Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Show vods of previous content when a directory is empty or has 5 or less streamers

As a viewer and as a streamer I feel like directory growth could occur if one change was implemented. If a user searches for a game and no one is currently streaming the title or say less than 5 people are streaming a title - play the most recent stream in which someone had their game set to that searched title. Display the vod with a banner over the preview that says "Previously streamed" and have a little blurb stating that noone is streaming the game right now but these (x) streamers broadcast it within the last (y) days.

This would allow people to risk streaming variety a little more, give people discoverability into new content they might enjoy and also make directories appear less void of content.

16 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

nostologic shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Roccityroller TV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea. Not to mention it makes Mixer a hub for people to learn about games they might be interested in, even if there's nobody streaming them at the time.

I.e. Steve wants to check out a new indie game that he heard about from his friends. He goes to mixer and nobody is streaming it so he decides to check youtube/twitch/Facebook. Instead, Steve sees nobody streaming that but he sees a vod of someone that streamed it last night. Steve stays on the platform, is informed about his game, and finds a new creator to enjoy.

• LordofEnvy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this would be a wonderful addition to Mixer. As someone who plays a lot of different games, some that are popular and some that are not so popular as well as having a heavy focus on retro, Not only as a streamer but as a viewer I would love to be able to search "Mega Man X" and find, not only to find people to watch, but also it would make it much easier to find fellow streamers to collab with who have similar interest down the road. It would all around improve the user's experience on Mixer, whether they are a viewer or a streamer.

Feedback and Knowledge Base