Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Disabled Streams and Partnership Applicaiton Support!

Applying for Partnership can be difficult for anyone, but especially for people with Disabilities, and it was brought to my attention after being denied, that their is no longer an option to appeal a Partnership Denial. As a 100% Disabled Veteran with PTSD, and Major Depression Disorder, and on top of that Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder, not being able to communicate with someone after the initial application is denied, can be very difficult and frustrating, and not saying all disabled applicants should be approved, but I think they should maybe get some special attention, the process and possible denial can be extremely stressful and frustrating for anyone but especially more so with people with similar disabilities to mine.

Despite my Disabilities I am an excellent streamer, with a great community, and streaming is a great way for me and others with disabilities to communicate with the world and meet new friends, in ways that we can not do in real life.

With that said, I know several streamer like me with Autism, and I think the process for Partnership is in a way cruel to some of us with this disability, as not being able to communicate with a staff member during the process, or even appeal a decision, or get special consideration, is especially hard, and for me personally just submitting the application had my Anxiety at an all time high, and the depression at an all time low after the denial.

The worst part was on my first application being denied for something (No Graphics in my Profile) which was not even the case, I had added graphics hours after submitting my application, but I had no way to communicate back to staff.

I do not want to make this only about me, but I know many streamers with disabilities that struggle with the inpersonal application process and their is room for improvement for Mixer to better embrace and support the disabled streaming community!

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MrPanda417 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Comcody96 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly i think this is a good idea because i am also a disabled streamer, i have spinabiffida along with a few other things and working is kind of a struggle for me especially since im medically unable to drive having this be approved would go a long way to helping people with disabilities

Feedback and Knowledge Base