Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

mute in mixer chat is a bad idea

So one reason why the mute in mixer chat is a bad thing is "as a moderator we are telling people to do stuff and if people mute us (moderators) and we kick them, then they come back at you, the streamer, saying in an unpleasant confrontational way 'why did I get kicked' or file a report on you, the streamer, because they didn't see a moderator telling them to stop what they are doing." It is a very, very bad idea. I am saying that all moderator text should be seen no matter what, no matter what. I've ran into some very unpleasant moderators before and I just leave. I can see how this can be useful but at the same time I get how it can come back to bite you, the streamer... If people are being unpleasant to one another there is a timeout function. Time them both out; they want to act like small children treat them that way!

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RedMage X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm hoping they do exactly that, if people can mute Moderators, Channel Editors and even the Streamer themselves in chat, it will cause some bigger issues down the road.

Please make these three roles impossible to mute, as there is no sane reason to have that be part of the new feature

• RawXtv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if Mixer just made it impossible to mute a moderator on a channel?

Wouldn't that fix the issue?

Feedback and Knowledge Base