Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Logging in with the username

Right now you can only log in with an email, y'all should add an option to log in eith the username as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the Non-Gaming categories to a separate menu under 'What Game are you streaming?'

I didn't discover the additional categories until I browsed way through the list. Then I did a search in google to locate a full list. Makes it a bit awkward to find, unless I missed something obvious?

Having another menu option below the Game Category, like "Not Gaming? Pick one of these categories!" It would make those categories more visible to every streamer and perhaps encourage some growth.

It could easily be worked in somehow, but I leave that for the UX/UI designers at Mixer. :D

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. making the chat box optional

I have been streaming a lot of fortnite but it realy annoying having a massive box cover part of the screen it would be nice just to have a bar with time ECT,but no bulky chat box. As it just gets in the way of some games.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mixer keyboard control adjustment suggestion.

I noticed you can control volume with your arrows on your keyboard now. ( Not sure if it was already implmented, but I only realised just now ) I think the control is way too low, like it only does 1 mm every second, so basically slow. Perhaps a faster or bigger jump from volume would be better :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. show subs in chat so that they stick out to be more easily acknowledged

I think that it will help supporters of a stream be more easily acknowledged if it showed in chat when someone subbed with some sort of background color change or cool border around the outside to draw some attention.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Past Broadcasts

I never heard about Mixer until Smite said they were going to record pro matches here. I was open minded, looking forward to some cool new stuff like they advertised. So far I haven't been happy AT ALL with this streaming platform.

First, whenever I'm watching a broadcast live, it'll freeze and skip after a while. Then it'll just stop. It's not a connection issue being that every other streaming platform doesn't do the same. I'll restart the app, then it'll be fine for maybe a max of 30 minutes. Then do the same.

Second, I can't go to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make co-stream layout client-sided.

Make it so that when watching a stream with a co-streamer(s), you select the arrangment of the windows as the viewer, because every viewer has different monitor arrangements/ window layouts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. View all followed channels in web version of site.

When you view the mixer site in a web browser, clicking the "Following" tab only brings up your followed channels when they are live. Why wouldn't it list all of your followed channels when live or not? Very annoying to have to search for a channel that you are already following to watch a past broadcast.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. please use the left side for pc moniters

for some reason when you shrink the screen or if it's small it will show up like the right stream. can it be like the left for pc users, so we can still chat and watch the video also (using this on google chrome if that matters or not)

right now it's set up so it works like a mobile version on pc which is not needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Re-open streams you closed on costreams

It's great that we can now close out streams on costreams, but there seems to be no way to re-open them (apart from refreshing the page).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Xbox settings

There should be more xbox settings, xbox is very limited on customisation for streams, it should have as equal setting from mobule, like chatbot, VoDs, & more chat commands. There should also be a way to add stuff on screen, or even add diffrent types of bots, that activate in certain situations (doing it without other programs) this would make people who stream on xbox, make there stream more interactive, and fun. :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mixer background Colour

I know mixer has the whole dark blue theme, but it can be hard to read white writing on a dark background for some people, myself included. So it would be nice if you could have the option for a lighter background with dark text, I have spoken to a few people who would like the same option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to select another langauge without account

I wish there was a option to select another language without need for a account. For example I am Norwegian and I can see Mixer has Norwegian langauge, but can't select it before I have created account and select it from Account settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. settings quit stream

when changing the size of the window to be lower than 1200px (the resolution you have decided is mobiles and tablets), you can still watch/hear the stream while being in your settings, problem is that you have to maximize (on mobile and tablet you can't) to be able to exit the settings without exiting the stream.
    even on mobile, I think it would be beneficial if it didn't quit the stream every time you were changing the settings, and leaving settings menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rearranging Streams in Costreams

Let the user rearrange the streams (like above each other, instead of beside) for better viewability (in narrower browser windows).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keep sound of stream you watched before Costream

When watching one streamer who joins a costream, the sound gets muted and you get the sound from the host streamer.
    But I think it would be better if it would keep the sound from the streamer you watched and mute the others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. HypeZone to include a channel description preview option.

An option to view the channel description of the channel currently featured on the HypeZone. Sort of like you can switch between the HypeZone chat and the channel chat, same thing for the channel description boxes streamers have.That way viewers can see more about the channel they're looking at without leaving HypeZone and have more incentive to follow the streamer if they see something they like.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Camera size

Since the new xbox update the webcam has become way smaller meaning my audience can not see me on the stream the camera size is the size of an ant pretty much. I Believe that mixer need to make available different webcam sizes because some one with bad sight definely won't see me streaming in the top corning as the new camera is tiny.

Images bellow old camera to new one (sorry old one is YouTube only reference image I had of the sizes)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base