Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Search

Mixer NEEDS a better search function. Here's the idea:

Familiarity is key here, so I'm recommending making a search function that is similar to Twitter, Instagram, and even Twitch, by using the "#" function.

Allow ALL streamers to input their own, or predetermined drop down lists, of options that best describe their stream.

Ex. Billy wants to watch RPG games but with a streamer who is chill
So he types "RPG, chill"

It shows results of those streamers who added "RPG" and "Chill" on their account.

This idea works for not just the viewer, but also for Developers, and Industry professionals, as more and more people might add "Indie" to their account, Indie Devs will have an easier time finding those who play indie games regularly.

This also works for Mixer for when they're looking through their partner lists to find individuals who play specific type of games.

This idea can also work very well with another idea I had recently posted as well.
<https://watchmixer.uservoice.com/forums/382521-mixer-feedback-ideas/suggestions/37434655-categories>

Thoughts?

18 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Misterjoker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KensonPlays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with what @MisterJoker said. Putting it as key words for your channel would be optimal, then they can search those key words (with any title you want) to find the streamer.

• Freshkleets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed mixer needs a search bar for save the world fortnite . Twitch has one so catch up please

• Ti Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100%, a search function and tags system would make surfacing relevant content much, much easier. Ideally streamers would be able to set up to, say, seven tags, based on things like Game Type (BR, First-Person Shooter, Racing, Puzzle, Fantasy, Adventure, Campaign, Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Online, Ranked, etc), Platform (PC, Console, Xbox, PS4, Switch), then around the Style of stream (Casual, Competitive, Hardcore, Esports), then around Themes set by the streamer (which could be anything from Black History Month, International Women's Week/Month, or Pride Month, to Beauty, Music, LGBTQIA+, Conventions, AMA, Birthday, Anniversary, Streamaversary, Chat, Variety, Live Events, and more).

That way, when a user is looking for a [Casual] [Adventure] streamer from someone celebrating [Black History Month], they're presented with a list of streamers which fill those requirements.

• Buster The Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a fantastic idea. Currently, search is... Well, there isn't even a search bar. You can filter by game, but that's about it. A better way to search for streams and streamers (Including those who are not currently live, perhaps) is greatly needed!

• Grim_al_kin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this could be implemented as a global system. Tags for the streamer (how they view their own streams) and preferences for the viewer (the types of streams they enjoy seeing) Like, I don't care for the BR scene personally, but I may end up liking a game that falls into that category.. only because one part of the game has a BR option. if MOST of the tags fall into other categories, getting suggested the game or streamer, would not bother me

• Misterjoker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be tags on their account/profile and the stream description can still be whatever. This way people can still have the freedom of description, and the account itself will have the tags for internal searching.

Feedback and Knowledge Base