Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Missing a month when subbed to a channel

Everyone takes pride in the fact that they have subbed to a channel for 12 months, 24 months, 36 months even. The streamers are proud and the community is proud! What happens when a viewer runs into hard times? Sometimes life is more important and you have to do what you have to do to keep a roof over your head or your electricity on. You end up having to skip a month to ensure life matters are taken care of. What happens to your sub record? it gets wiped out and you reset back to 1 month! This is disheartening and in many case makes a person unmotivated to continue subscribing because now their record is reset. I can speak from personal experience that there have been times where i have had to cancel my subscription renewal because it would hit my account only a day or two before my paycheck hit my account. Honestly a $35 fee for overdrawing my bank account is not an affordable reason to maintain a subscription to any channel.
In light of life and everything it tends to throw at you all at once, i have a proposal. With this proposal i present 2 options:
1. The system be changed to track total months subbed rather then how many months in a row.
2, A suspend subscription option for up to 30 days to continue your subscription and maintain your sub streak record.
It is in my opinion that this will help keep people motivated to continue to supporting the channels the love. With the introduction of gift subs recently, i feel that this would also be another validating point behind option 2. while a persons subscription is suspended for up to 30 days, the community can use "gift a sub" to help them out as well. Then they can reactivate their subscription to keep it going!

23 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RevDragonus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • fierysama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mixer has had saved sub streaks since 2015, not to worry, missing a sub doesn't mean you lose your streak

Feedback and Knowledge Base