking.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mod of Mods

Hey, I am a mod in several channels and I have a suggestion that i would hope we can implement one day. Some of the mods in channels can act out at times and I was thinking that a channel editor or maybe a new role could be in place so that when and if that happens the streamer doesn't have to address it or put the stream on hold in order to take care of the situation. I understand that is a lot of power but streamers would at least have the option to make a mod with those…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mod Announcements *Sort of*

Im a mod for one of your partners and were currently holding trials for new mods and i struck me with an idea, what if within the chat mods and the streamer can directly chat to/with the other mods without the other peolpe in the chat seeing, i know that there is whispers but i mean like a group thing, and this could be a thing that you get with partners. Also what if there was a temp mod thing that you can give to people then is a limited mod role like they can only timeout and delete messages…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Moderator

To assign which moderators have the ability to do what. Currently no option to remove moderators ability to purge/ clear chat. Or choose which mod can do which type of task.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a Mod Chat/Whisper Mods feature for Channels

Add a way for mods to chat via a group chat function that whispers other mods in the same channel.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fully ban people from stream sniping

Add option to fully ban as i keep getting stream sniped and its stupid that you cant fully ban from chat and viewing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have an idea about how to help new moderators of a channel.

I have an idea about how to help new moderators of a channel.

When a comment is deleted, someone is timeout, or someone gets banned it crosses everything they have said off in the chat. Instead of all the colors for the line to be white I would suggest that the color of the line for a ban be red, a timeout yellow, and a deleted comment stay white. Then this way new mods that are trying to learn how current moderators moderate a channel can get a feel of what situation should be a delete, timeout or ban.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. List of Who I'm a mod for?

I've been here on Beam/Mixer for almost a year now, and I've become a pretty popular/well known moderator for a LOT of streamers.

I wish I had a list to see who I'm moderating for, when they're online/streaming, etc.

Currently trying to bounce between all my streams that Im most active in, but I would like if I was able to go back to some that I dont see very often. (Either because they rarely stream or Im busy modding so many other channels at once).

Even if its just a little icon next to their name under my "Network"…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Report Emails

I think it would be a great idea if streamers had the option to have mixer email them when an account gets reported from their stream. For example, if a moderator (or some other user) reports another viewer in chat, the streamer will get an email saying who was reported, and who issued the report. Make this an option, so bigger streamers don't get overloaded with emails!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let the streamer and moderators see when moderators time out and ban viewers.

When a message is deleted, a person is timed out or banned please show who did it and what they did. As it is right now, the message just gets a line through it but the streamer and the other moderators can't tell what happened. I think it is important to be able to see what has happened and which moderator did the action so everyone can be on the same page.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mod Chat and Logging

Clearly Im not the first to suggest a mod chat but this includes more than just a chat. One of the channels I mod gets a few hundred players regularly and sometimes we get big waves of trolls and kinda end up stepping on each others' toes when it comes to modding. Also we currently use discord to contact each other but it would be useful to talk to just those in the stream currently as well about things in the moment.

But personally just picturing it being like /message but /mc or /modchat which would also include mod actions.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ban and Report Automatically

I would love it if when you ban someone from your channel, it would send a report with the last few messages that person said to Beam so this way if it's something really offensive, Beam could then handle that account so other streamers don't have to experience the banned person in question.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Timed-out Indicator

As a moderator, I'd like to see an indication in the viewer list of a user's timed-out duration (remaining). I'd like this to be only visible to mods. It helps when a channel has multiple mods to see what another mod has done, and not accidentally ban someone who just needed timed-out. It also helps to know when a potential 'troublemaker' may be re-entering chat and to be doubly prepared.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Moderation Custom Ranks

The ability to setup ranks to determine what abilities moderators have.

Rank optional abilities - Channel editor /game editor/ vod controls (download) / Ban / purge / clear chat / timeout / etc..

Ability to setup custom ranks with controls mentioned above checked on or off.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base