Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Up and Coming

Had a short conversation with u/Matthey on reddit today and he asked me to bring these suggestions from my community over here to be voted on. I've pasted the relevant bits below.

From GrizzledGeek:
Those should be called "New and Rising". Other criteria should be set for up and coming.They need something to fill the gap between New streamers and those (like me at the moment) that just mess about occassionally, and those non-partners who are starting to show promise and just need a little boost of acknowledgement from Mixer that they are not wasting their time, and that will help motivate them to keep grinding.
Make a new category - "Featured Non-Partners". 4 or 5 randomly picked from a pool that meet and maintain minimums. Make the base numbers 25% of whatever the mins are for Partner, for arguement sake. Meet and maintain those numbers, and the standard TOS for streamers obviously, and your channel gets added to the pool, RNG kicks in every time the Home Page gets loaded, pulls up 4 or 5 channels and displays them in a carousel like Featured at the moment.

From OmahaYessa:
I say they have a list of everyone who has at least 10 or 20 or however many followers, and every time someone goes to the Mixer homepage it randomly generates a few people from this list to showcase under the up and coming section. Then once you hit 50 or 100 or whatever followers you get taken off the list since you’re no longer up and coming and the cycle continues. Channels trying to grow get their boost they need, and channels who stream once in a while just messing around with a couple random followers don’t make the list

From 2HotBasementDwellers:
Up and coming should pick from non-partnered streams that meet the required streaming for partner. So if a partner needs to stream 20/month, 3 streams/week, etc, then up and coming could be those that are streaming like a partner but aren't there yetOh, and like being part of hypezone option, if you want to just be causal and not looking at going partner then just don't check it off in your broadcast settings

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paco1342 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)