Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Revert back to original page layout option

Being able to revert back to original page layout should be an option for people who dont like the new layout. honestly the last layout was way better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the Xbox "Broadcasting Now" Icon Optional

When you link your Microsoft account to your Mixer account, any time you go live there is a “Now Broadcasting” icon that appears to the people on your friends list. I am worried that my so called “friends” on Xbox will see that I am streaming (an activity I've actively kept quite from them) and purposely try to doxx me on stream. In order to protect my privacy I’ve had to unlink these accounts, however I know in the future Mixer is going to push linking them again.

I wanted to suggest making this icon an optional feature rather than…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Apostrophes

I was thinking maybe you should add apostrophes for usernames like my name k'lisrae123 but it won't let me add a apostrophe so my mixer name is klisrae123 it makes it sound weird thanks for reading this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Logging in with other social medias

This feature is similar to the one on the internet, where you can log in with Discord and Google. The app doesn't have this, with only your Microsoft account being accesible with the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Require Mixer Names to be Same as Gamertag

It can be very difficult for streamers who like to have their viewers join in with them if the viewer has a different gamertag vs. Mixer username. Is there any way that we could force the Mixer usernames to simply always match Xbox gamertags? This would really cut down on the necessary communication for inviting a new person into interactive streams. Thanks! :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Name Change

You should allow users to purchase name change capabilities with their sparks. People like me get bored quickly and the thirty day wait get's old fast.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Logging in with the username

Right now you can only log in with an email, y'all should add an option to log in eith the username as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. channel name different than display name

I would like my channel name to be different than my display name when I type. I have a website, and stream under the websites channel name, but I also have a gamertag, and I want that displayed when I type. I am my gamertag, but my channel is my channel. They are not always the same.

I'm sure there are others in the same boat. Would just be nice if channel name and display name when typing were independent of each other.

This way I can have 1 account under my channel, and then watch and chat with viewers…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Name Change Time Counter

There should be a "time left" or "days left" counter on the change name section. I would have found it helpful to know how long I had left to change my name on Mixer before I commited to rebranding andchanging my Xbox Live GT. Thanks for all your work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Discord Sign-In Experience

When I tried to sign up using Discord, it would deny me from creating an account because I didn't have a unique username. This was frustrating because I hadn't even chosen a username in the first place. It took me a while to realize that it took your discord username, so having some flavor text explaining you'll take their discord username for mixer would be nice, or if there is a username conflict to be able to choose a username that would work. I almost gave up on making an account entirely because it was so frustrating

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix the change username option.

Every time I try to change my username it's says that the username is taken and reserved, when in fact it isn't. I looked for people with the name that I wanted to change to and there were none. But mixer being the glitchy stream service it is, decided that no, I am not allowed to change my own name. FIX BEFORE I LOSE IT AND DELETE MY ACCOUNT

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Streamer mode for Xbox Accounts

I think there should be a "Streamer" as a notification setting on the Xbox/linked through your mixer account so that if you receive a notification from someone you don't follow/have as a friend it doesn't actually show up on your messages/invited section.

I have seen many streamers that every time they load up their Xbox they have hundreds of messages from people that they don't even follow (Viewers of said streamer) and i think that it would make it a lot easier for people to manage the messages when they don't get that many notifications.

I think for the streamer…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to reset follow count

Add an option to reset follow count. I don't think it would be used often but I want a fresh start and think others could too. I want to be able to reset my follow count and start again and stream consistently and not have a follow count of mainly in active people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mixer Pro Subscription

I'd like to be able to pay for a pro subscription with maybe a 6 month or 12 month card, kind of like a gift card. I've heard of 1 month pro gift cards, but those are given to partners I believe. Is this something that can be put into affect?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change page name and not affect URL

Could we be able to change the name of our page and not have it affect the link? Maybe have the link be something we can chose separately from our page name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sign up on Mixer with Mixer, as apposed to MSA/Twitter/Discord.

I do not have an MSA account, and I would rather not create a dummy account on another service just for the sake of being able to sign up to yet another service. I would love to simply just be able to sign up to the service I want to use.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Alternate Account Creation Options

There's no way I'll ever use this site if it doesn't have its own account creation, or if I can't use Facebook to log in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. i think you should give the reason to the person your banning from mixer

i think when a person is banned you should give them the reason their being banned.Seriously and this could help with your message inbox

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 gamertags to 1 Mixer channel

A combination of gamertags into one mixer account. Okay so me and my girlfriend each have our own gamertag and mixer account on xbox. We are trying to to unite the stream channels instead of having our own individual. I think this would come in handy for those who want to work with friends and the community to producing more awesome content on one focused channel. Lets get those likes up so we can get this feature guys.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base