Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 'Replay' button

A button that allows a user to go back 10-30 seconds in the a stream to re-view past moments/catch details. Preferably this would also have a built-in record button that grabs a .gif/video of set length from the 10-30 second period.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Built in Player Selection in Cog Wheel

With the existent option of Video Quality straight in the Video Player, the addition of Audio-Only feature is fantastic however, I believe we're still missing something rather important.

The possibility of choosing which Video Player to use instead of having to go to our account settings, change said Video Player settings and refresh.

It would be amazing to have this implemented in the Cog Wheel alongside with the Video Quality & Audio - Only mode.

Two screenshots will be in this suggestion to support my idea.

Best regards,
    Valsis (The Soup Princess)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple Ideas for Beam 2.0 Interfaces

I have multiple ideas to make improvement for Beam 2.0 Interfaces. Hopefully the list is long enough :)

1. I think we should still keep the gaming and non-gaming sections separate like Beam 1.0 because I think it would be easier to let viewers, like me to search "Arts/Drawing/Programming" in a section, then just look for that title in a pile of games just because it was listed based on viewership.

2. I think it would be cool to have a search bar to search for a certain type of gaming/non-gaming titles like the search bar for channels, because sometime…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Small qual

Small "quality of life"/"Ease of Access" adjustment. For the new site layout, in streamer's channels, would it be possible for the beam logo that takes you to the beam homepage, and the browse button, next to the streamer's name, to be right clickable? (at least in chrome, didnt test firefox) so you can open them in a new tab instead of leaving who you're watching temporarily, to be able to open more streams you want to watch? As i know many people watch multiple streams at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow custom avatar circles.

Streamers sometimes like having certain users don distinctive colors to easily find them in chat. While the color coded system for usernames is fairly ingrained in the Beam system, it could be argued that allowing a user to customize the border circle around their avatar wouldn't interrupt this existing system. But, it would allow the user to create a unique visual ID of themselves that would be easier for streamers to see without great disruption of existing systems. Allowing custom border shapes, patterns, and colors would be very useful here.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Panels

Create a panel system where you can display information and use BB code. (Hyperlinks, Bold, List, Etc)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Hosting Even More Useful

The following are a few ways that a few of us here on Beam think Hosting a channel could be used to improve the benefits to the streamer, the community, and the viewer:

1. Have a "Hosts" section on the beam.pro homepage (either between those you follow that are live and the unfollowed live streamers or on it's own tab, like Rising Stars, etc...)
    This would benefit both the streamer and the community in two ways. First, if someone goes to beam.pro and sees a bunch of the people in their community hosting a channel, then they are likely to…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FTL

Add a toggle to filter shown streamers to only those using FTL. Reasoning: it's the highlighted feature of the site, and most interesting/compelling, yet a user won't know who's using FTL unless they check each streamer themselves

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Panel on descriptions

To add a way to create panels in the livestream description like in twitch

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Browse by Rating" on the Homepage

During a stream, there was a discussion on how he dislikes raiding other streamers that have a "Mature" or even a "Teen" rating (he prefers to keep all content to a level where his young kids could watch). That got me, as well as others during the stream, thinking that something that needs to be a thing is a "Browse by Rating" on the Homepage. This will make it far easier to check on other streamers that have content of an equal rating without having to spend time clicking on each stream individually to see what it's labeled as (as…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to See the Spark emotes box smaller

I would like to see the Streamers Spark Emotes have it's own tile. That way the video size isn't affected by the streamers made spark emotes. So it would keep the standard size video display. As well the Emotes Could be up to 30 in that tile and you could hover your mouse over for the full description of them before you spent you spark if you wanted. Not sure if 30 is the right number but wouldn't want it to interfere with any streamers bio or any other important information they want people to know

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. the ability to see chat and manage it in the manage channel tab

the ability to see chat and manage it in the manage channel tab

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 small tweaks to interface

First, add a checkbox in options or on interface itself, that allow controls to be hidden by default. Its rather annoying to tap that "toggle controls" every time entering new channel.
    Second, allow messages like "this channel has been marked as mature by the caster" to be disabled. Maybe checkbox as well. Again, its annoying and usually useless(while i understand it to be related to age restrictions, its pointless for people who are past puberty). I watch streams on my second monitor(15") and that message appears right on top of "toggle controls". Combined with first issues, its a lot of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display Selected Game Name Filter

Show the name of the selected game in the "STREAMING NOW" row if a game filter has been selected (instead of the 'streaming now' text). Reasoning: the user expects to be shown streamers who are currently streaming so it's a little unnecessary to say that they are indeed streaming (especially since when they're not streaming it is specified with another divider, and currently streaming streamers have viewer counts on their cards, further visually differentiating them), and game names are sometimes so long the full name doesn't fit nicely in the sidebar or on the cards, a nice screen-wide bar like…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. emoticons

To show all of your current subscriptions emoticons so you know which ones you have available and can quick select them in other chats.

Also good if you don't auto re-sub and are unsure if the emote is still available to you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use franchises to create "hubs", instead of using individual games to organize and display Beam game list

There are many games that have some sort of expansion or new sequel or even old version of the game. Sometimes I have even seen games with same name displayed as if it was two different "Games" here on Beam.

So my idea is to make Beam better than the "Twitch way", where sometimes I got to see: Aion, Aion: Assault on Balaurea, Aion: Dark Betrayal, Aion: Upheaval.
    And even if all channels were on the same latest expansion/Version, they were all scattered around with different names because the streamer didn't bother to update the game.
    So I always wished…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Custom Notifiation Sounds

Yes please! :D

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search By Channel Audience

I would love a way to sort by audience. That way, I can look specifically for 'family friendly,' 'teen,' or 'mature' audiences and follow a few of each. Then, I can know who to raid safely on my channel's ideals.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add functionality to clear the "Game you're streaming" field

As someone who frequently hops onto new and/or pretty small Indie games (as well as some bigger games), that are not yet in the Player.me or Beam databases, I'd like to be able to set my currently streamed game to null as to not having to stream under a different game or a tag like "Podcast".

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 360

I would really like to be able to stream interactive 360 videos and be able to take advantage of this new technology. I thought it would be a really cool idea

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base