Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chat Control

Hey all!

So we're having a rampant issue with toxicity. Now pretty much all of us know that most of the issues in chat we face are coming from small children not supposed to be on the site but that doesn't make dealing with the comments any easier.
    A lot of the times we are seeing these comments come directed at many of our female content creators and this issue is causing some of them to stop their streams due to not being able to deal with it anymore.

I'm bringing forward a solution that may help course correct how…

222 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Prevention of ****** Assault / Child Predator TOOLS for CAT

Give MS / Xbox / Mixer / CAT the tools to deal with certain convicted offenders.
      Primarily aimed at Domestic Abuse, ****** Assault ( Both Adult and Children ) to prevent these kind of people to be on the platform.
      Since Mixer has a native Xbox app which is used widely by all ages, including kids, and does not have any way to verify that someone is not lying about their age, I feel its important that we keep our users safe.

People with certain convictions are not allowed near Schools , Parks, sometimes even the internet, depending on the…

91 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Minimum Suspension Times

I propose that Mixer implement time spans on suspensions for rule-breaking in a similar fashion to other platforms with a minimum suspension of time of 24 hours.

This will make it more clear cut on how long a user will be suspended at minimum for breaking Mixer's rules

(I am aware some violations may require longer but feel this should be a minimum)

56 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Less strict rules for bans/suspensions

Recently someone I watch on Mixer was suspended for something out of his control. He was in a multiplayer game and someone said the N word. He didn't say it, but was banned for it.
          I feel like this shouldn't be a thing. As when you are in a multiplayer game, you can not control what other people do. Of course there does have to be a line and I think as long as the streamer does something after something like this happens to prevent it, such as leaving the game, muting the person, telling them to stop, etc, the…

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Show bans and timeouts for mods and streamers

Mods and streamers needs to see who gets banned ou timeouted, and who banned him, via text on the chat, to reduce the afford for mods and streamers. A ban list is something useful too.

36 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Mod Accountability

Moderator punishments are currently anonymous: Although it's posed no problem in the stream I moderate, this allows no accountability to a moderator's punishment which can allow one to go rogue at any point in time with no way of checking who is deleting messages. With a chat log, timeouts and bans can be monitored since those are commands, but it'd be best if a small message popped up in all chats for the streamer at least, if not the other moderators as well. This would allow moderators to be immediately responsible for people they timeout/ban and for messages they delete.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Moderator Ban and Timeout with Reason

I would love to have a feature for my moderators that when they /ban @person "reason" would log this on a tab similar to were users are under manage channel. This would be excellent to see who banned or timed out a user and why.

12 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Moderation Logs & Admin Role

Hello, I would like to share my ideas with the mixer developers what i have in mind.

#1 Moderation Logs

Details: The feature will only be able to be seen by the Stream himself. What the feature does is logs every ban/timeout a moderator has done in that session of the stream. After the stream is over, he could either save the logs(txt) to his pc or just discard it.

Example Format:
                  @8i has Timed-out @(user) for (time)
                  @8i has Banned @(user)
                  @8i has deleted @user message (message)
                  @8i has cleared chat

If this caused confusion @8i is my alias…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Mods list

If you are a mod for a channel there should be a seperate catagory which you can visit to see who you mod for

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Emotes for Mods

As a way to show appreciate for mods and all that they do for Mixer I think it would great if they could use the emotes of the partners they mod for.

103 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Allow Channel Editors to Delete Messages from Moderators

There are at times where moderators can make a mistake during important times such as when a streamer gets featured and the moderator doesn't delete their message nor does the caster because they are focused on the game. That is why I believe we as Channel Editors should be able to delete a message from moderators considering Channel Editors are something of Administrators.

7 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• unmod urself

can unmod youself on someones channel when you didnt what to be a mod on someones channel

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Moderation

Is there any way to have a list of how many streamers a person moderates for? I would really like to know how many people I moderate for.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Channel editors being able to see who is subbed

With discord being so prominent withing the streaming community a lot of partnered streamers have special sub only rooms in discord(Sub only giveaways , movie nights , etc). Having these sub only rooms means that we also have to add a sub role and give it to those who sub .

As of right now we have the discord mixer bot which is supposed to assign follower and sub roles to people . The issue with that is that a decent amount of people don't link their Mixer account with their Discord account . To add to that problem i've…

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Moderator Hub Overhaul

There are a few of these things that have been covered in other posts but not all of them. I think there should be an overall rework in the modding system.

First, I know a lot of us mods who are all over the platform and mod for dozens of people would like some way to be able to see all channels we mod for or at least the ones that are live almost like a search filter or a tab in the manage channel section of the account. I think it would help people like me who may be…

49 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Delete terms that you'd ban/suspend for having in a username

While CATBot can and will delete comments that are not harmful, why not override CATBot settings on terms that you as a company have stated in your terms you will suspend if used.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Temporary Mod Role

Streamers should have the ability to temporarily mod a trusted user that expires when they go offline. The streamer could temp mod the user if they see a spike in "troll" traffic that they normally don't have.

A situation that this feature would be useful would be something like a raid or being hosted by one of the "Hype" channels and they see a sudden influx of new users...if those users start misbehaving the streamer can '/tempmod @user' to give the user mod permissions to help the normal moderators in that situation.

I understand that the streamer can '/unmod @user'…

27 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Better Hypezone Moderation

This may be exclusive to Rainbow Six Siege but yesterday a few friends and I discovered that the Rainbow Six Hypezone will feature people in custom games. Now this isn't inherently bad if its like a formed team grudge match but no. This was a 1v1 with two children well under the rating limit age for the game. As well, I got featured on hypezone while in the main menu of the game, to which they moved on before the 15 second queue even concluded. I feel like it is entirely automated and plays like a recorded message with no…

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Catbot striking out mods

So, I'm sure by now that the CAT team has knowledge of the fact that catbot (or catbutt as it's known in my moderation part of mixer) has the ability to strike out any message it sees unfit to have in chat. And that they have seen that it strikes out messages wrongly, kinda like a cat would cause most are just ignorant :/, so they put in a restore system. Great! Awesome, we can now restore messages that catbutt wrongly got rid of! One small problem though...it can delete mod and streamer messages and the streamer can only restore…

12 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Mods to set slow chat timing

Can we (mods) get the ability to set the chat speed settings? When a streamer gets raided or has hundreds of viewers, they're busy with other things and can't always waste their own time to do something simple like slowing chat down. Something easy like /chat slow 0 (no delays) or /chat speed 5 (5 second wait time), etc.?

20 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base