Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Lower the Cost of GIFs

I would like to propose that the cost of GIFs go back down to 5k (or lower). GIFs are a way of communicating with the streamer, a way to be interactive with the chat, and honestly one of the primary ways I communicate and spend my sparks. Even as a mod, when chat dies I am able to communicate to the streamer through GIFs. I feel like increasing the price really restricts the use of the most versatile skill available.

172 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Leecho shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kitty Boodles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a mod, also asking for lowering the price back down. To add to others, we have had great times with "gif wars" with many of the chatters, even bringing some out of lurking to get in on the fun and it benefits the streamer partner as well. PLEASE bring the cost back down. Such a high jump in price so suddenly is not good.
    add a cooldown if needed, but now chat is dead with zero gifs and far less action in chat.

• Kitty Boodles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a mod, also asking for lowering the price back down. To add to others, we have had great times with "gif wars" with many of the chatters, even bringing some out of lurking to get in on the fun and it benefits the streamer partner as well. PLEASE bring the cost back down.

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. GIFs are a fun way to communicate with each other and make the viewing experience more enjoyable. At 20k, we can't use them as often and thus it makes the stream more monotoned no matter how entertaining the streamer is. The GIFs keep the viewers engaged besides just dropping sparks, especially when there are hundreds of viewers and you're trying to communicate to the wide audience

• Ashley Tensel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen! I use gifs sooo often! And now i dont use them at all.
    20k for a few seconds, no thanks.
    Drop it back down! A lot of people dont use them anymore and its been killing the channel chat.

• Grim_al_kin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the gif spark increase is a poor choice, and extreme. I don't know what exactly the reasoning for this is.. but to go from 5k (a reasonable amount that even with pro and sub would take around 17 minutes to earn enough sparks to use) to 20k (over an hour) is a poor decision however you want to spin it. I'd be fine with 10k (just a little over a half hour) Gifs are a fun way to communicate and if interactivity is the goal.. this does the exact opposite. If the goal was to lower chat spam .. then the group of people that felt that raising the cost this much has failed to understand the point to sparks for your average Mixer veiwer

• SplitLocked commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making gifs 20,000 sparks is just uncalled for. Downright ludicious! It was perfectly fine at 5000. If there NEEDS to be an increase than maybe 6,000 - 10,000 no higher.

• Chris Davenport commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure exactly what brought about the change to increase the sparks for GIFs to 4 times more than they were but it seems to have really cut back on the amount of interaction in most streams ive been in.

Mainly because the streamers enjoy the GIFs and the communities try to support them by playing a GIF that coinsides with what they are doing or describing.

Doing this in such a manner with no warning, no slight increase in the amount of sparks, or any heads up to anyone in the mixer community. Seems to be in very poor taste for Mixer, especially when you are wanting to grow your numbers in views and exposure. Unannounced changes that are that drastic can cause people to stop being a part of the community. You see it all the time when game developers take to much of a drastic change to their games without warning.

• JR-Flames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Way too much of an increase. Its a source of good laughs in most streams so it definitely needs to come back down

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base