Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Continuing to watch a stream while leaving the app.

So I recently started watching Mixer due to Ninja switching over from Twitch. I watch on my iPad and I noticed you can’t leave the app while still watching the stream like you’re able to on Twitch.. this would be the only reason I would choose to watch someone on twitch rather than watching Ninja or someone else on Mixer. Hoping you can change it to where if I click my home button while the stream is open then it will still play in a small box at the corner of my screen like on Twitch so I can work…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Background Audio for iOS App

Every time you switch away from the app to text or check Twitter or do anything else on your iPhone, the stream audio stops and does not play in the background. It’s super annoying.

I understand the implications with earning Sparks and all that, but I can’t imagine it’d be that difficult to say you don’t earn sparks with background audio active.

Thanks!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Background stream audio when you exit the app

Dear mixer

For iOS and Android mixer does not have backgrounding ability. backgrounding is when you leave the app the audio still plays in the background just like on TWITCH and also when using the music app. Currently when youre watching a stream and you press home, the audio stops. This should not happen and instead the audio should keep playing in the background. Please implement this change.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. IOS APP NEEDS BACKGROUND AUDIO FEATURE

IOS APP NEEDS BACKGROUND AUDIO FEATURE

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Chromecast optimization

I've recently watched more on your website because of your acquisitions, which is nice. I watch alot over chromecast tho. And any stream i try to watch i get constent stutters. It's unwatchable with basicly every stream.

Twitch had the same issue, The resolving issue was that your allowed to set the quality from Automatic to 1080p. Because the chromecast can't really "comprehend" deciding between different video qualities, which would just result in endless lag. In your app, the ability to decide video quality is removed when you cast from a mobile device.

I would really hope you can resolve…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. audio only backgrounding

I’ve added this to this forum multiple times over the past 2 years but I think it’s important to try again since mixer is picking up large casters these days.

Mobile App NEEDS audio only backgrounding. A huge selection of viewers on these platforms “work and lurk.”

For those who don’t know, currently we have an option for audio only but the second you lock your phone screen to save battery, it cuts off the App. This just seems like such an easy thing to adjust however I’m not a program designer so maybe not, but it needs to happen.…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Streams Continue to Play in the Background on Mobile Devices

I know there have been posts about this in the past, one of which was marked as "Planned" in 2018, but I would like to see the addition of a backgrounding option for iOS and Android devices. It is almost inevitable that while watching streams on mobile devices, one receives texts, emails, etc. When replying to the majority of those alerts, one usually has to back out of the app thus pausing the stream and audio. I would like to see an option to toggle the ability to continue to run stream audio in the background of a device, even…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Listening to stream while phone is locked

I don’t know if it works with android but I know it doesn’t with iPhone. I would love for audio only mode to continue to play while phone is locked so I can listen like a podcast.

Thanks for listening,
    sassyninja

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. app

Make Mixer application for Apple TV

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Picture in Picture for iPad pls.

Just like with any other video/streaming app I can do whatever I want without the need of an opened window on my iPad, but with mixer I can’t do it while watching Ninja :-(

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Audio only mode - Lock Screen

Hi guys,

I would like to see audio only mode continue to play when the app is minimised or the mobile screen is locked. I like to listen to streams at work and this would be a greag addition.

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Background playing

You guys should make it so on the Mixer app you can play the audio of the streams in the background when you background the app while viewing a stream. That would be really convenient for me. Please and Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mobile app changes

I do not like where the mixplay button was moved to. If anything I would have liked the mixplay button to have stayed where it was and the leaderboards be placed where mixplay is at currently. In my eyes more people use mixplay than look at the leaderboards and it is a hassle to open up mixplay with where the button is rn right now.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My Experience On Mixer

Hello I'm new to Mixer & I'd like to give review of my experience with the app in this past couple of days.

1. The chat system needs alot of work there are 4 thing on persons name his profile pic, his name , what level are they & the subscription batch it makes the chat look so over filled.

2. Instead of whisper there should a mention option.

3. There needs to be add as a friend option.

4. There are like 3 things in the chat my Level, Ember Leaderboard, Donate ember & the people they need to be placed somewhere else…
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Background audio

Why does mixer refuse to add background audio? Product owners, are you reading this? You need this basic feature in your app before people take you seriously compared to twitch. Hate leaving the app and the audio stops

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. XBOX CONSOLE: mobile app integration

Xbox console mixer app integration.......For me i don't like it cause you can't see everything like you can on the mixer app like chat feed in full, chat level, mixer level, mixplay, sparks meter, sparks without going into spark/ember meter, in general how above the streaming screen is or how informative it is(app not in xbox home tab), to difficult to navigate....posted this here per MXCAT_Kratos agent

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screen off, audio only for app

Would be great to have the screen off on mobile and only have audio. Youtube and twitch apps have it. Makes it easier to listen while working.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio Playback outside of the app

I recently downloaded mixer coming from twitch. One feature I enjoyed is I can leave the twitch app and go to control center on my iPhone and play the audio from the stream outside the app via music playback in control center.

To me this was a key feature I used daily on twitch to listen to the audio when I wasn't able to watch the video. Some streams I watch they do just chatting for awhile and watching the video isn't needed. It save me battery life, and I can do other things while listening.

I hope this feature…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add background playback option

It’s nice to be able to listen to streams as you multitask on your phone

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Background Play for ios app

Hey mixer team,

I was wondering if you guys would be adding background play for your ios app? I use it on twitch when I go to sleep for some background noise, and with you guys gaining some of my favorite streamers (which I am really on board with 👍) I would love to be able to use such a feature with the mixer ios app!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base