Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an event to Constellation that notifies a listener that a new VOD has been processed

Add an event to Constellation that notifies a listener that a new VOD has been processed, it would prevent developers that want to do things with VODs from having to poll the /recordings REST endpoint to find out if anything new has shown up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't Copy OAuth Client details

As of recent, after registering an OAuth client/consumer there is no way to copy the client_id and secret.

Originally you could just highlight each and copy but due to box sizing this was intuitive, but now the input elements are disabled making that even more difficulty to do.

I suggest adding 'copy-to-clip' functionality

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. users/current should return OAUTH scopes

As talked about on gitter, there is no way for an OAuth consumer to get the current scopes of a token. I suggest adding a list of scopes to `/user/current`.

There was talk that returning scopes is not part of the OAuth spec, and with that I respond: Neither is getting the user associated with the auth token.

Returning scopes would allow better 3rd party management of oauth tokens. "Does user have this newly required scope yet? Nope, then they need to re-auth".

"My project no longer needs this scope, has the user re-authed with the new set of scopes?…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Xbox One API

I'm assuming that with being acquired by Microsoft that there will be integration into the Xbox One console. That's great and all but would put you on par with Twitch. Opening the API could be groundbreaking by letting people develop apps to create stream overlays directly from the console. This would make the advantages of using Beam significantly higher!

- Keep Grinning!

Thanks to b4tchat for helping brainstorm ideas.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Developer-Controlled Confetti

It would be fantastic to have an API endpoint (or a chat packet, or... something) to deploy confetti on your own stream, for custom events and such. ;)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Followers Endpoint Fixes

The followers endpoint should be sortable and limitable like other endpoints within the api.

Currently only the current page's results are sortable.

Developers would love a URI to fetch for their latest follower.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. wordpress

Would love for a JQuery Wordpress Plugin to show online stream status

I've been using a plugin like this for WordPress, which detects if a stream is online and has a "Live" or "Offline" icon showing up. https://wordpress.org/plugins/twitch-status/

Would love if someone was able to implement this for streams who have their own website and/or embed their Beam streams on their site.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make dynamic image updates for descriptions

So, i had a few people request for me to make a website to embed in beam channel descriptions that would show when other users are live. But beam does not allow embeds(iframe) thus i thought, what if i make a website that outputs an image that says when the user is live or not. so i made that site. but because of CloudFlair's caching system the images do not update in the channel description. My request is dynamic image updates in channel descriptions. i think this would benefit a lot of people, and really benefit bigger stream team owners.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make /api/v1/users/<user> endpoint work with string username too

I've been working with the Beam API recently and part of what I've been doing includes looking up data about users. The API is pretty great in regards to most things, but the /api/v1/users/<user> endpoint is not one of those in regards to the fact you *have* to use the user ID to look up a user.

Obviously, you can search the API for the user, and then get the ID from that, but it would be really nice if you could make a request to https://beam.pro/api/v1/users/Matt instead of https://beam.pro/api/v1/users/137.

This shouldn't be too difficult to implement, but would…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Kill stream remotely

Grant us the ability to kill the stream remotely.

If something goes wrong with your interactive stream but you are not next to the host computer and are unable to remote in, you might want to kill the stream and have it start hosting someone else so that viewers aren't wasting their time.

[Last week, someone spammed a few keys, which stopped my script from taking any inputs; I then had to wait a few hours to get home in order to resolve it as my remote tools were not working.]

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multi-Channel Single-Connection interface

I'd like to see multiple channels chat handled under a single connection. The gist being something along the lines of:

Authorization should take place with the websocket upgrade request resulting in the connection.

Joining a specific channel's chat
    - If the channel id does not exist an error should be returned in the reply
    - if a join method has already succeed on the connection for the channel id, an error should be returned in the reply
    ```
    // Client:
    {
    "type": "method",
    "method": "join",
    "arguments": _channel_id_,
    "id": _method_id_
    }
    // Server:
    {
    "type": "reply",
    "error": null,
    "data": {
    "authenticated":…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Implement OPTIONS method on all API endpoints

Whilst I was working on a project involving REST APIs, I came across this little article: http://zacstewart.com/2012/04/14/http-options-method.html

talking about the OPTIONS method for REST APIs. This method, documented in RFC 2616 section 9.2, "lets the client discover what it's allowed to do to a resource."

While this may not be terribly useful to everyone, it looked interesting and since it's a part of the spec, I figured it might be a quick little something to add to make the API even better.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base