Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I'm not sure if previous messages were sent from this email or another but disregard previous sent messages sorry for the trouble

I'm not sure if previous messages were sent from this email or another but disregard previous sent messages sorry for the trouble

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mods abusing ban function

As a streamer ive run into many problems regarding mods banning users for no reason! the problem.. I CANT FIGURE OUT WHOS BANNING EVERYONE! there needs to be a feature added that streamers can set permissions for which mods can ban people & a function that shows which mods are banning and timing people out!
    Thank You

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can you share the moderation activity so that we can build commands or logs to keep track of you mods. This way we can see if any of them ar

Can you share the moderation activity so that we can build commands or logs to keep track of you mods. This way we can see if any of them are abusing power and would help make mixer a safer platform. I am most concerned with MixItUp as having the ability to make the Event "User Ban" make a log of Which User got banned and by whom that user was banned

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Impement viewer reputation metric for streamer/mods

Implement a global reputation system visible to streamers and mods that gives some indication of the viewers past behavior. Similar to the reputation on Xbox live.

Something simple that just highlights reports made, bans and timeouts would be useful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Moderator Hub Overhaul

There are a few of these things that have been covered in other posts but not all of them. I think there should be an overall rework in the modding system.

First, I know a lot of us mods who are all over the platform and mod for dozens of people would like some way to be able to see all channels we mod for or at least the ones that are live almost like a search filter or a tab in the manage channel section of the account. I think it would help people like me who may be…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mod Accountability

Moderator punishments are currently anonymous: Although it's posed no problem in the stream I moderate, this allows no accountability to a moderator's punishment which can allow one to go rogue at any point in time with no way of checking who is deleting messages. With a chat log, timeouts and bans can be monitored since those are commands, but it'd be best if a small message popped up in all chats for the streamer at least, if not the other moderators as well. This would allow moderators to be immediately responsible for people they timeout/ban and for messages they delete.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sub List

Pulling sub lists into an excel file, or just in general would help many IRL streamers (not a huge category, yet...).

I, personally, offer subs additional benefits; however, not being able to verify who is/isn't a sub on Mixer inhibits my ability to do so.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ban

When I ban someone I don't want them to see my stream. One reason being, if I were playing a viewer game like Jackbox where the room code is visible to all that are in the room, they can easily keep trolling every game. Second, we need 18+ streams not viewable by those that are guests. Once again to keep trolls out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Followage fix!

Would be awesome if there would be a way to undo !followage accident resets by hitting the unfollow button. Also if there a lot of chatting (chat moves super fast) and you need to remove a user from channel by banning him quickly (if that person really needs bannin fastly), but you accidentally ban wrong person from the channel and the persons followage and all gets resetted by that. So I was just wondering if there could be a way to like undo that reset the person gets. Although I saw that there was a suggestion about followdate that would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Moderator Ban and Timeout with Reason

I would love to have a feature for my moderators that when they /ban @person "reason" would log this on a tab similar to were users are under manage channel. This would be excellent to see who banned or timed out a user and why.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. the /setgame command needs fixing

the /setgame command needs fixing, trying to set it to music sets it to music zoo

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Temporary Mod Role

Streamers should have the ability to temporarily mod a trusted user that expires when they go offline. The streamer could temp mod the user if they see a spike in "troll" traffic that they normally don't have.

A situation that this feature would be useful would be something like a raid or being hosted by one of the "Hype" channels and they see a sudden influx of new users...if those users start misbehaving the streamer can '/tempmod @user' to give the user mod permissions to help the normal moderators in that situation.

I understand that the streamer can '/unmod @user'…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Mods to set slow chat timing

Can we (mods) get the ability to set the chat speed settings? When a streamer gets raided or has hundreds of viewers, they're busy with other things and can't always waste their own time to do something simple like slowing chat down. Something easy like /chat slow 0 (no delays) or /chat speed 5 (5 second wait time), etc.?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stream Markers

Ability for Streamers to press a button during stream to time mark VOD's. It like the clip ability but for post stream video editing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. WPC Boards

WPC has non-structural benefits and can be used towards flooring, decking, and ceiling. WPC boards is a long-lasting solution that can have both outdoor as well indoor uses.
    https://stratongroup.com/pvc-boards-plywood-replacement.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Moderation Logs & Admin Role

Hello, I would like to share my ideas with the mixer developers what i have in mind.

#1 Moderation Logs

Details: The feature will only be able to be seen by the Stream himself. What the feature does is logs every ban/timeout a moderator has done in that session of the stream. After the stream is over, he could either save the logs(txt) to his pc or just discard it.

Example Format:
    @8i has Timed-out @(user) for (time)
    @8i has Banned @(user)
    @8i has deleted @user message (message)
    @8i has cleared chat

If this caused confusion @8i is my alias…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mods list

If you are a mod for a channel there should be a seperate catagory which you can visit to see who you mod for

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Catbot striking out mods

So, I'm sure by now that the CAT team has knowledge of the fact that catbot (or catbutt as it's known in my moderation part of mixer) has the ability to strike out any message it sees unfit to have in chat. And that they have seen that it strikes out messages wrongly, kinda like a cat would cause most are just ignorant :/, so they put in a restore system. Great! Awesome, we can now restore messages that catbutt wrongly got rid of! One small problem though...it can delete mod and streamer messages and the streamer can only restore…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Moderation

Is there any way to have a list of how many streamers a person moderates for? I would really like to know how many people I moderate for.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. mod

Maybe make it possible to set a note on someone you ban, that way we can remember why we banned them and when, so that if they or someone asks we can tell them and decide if it is/isn't a good idea to give them another chance. Also makes it easier on the streamer so that they know why someone is getting banned, if they weren't apart of the interaction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base